Region 7-2a playoff picture

cardfan

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Peabody is going to be tough. They faced UC without their starting QB. I know they want a rematch. But the way things are shaking out. Next week will be a preview for the second round of the playoffs. Just remember beating a team twice in a three week period is tough for anyone. Ask Adamsville. Two years ago they beat us at their place and returned the favor in the playoffs. Our boys may not be big but they are smart and they learn quick. Going to be interesting the next few weeks. 

And 2 starting lineman,the young man that stepped in did GREAT in following weeks, but geez to step in to a role and face the Tornados !?!?Yeah we weren't full strength but.and.it's a sir mixalot "baby got back" sized but,Uc has.grown,they didn't fumble against us though!!!To beat them ya gotta bring your A game!!!!!Dude look at 2015! PHS lost to UC and.Dresden regular season and beat em both in the playoffs!So your on point about that!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

You are correct Card. Region 8 will be swept in the first round. Everyone is looking at the second and third round match ups. The only concern is how beat up will region 7 be going into the semi finals. 

Douglass and Fairley won't be slouches. Their records won't be anything special but Douglass has some good wins. And they are playing a very tough non region. I don't know if the teams that have to travel are guaranteed a win.

14 hours ago, toinemac said:

Douglass and Fairley won't be slouches. Their records won't be anything special but Douglass has some good wins. And they are playing a very tough non region. I don't know if the teams that have to travel are guaranteed a win.

Sorry but they have lost every non region game they played.  And it is not a extremely tough schedule.  Not discounting them at all.  They will be good ball club and will not just roll over and let you take a win.  But any of the 4 playoff teams in 7-2a will have a distinct advantage when it comes to stre ngth of opponents.

43 minutes ago, cardfan said:

Sorry but they have lost every non region game they played.  And it is not a extremely tough schedule.  Not discounting them at all.  They will be good ball club and will not just roll over and let you take a win.  But any of the 4 playoff teams in 7-2a will have a distinct advantage when it comes to stre ngth of opponents.

My thoughts also Card. Plus I will throw in the fact that it seems Memphis is playing by the rules somewhat and that is why there is no clear dominance this year. But the will not lay down but I believe region 7 is loaded to much for them. 

On 10/9/2017 at 7:33 PM, peabodypride said:

Hey Vandy just So you know me and those TCA fellas are pretty okay,you talk Crap about Peabody continuously!That being said make fun of my name lol I don't mind and you my friend, well you don't matter! I talk carp with everyone,but respect most,I mean those horrible sweater vests are hooking me up with TCA stuff to put in in my grill and bar!As far as getting under my skin,keep hoping lol!! But I do enjoy my name being in your mouth,just enjoy the taste buddy!!!!!Let's talk football friends 

ROLL TIDE

The bad thing about the rest of the season,pre playoffs that is,will be all four of the four outta five best 2A squads will beat the heck outta each other while Waverly could rest it's starters!!!!!Not sayin they will ,just saying they could!!!My Tide has to look at two powerhouses outta last three games!I know I know makes ya battle tested,or beat up to heck and back!!!!Injury free ball is needed!!!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

21 hours ago, toinemac said:

If I were a betting man I would say every team in that region  team will lose by 3 scores!!!!If any of our four programs have limited injuries that is!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!!!!

21 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

My thoughts also Card. Plus I will throw in the fact that it seems Memphis is playing by the rules somewhat and that is why there is no clear dominance this year. But the will not lay down but I believe region 7 is loaded to much for them. 

You just had to throw that in! But all the “dominance” from Memphis schools are teams that are in higher classifications than 1A and 2A.

52 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You just had to throw that in! But all the “dominance” from Memphis schools are teams that are in higher classifications than 1A and 2A.

Who this year?  And yes I throw it in because where is Trezevant now. Sub 500 they were 2A the last two years. . There will not be a Memphis team in cookville in 1A 2A 3a 4a. White haven will be there 6a. Lausanne will be D2. Not sure about 5a. 

Edited by BigEdMo