Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

19 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

Bucsback, you're a Crockett fan, right? I seem to remember your posts when GS was hired. You weren't sold on the hire from the get go. 

No that's not exactly right. I had reservations but then after watching him and DC in the spring scrimmage I felt he would be good for DC. But things started changing for me during the summer and fall practice. I started having parents complain to me about a very harsh coaching style. I wrote it off to kids not be use to a different coach. After about 20 kids started quitting and a lot of them seniors. I started looking and listening closer about the parents complaints. During a couple of the fall scrimmages and a bunch of hearing M.F'ers from him to the kids. I started completely changing my viewpoint on him. I missed the first game but witnessed the pregame of Campbell County and him using conditioning as punishment with bear crawls in front of everyone. Of course, cursing them the whole time. DC got beat by 2. I don't condone his way of motivating kids. IMO it's abuse. I've heard to many issues to discuss all. But I understand that one of his best players was about to quit and make a statement on what was really going on. I wouldn't want to see that kid not finish his senior year but I would love to hear what is really going on inside the sensabaugh camp.  

In the muck and mire of this whole situation, it looks like there are some grains of truth on both sides, but only one side has set itself up for failure at this point.

From what I have heard, GS has had a lot of complaints from a variety of sources, even though the results (5-2) speak for themselves.  Some how some way it looks like GS saw some writing on the wall that the county did not want to bring him back next year because of complaints, assistants quitting, verbal reprimands, etc, so he has decided to air some dirty laundry from within Washington County.  What's true and not true will eventually come out, but it looks like there are grains of truth from both sides of this conflict.

He isn't wrong about football bringing in money.  A big part of DC and DB school budgets are taken care of because of the money generated by football.  That one post leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.  He is basically asking his kids to say they don't want to play  which in turn will cost Crockett fines and money lost to other schools who may host Crockett for a game or for games that Crockett would host.

County is making a paper trail that GS really can't fight against by shouting into the wind.  When you work for a county or a company, they have rules you have to follow.  The social media rule has been broken by him whether people like what he has said or not, and every time he posts something it just makes the paper trail that much easier for the county.  Dirty laundry is being aired, but the long story short is GS won't be coaching at Crockett next year and Washington County will move on like it always has.  Public comments at board hearings that generate news is probably the best bet anyone living in the county and having a dog in this fight will have for changing things.

49 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

If the player safety issue is legit, then all of the shouting and posturing is academic.

It is so hard to discern truth from falsehood on either side.    About the practice issue, I would just wonder this....  Crockett's last practice would have been Thursday 10/5/17, if this was such a big deal then why do we only hear about it last night (10/9) ??

18 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

"If"

Nothing mentioned in his posts are mentioning this part of his reprimand, so now you have a county issuing an official statement on why there were concerns.  This is either true or not true and has two outcomes.

True:  He did this, it's a layup to get fired, he can't fight it.

False:  The county has lied about a serious matter which also leads into the character of an employee, and now they are opening up themselves to get sued.  This is a battle they can't win because A.  There is no note B. They are falsifying a note, parent, student, athletic trainer, and themselves to all stick to the same story and not talk about how they are lying.  Way too many people involved.

Stranger things have happened, but I don't see a school system issuing a statement that is a lie that opens themselves up to go to court.  It's an EASY way to get into court if they are lying.  If they are telling the truth you wouldn't see Sensabaugh fighting it because the way he would be fired would be "willingly putting a player into physical harm regardless of a doctor's note."

Paper trail, paper trail, paper trail on the county's part

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

If he's not a teacher or administrator, how is he the head coach?

The state allows "non-faculty" coaches.

However, the law says they need 5 years of experience first before they can be HC in football.  Crockett already violated this law by naming him HC with ZERO coaching experience of any kind.  He didn't even coach at Dobyns-Bennett last year, as had been reported.  He just showed up here and there to hang around practice.

They wanted his name for the publicity.  The job opened up and GS walked into Crockett and told them he wanted it, so they should give it to him.  That was the hiring process.  No other candidates were even seriously considered for the job out of over 60 who applied with some great resumes and experience in that mix.

Man, do they regret that one...

2 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

The state allows "non-faculty" coaches.

However, the law says they need 5 years of experience first before they can be HC in football.  Crockett already violated this law by naming him HC with ZERO coaching experience of any kind.  He didn't even coach at Dobyns-Bennett last year, as had been reported.  He just showed up here and there to hang around practice.

They wanted his name for the publicity.  The job opened up and GS walked into Crockett and told them he wanted it, so they should give it to him.  That was the hiring process.  No other candidates were even seriously considered for the job out of over 60 who applied with some great resumes and experience in that mix.

Man, do they regret that one...

Nothing about five years here http://tssaa.org/tssaa-coaching-requirements/

He just needs to approved, reported to the TSSAA, and complete the safety courses.  I've never heard of five years coaching experience.  Where did you get that one?  As far as the state laws go, it just means he has to pass a background check.