AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Yea man you know me I'm pretty laidback but I think it's pick on vandy day. The guys telling me that mat would have beat waverly last yr I know there is no way we will find out but you guys said it last yr that the Waverly trez game was better than the Marion game right.

Yeah I believe  Marion would've lost to Waverly also last year. Waverly was a handful and we were lucky to sneak out of there. Marion was good too but they weren't as good as the year before. I'm pulling for Waverly in 2A until we get back I miss all the hating I guess they're on you now.

1 minute ago, willie2888 said:

Yeah I believe  Marion would've lost to Waverly also last year. Waverly was a handful and we were lucky to sneak out of there. Marion was good too but they weren't as good as the year before. I'm pulling for Waverly in 2A until we get back I miss all the hating I guess they're on you now.

Most of em are pretty good dudes but there is some that are just plain hardheaded. And thanks for clearing the dust and we will never know about the games. How's #4 looking this week

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Most of em are pretty good dudes but there is some that are just plain hardheaded. And thanks for clearing the dust and we will never know about the games. How's #4 looking this week

He hasn't looked as good as last year either. Hope to get at least one or two wins in the playoffs this year. I know these guys are alright dudes but we all have our homer glasses on

14 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly has a good 2A team, but in no way shape form or fashion are the best in years anywhere but in Waverly. They have a great chance to win it all, but don't get carried away. I've seen 2A Alcoa and CAK teams through the years that would beat them soundly. The old Goodpasture and Lipscomb teams were also monsters. SP and Trousdale have had some great ones. Union City in 2014, CPA 2000, Ezell Harding 2001, among others in 1-2A. 

I said best that I have seen , didn't say the best ever, never said they were unbeatable, they are in 2A so why would I compare them to any other region/division.

13 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Who is saying they are unbeatable laces? Who......

I guess he is saying I said that, which isn't true , never said they were the best HS Football Team ever, just the best I had seen in years, Giles County was pretty good 7-8 years ago as well. When I played in the late 80's Brentwood Academy was the power house we always had to deal with.

13 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I responded to your buddy above that said Waverly was the best team he has ever seen. I'm just saying.. they have a good team, but if he thinks they are the best team ever he needs to get out more. 

Never said best I have ever seen , considering I have watched (in person) Valdosta,GA (in 91 when I was in the Army) Hoover , AL, and numerous Florida HS teams over the years. I am not from Waverly, although coached a bunch of baseball games against them over the years.

11 hours ago, willie2888 said:

Willie, I saw Waverly vs Trezevant game last season as well as Marion live on several occasions. The semifinal and championship game were both undecided until very late in the fourth quarter. I agree with you on one point though. The Marion team from 2015 was better than the 2016 team. That Walters kid was a beast and that team also had Henderson. A healthy Richardson was just too tough to overcome late in the game in that wildcat in 2015. 

14 minutes ago, BAMABOY72 said:

Never said best I have ever seen , considering I have watched (in person) Valdosta,GA (in 91 when I was in the Army) Hoover , AL, and numerous Florida HS teams over the years. I am not from Waverly, although coached a bunch of baseball games against them over the years.

I understand what you meant now. I've seen Waverly this year vs Huntingdon and they have a good team. I'm pulling for them to get there in the west. I like seeing teams that haven't ever been successful rising from the ashes and winning. It's good for the community as well. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

Here it is vandy don't know who this guy is do u

My son plays for East Hickman. I do know Gaven , from when he lived in East Hickman ,actually coached his little brother in coach pitch baseball one year( my youngest sons teams, Gaven was always an age group behind my oldest sons teams, which we always had some battles with Waverly in summer ball.

56 minutes ago, BAMABOY72 said:

My son plays for East Hickman. I do know Gaven , from when he lived in East Hickman ,actually coached his little brother in coach pitch baseball one year( my youngest sons teams, Gaven was always an age group behind my oldest sons teams, which we always had some battles with Waverly in summer ball.

That's what team I thought you followed but didn't want to blast it without knowing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I understand what you meant now. I've seen Waverly this year vs Huntingdon and they have a good team. I'm pulling for them to get there in the west. I like seeing teams that haven't ever been successful rising from the ashes and winning. It's good for the community as well. 

Bass you took this from a decent thread to a GREAT thread and I appreciate it brother. I wish Forrest could be competitive with Waverly but I do agree it is a long shot. 

On 10/26/2017 at 5:05 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

Bass you took this from a decent thread to a GREAT thread and I appreciate it brother. I wish Forrest could be competitive with Waverly but I do agree it is a long shot. 

Forrest will not be competitive against Waverly. That is a pipe dream at best. Beating Summertown and Loretto is nothing to brag about.