Greenback at Coalfield round 1!

orngnblk

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Well it sux that coach Ryan is out for the game, that is really going to hurt us. I do believe our boys have shown all year that they can compete with anyone as long as they don't get cheated by the refs. Coalfield will be the best team we have faced McKinney is by far the best QB we will face . If we can slow him down some way we have a good chance, I just think that is a very hard task. Should be another great game in a great rivalry.

I agree! Going to be another dogfight.  CF is nursing a few injuries but I hope they are ready to go by Thursday.  It should be another good one in what's become a good rivalry

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

With the loss of Coach Ryan that in my opinion totals to at least a 21 point swing.7 to the home team and 7 without his offensive mind and 7 just because of CHS big Sr class and returning almost the entire team.

This is a important game for our boys and coaches after the GCA fiasco,do we come out fired up and play disciplined football or do we start like we finished in Karns?We have to stay balanced and play GB PHYSICAL football to stay close enough to have a chance in the fourth.We start getting upset and losing focus we could get ran off the field.We have plenty of speed to hang with them and we arent small but can we stay focused???Time to dig deep and see what kinda stuff we are made of!

That's a bummer.  

This could very well be the best matchup this rivalry has ever seen before. Both teams have separated themselves from the rest as they are both perennial power houses in 1A football. The bottom line for Greenback is they've got to stop Mckinney. If you don't contain and slow him down then you almost have no chance of coming away with a victory! I have a lot of respect for both teams and I think this will be a great game. In the end I just see McKinney being too much for the Cherokee defense! Jackets should win by 2 TD's and add on to that perfect record.