AP Top 10 Class 2A Oct 2

Southtowner

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You could be right. That's why I have Union City, Peabody, and Waverly ranked 1,2,3. I think they are the three best teams. If anyone else wins the state championship then it's a major upset. Waverly has a great offense, but if you can't play defense it's hard to beat Union City. I think Waverly matches up better against Peabody than they would Union City. Two totally different types of offenses in Union City and Peabody. Waverly lost the entire defense from 2016. I just think they might have a better shot if Peabody could knock out Union City. As for the east? I'm not sure  anyone in the east can come within 21 points minimum to the west this season. The east is much weaker than it has been. We don't have a team over here as strong as Marion was the past 3 years. 

I agree with your assessment. I think you hit the nail on the head. Well said. 

i think bass is pretty much on point.

i also think Eagleville can be top 10 and could win 2 games n the playoffs. 

I think the R5/R6 matchup is closer this year than the R4/R3 matchups of the last 2 years. Nary an R4 team got past the 2nd round except Forrest last year. Marion was clearly dominant. I don't see that this year.  

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You could be right. That's why I have Union City, Peabody, and Waverly ranked 1,2,3. I think they are the three best teams. If anyone else wins the state championship then it's a major upset. Waverly has a great offense, but if you can't play defense it's hard to beat Union City. I think Waverly matches up better against Peabody than they would Union City. Two totally different types of offenses in Union City and Peabody. Waverly lost the entire defense from 2016. I just think they might have a better shot if Peabody could knock out Union City. As for the east? I'm not sure  anyone in the east can come within 21 points minimum to the west this season. The east is much weaker than it has been. We don't have a team over here as strong as Marion was the past 3 years. 

You make some great points, but I think that riverrat has it pegged. Anything can happen, and someone usually knocks off a "better team" somewhere in the playoffs...having said that, Waverly is the best team in the west. Matchups are key when three or four teams are close, so who plays whom when and where will matter, but Waverly losing to either UC or Peabody will be considered a mild upset by me. 

27 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You make some great points, but I think that riverrat has it pegged. Anything can happen, and someone usually knocks off a "better team" somewhere in the playoffs...having said that, Waverly is the best team in the west. Matchups are key when three or four teams are close, so who plays whom when and where will matter, but Waverly losing to either UC or Peabody will be considered a mild upset by me. 

That's why I have those three teams at 1,2,3. I have maintained since the summer that one of those would win it all. I still believe it. If Waverly had the defense from last season, I would put them at 1 with a huge gap to 2.  I believe those 3 teams are all pretty even. 

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

i think bass is pretty much on point.

i also think Eagleville can be top 10 and could win 2 games n the playoffs. 

I think the R5/R6 matchup is closer this year than the R4/R3 matchups of the last 2 years. Nary an R4 team got past the 2nd round except Forrest last year. Marion was clearly dominant. I don't see that this year.  

I see it differently. Waverly and Riverside will finish 1/2 and dominate the 3/4 from region 5. I am not sold on Eagleville, and Lewis County will benefit from likely getting the 4 (Hickman), but after that they could be in trouble. Scotts Hill is not bad, should be better by playoff time. 

Sonny More Power Ratings Top 10

46 WAVERLY                             2A     4   1   0   107.20   124.16
 73 PEABODY                             2A     6   1   0    91.55   116.11
 82 HAPPY VALLEY                    2A     5   1   0    90.56   114.53
 92 UNION CITY                        2A     5   1   0    84.76   112.65
 94 DOUGLASS                          2A     4   3   0   109.40   111.82
108 COLUMBIA ACADEMY      2A     5   1   0    97.28   109.39
109 LEWIS COUNTY                  2A     7   0   0    87.28   109.32
114 TYNER                                  2A     5   2   0    98.57   108.66
118 TRINITY CHRISTIAN            2A     4   2   0   100.70   108.20
134 ADAMSVILLE                        2A     3   3   0    97.23   106.18

12 hours ago, riverrat said:

I may be completely wrong but I do not believe Union City is the best team in 2A.  I think Waverly will beat Peabody in the Semifinals.  I would not be surprised if Adamsville or McKenzie sneak up on Union City.  No idea about East tn teams though.

It's way to early to be so drunk!!!!!And I know I own a bar!!!!!