Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

46 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

All he needs is "most". He obviously has the support of "all" his players at this point. And that is gold. The "good ole boys" will win in the end but lose in the long run. 

Does he though? Or are you just taking that as fact because GS told the JC Press he has the support of all of his players. 

I'm guessing he doesn't have the support of all of his players. That's my opinion.

Edited by WBNC83

38 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

In other words Crockets Administration wants a loosing football team.. 

In other words, Crockett's administration doesn't want to risk a player getting badly hurt and the school getting sued because he was practicing players against doctor's orders and then threatening them.  That's just something a coach cannot do.

Edited by BlueDevil58
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Update from the Johnson City Press

Head football coach Gerald Sensabaugh said Monday the administration was not doing the right thing. Washington County Director of Schools Kimber Halliburton, however, said Sensabaugh was responsible for the cancellation of practice because of a safety issue involving an injured player.

“I really understand parents’ concerns about practice being canceled, but Coach Sensabaugh (previously) practiced a player who was under doctor’s orders not to practice,” Halliburton said. “After disregarding the doctor’s orders, the coach then approached the player, confronted the player and the trainer in what the trainer described as an intimidating and harassing manner.

“Other witnesses actually saw this confrontation, and this student was confronted in front of his peers, which was embarrassing.”

Halliburton said practice was canceled for the safety of the students.

“Coach Sensabaugh disregarded the student’s safety by practicing him, and then made him feel bad for disclosing it,” she said. “I want our parents to know the safety of our students is the No. 1 priority above football and above anything.”

This gets better by the minute!

3 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

I wish.

I know a lot of people in that system and I've been following the stuff on Facebook after he news story broke.  I've taught and coached for years in other systems, too.  I just rolled my eyes as I read rant after rant from this jerk.

The stuff he's griping about is mostly just the reality of working in any county school system in TN.   If the counties had the money that Kingsport, Bristol, or Johnson City get they wouldn't have most of these problems, but they don't have that money so they have to make do with what they've got.

GS doesn't get that and has destroyed his team and burned his bridges because of his one man crusade to personally run the school system.  When he turned on the teachers in that system and then started blaming others for his own screw ups (the fundraising fiasco) is when he crossed the line from being a leader to being a demagogue.

Sounds like to me, he wants to improve the program and tAking this head on. He asking for more and will settle for less. He has stepped on toes. Good for him. There is no better time than the present to have this fight. After the season they sweep him under the rug. 

IT IS NOT RIGHT TO ISE THESE KIDS AS A PLATFORM FOR YHE BOARD TO FURTHER THEIR AGENDA. 

THIS IS JUST AS POOR JUDGEMENT. 

4 hours ago, Tribal said:

If the issues have been around a long time, and most or all have nothing to do with football, why does he have to assume the bully pulpit during football season?  The whole thing seems really strange to me, as he was hired to do one thing--coach football, as he's not a teacher or faculty member--and yet now he's become the spokesperson for everything that might be wrong with the school system.  As I said, he could be right about every issue he's raised yet still be wrong in when and how he's going about it IMO.

NOPE...he's an educator. First responsibility is the same as every other teacher in the system, and football is secondary. Lots of coaches are teachers only because it allows them to do what they love best, which is to coach...still they are educators first, and the timing of his revelation to coincide with football season may be unfortunate, but he not wrong with the "when".

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Still doesn't hold water unless the whole staff is fired and there isn't a coach in the school that could not  have put them through some kind of weight training ,conditioning or something.I guess we will see when the smoke clears

Nonexistent. All coaches (even volunteers) have to have a background check, be fingerprinted, and certified. Someone there could have worked with the team, unless everyone connected was terminated or resigned.

As outsider interested in who wins Fri. night, Crockett is better according to computer maybe 2 tds. But Haywood has lost to Quality Teams and this won't be easy game Coach or not.. Haywood is less than 20 percent on pickums I'm going with them. May the Seniors and Leaders of this team prove me wrong.

22 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

blackmail?  "Good ole Boys" doin' work tonight!

Not a good ole boy and nowhere near Washington County. He’s throwing people under the bus and trying to blackmail them into getting his way. At this point he’s got a few good claims, but all have been nullified by his incoherent arguments on social media and dragging his team into the middle of this mess. That’s not admirable.