Milan @ Huntingdon The Dog and Pony Show

ZEBRA35

5 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

I know all about the 2 stud running backs. Who's running the show under center? Is he a threat to throw/run? How are the Milan receivers? I expect Morris to line right up and run right at the Mustang defense. This is one of Huntingdon smallest teams size wise in years but one of the fastest in a long time. You know the old saying....speed kills

3 year starter under center. Won't run much but can when needed. Receivers aren't great but the run game makes their job easier. You are right. We are definitely going to run it right at you and see what ya got. 

It's all about matchups with Huntingdon. I don't think we've outsized anyone up front this year in any classification. Huge size disadvantage this week. Visually it will be comical. Milan passing game will be decent but nothing compared to Waverly. Their running game will be on par with Waverly both with big backs. The difference will be what the Milan O line is able to do with our small d line. Waverly was a little frustrated. Running is not what they set out to do. Running is what Milan does. If they start whipping us bad up front it will be a long night. If we can get some stops and force milan to throw they'll be in for a long night. Comes down to defense, always does. 

Edited by KrisKringleberry

1 hour ago, KrisKringleberry said:

It's all about matchups with Huntingdon. I don't think we've outsized anyone up front this year in any classification. Huge size disadvantage this week. Visually it will be comical. Milan passing game will be decent but nothing compared to Waverly. Their running game will be on par with Waverly both with big backs. The difference will be what the Milan O line is able to do with our small d line. Waverly was a little frustrated. Running is not what they set out to do. Running is what Milan does. If they start whipping us bad up front it will be a long night. If we can get some stops and force milan to throw they'll be in for a long night. Comes down to defense, always does. 

Our line at Peabody is big and fast this year and the Dawgs are stout in the trenches!!!I will say knowing more about the Stangs I am gonna say Milan by 10!Our backs are big ,theirs are bigger!!Look for Milan to execute in the trenches and those 3yards runs will be 6 and 10 by the second half!If Milan wind time of possession and plays mistake free ball they will win this one !!!Get it done Dawgs !!!!But.as always ROLL TIDE

I'm looking for a close game. I know this game means nothing for the playoffs but If you are either team you want to win! I think the Mustangs have been waiting on this game since last year when the dawgs embarrassed them. Honestly I was really surprised that Morris ran the score as high as he did. Thats not a knock on him because I know that he is is classy guy I just cant believe he let the score get to 60 plus!!! Thats a TON of points for a high school football game. Milan has shown me in years past that even when you think they are a down they show up when it really matters. If I were an odds maker I would make the line Milan + 7.5.

Gotta love high school football! Don't have facts to back this up but its gotta be one of the oldest and most consistent rivalries in the state!!!

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I'm looking for a close game. I know this game means nothing for the playoffs but If you are either team you want to win! I think the Mustangs have been waiting on this game since last year when the dawgs embarrassed them. Honestly I was really surprised that Morris ran the score as high as he did. Thats not a knock on him because I know that he is is classy guy I just cant believe he let the score get to 60 plus!!! Thats a TON of points for a high school football game. Milan has shown me in years past that even when you think they are a down they show up when it really matters. If I were an odds maker I would make the line Milan + 7.5.

Gotta love high school football! Don't have facts to back this up but its gotta be one of the oldest and most consistent rivalries in the state!!!

Last two years the scores have been really lopsided. Yes we scored alit of points but most was in first half. They year before Huntingdung put it on us pretty good so it was nice to get some pay back. 

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

No disrepect but Huntingdon beat themselves last yr. 1 blocked punt after rolling the snap 2 pick 6s a couple fumbles etc etc. Any time you do that against a good team they will make you pay. Milan was clearly the better team last year. A couple years ago at Milan the Mustangs put a running clock on a Milan team missing a  couple key starters. Hope both teams come in to Friday night healthy and leave the same way

1 hour ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Will this be the most physical game of the season so far for the Mustangs?

The Stangs better buckle up for this one!!The word physical is gonna be an understatement,The Dawgs are big this year and fast and the Milan lines are grown men!!!!!The backs are gonna pound it ,yeah I said backs they are 3 deep!!!!I say this and put it in the bank like U.C. You need to be up 2 scores in the fourth to survive the Dawgs,too darn strong in the fourth!!!

4 hours ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Will this be the most physical game of the season so far for the Mustangs?

100% no doubt. We had several that could barely walk after the Waverly game. This will be the biggest test size wise and athlete wise the Mustangs will face all year. Hope Huntingdon keeps it close!