Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

15 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Wow,2400 have signed, that's a lot of support .I'm thinking one way or the other this could get even more ugly says captain obvious.Bottom line  is the people in position to make the call.I can understand being a little hesitant  because you don't know who is telling the truth.Man,I wouldn't want to be wrong either way in a case like this.When your dealing with a kid or a man with a lot of friends in high places.Could cost a lot of money either way.Id look real hard for some middle ground and get this worked out.

1 minute ago, BatmanDevil said:

Wow,2400 have signed, that's a lot of support .I'm thinking one way or the other this could get even more ugly says captain obvious.Bottom line  is the people in position to make the call.I can understand being a little hesitant  because you don't know who is telling the truth.Man,I wouldn't want to be wrong either way in a case like this.When your dealing with a kid or a man with a lot of friends in high places.Could cost a lot of money either way.Id look real hard for some middle ground and get this worked out.

I think we are past the point of working things out.  Sensabaugh obviously has a lawyer from the way the meeting sounds, but Wash Co did their job and took notes on everything.  This is an open and shut dismissal case for a non tenured non staff member.  That letter could have been kept private, but he put it all out in the public.  When people read the letter, we may see a lot of support changing the other direction.  That's a lot of people with a matching story, so I don't think the friends in high places bit will even help him.

I have zero idea what a Greeneville football culture is (I mean, that would be great, you should share that sometime) but how much would Greeneville fans put up with this?  I only ask because yes.... you're a bunch of winners.... but we aren't really in an area where treating kids like college or nfl program players will fly.  Especially in a program that is below .500 historically on the winning end of things.

Well,we went through something simular for the 70s at Greeneville years ago.Things like DC back then would have been nothing.You get a concussion and keep practicing.You ask for a drink and you were a cat.It took something big back then.Now,we had an assistant coach that was a great man and ended up a hero at another high school.They named their field after him.It was a different time and some of the coaches in those days had came  back from Vietnam.This coach thought a player wasn't giving his all (was having a cramp )and didn't mean to but threw that kid down behind the bench when he came of the field.Out came dad and big brother from the stands.It was a sht storm.Greeneville had to let him move on but we all loved him.Times have changed since I was playing but this isn't the 70s either.

10 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Well,we went through something simular for the 70s at Greeneville years ago.Things like DC back then would have been nothing.You get a concussion and keep practicing.You ask for a drink and you were a cat.It took something big back then.Now,we had an assistant coach that was a great man and ended up a hero at another high school.They named their field after him.It was a different time and some of the coaches in those days had came  back from Vietnam.This coach thought a player wasn't giving his all (was having a cramp )and didn't mean to but threw that kid down behind the bench when he came of the field.Out came dad and big brother from the stands.It was a sht storm.Greeneville had to let him move on but we all loved him.Times have changed since I was playing but this isn't the 70s either.

BATMAN - is BVD following this fiasco?    I know he is a Devil at heart but he seems to care so much for ALL high school football players.      I think most of us on here just hate it so bad for the kids who are caught in the middle.

13 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I know that times are a changing and I get that.  We are in an age where a coach is looked at as basically what Sensabaugh claimed he was in a lot of older posts:  Leader, wants to build character, wants to make kids better athletes, etc.  Basically we have someone randomly yelling over coaches, cussing the kids like dogs, making accusations about other faculty and staff in public.  Why?  Is this ok if you are winning football programs?  I again stick by the muck and mire, but that is as official as you can get from a stance from Washington County.  It's an ongoing investigation into everything that has happened, and right now the witnesses and paper trail are all against Sensabaugh.  Kids in high school are that:  kids.  You can't be dogging kids like that.  I can get some upper level college nfl football... but this is local rural high school.  We just had another coach fired from Volunteer a few weeks ago for the same thing.  You can't do that in this area.  If you want to have a winning football program and you are ok with that, I'd love to hear that argument (Not you per say just anyone)

And I agree things used to be tougher, I'm not saying baby kids in practice.  But there is a right way and a wrong way to make kids tougher.

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

BATMAN - is BVD following this fiasco?    I know he is a Devil at heart but he seems to care so much for ALL high school football players.      I think most of us on here just hate it so bad for the kids who are caught in the middle.

I feel bad for the kids who are on the outs on the Crockett team.  Right now, a bunch of them are camped out at Central Office under a tent with Sensabuagh and they ordered some pizzas.  What about the kids who aren't there supporting him?  How are they treated by the rest of the team.  This is a huge split for Crockett.  I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Have not talked to him on this .I don't know all the details for any one kid or the DC team and wish all the players and coaches the best moving forward.It always ends up hurting the team,nomatter what the truth is.Believe me,as a father of a kid that got done shty,I have a lot of thoughts when I see these kinds of things and hope it works out for that whole community.

You know the AD at Crockett, who as I understand it was one of GS's buddies at ETSU and was largely responsible for hiring him, has to be kicking his own behind at this point.  He got his big splash in the media all right with the hire, and now his guy has not only blown up the program but is accusing him of being a pill head and offering him drugs!  I have no clue whether the guy takes pills or not, but it's pretty clear at this point that in Sensabaugh's mind there are only supporters and enemies, and anyone who doesn't go along with what he wants is an enemy.

Edited by Tribal