Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

1 minute ago, KennyPowers55 said:

The letter he was given really puts somethings into context. He’s far from the victim here if all that’s true. School system has a lot more to lose than he does, so I don’t see them lying. 

I am agreeing with you.  Some dirty laundry has been aired.  He wasn't wrong with some of his original points, but he basically has I don't care on the mind.

Players are stuck in the middle right now.  Tough tough position.  I'd say that letter is true, it's going to have tons of documentation to back it up and witnesses.  I'm kind of glued to this story on social media right now.

Blazer,I'm with you about  the kids in this situation.It's a shame they finally have a chance to be  good and something positive happen, just to end this way...Speaking of DC and positive.One of my boys dates a former DC cheerleader and I can tell you one thing.If they don't do anything else right over  in Washington co.,they know how to raise their daughters.

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

https://twitter.com/WCYB_Lucas/status/917776074536308736

Ok so here is his letter, and this may be the craziest thing I have read in a while.

There it is.  This seals it.  The school wouldn't risk a lawsuit to fabricate all that.  With so many adults also standing by testimony that GS has done those things, potentially opening themselves up to liability if they were lying, he needs to be canned.

I can't say that I'm surprised.  I'd heard rumblings out of Crockett for a while that GS was being extremely difficult to work with and that a lot of the players couldn't stand his abrasive style, but not many specifics. Here, there's plenty of them.

This also falls in line with the stuff he's put on social media.  Put it all together and you get someone who's showing signs of serious mental issues.  I don't know too any people supporting GS right now who've actually worked directly with him at DC.  Most of his online supporters are just fans who've never met him, along with some old friends from Kingsport.

The fact that that GS himself thought it was actually a good idea to leak this to the media speaks volumes about his judgement and fitness to coach at DC than any Facebook spat ever could.

But he'll still have his supporters who'll believe it when he tells them it's all lies from "the Good Ol' Boys" trying to shut him up.  The Crockett program is a total train wreck now.  This season is shot and this kind of thing is going to cause lasting damage to the program that'll linger for years.  He's making the team and community take sides.  It's awful for those kids, especially those seniors, who worked so hard to get to this point.

Edited by BlueDevil58

3 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

There it is.  This seals it.  The school wouldn't risk a lawsuit to fabricate all that.  With so many adults also standing by testimony that GS has done those things, potentially opening themselves up to liability if they were lying, he needs to be canned.

I can't say that I'm surprised.  I'd heard rumblings out of Crockett for a while that GS was being extremely difficult to work with and that a lot of the players couldn't stand his abrasive style, but not many specifics. Here, there's plenty of them.

This also falls in line with the stuff he's put on social media.  Put it all together and you get someone who's showing signs of serious mental issues.  I don't know too any people supporting GS right now who've actually worked directly with him at DC.  Most of his online supporters are just fans who've never met him, along with some old friends.

The fact that that GS himself thought it was actually a good idea to leak this to the media speaks volumes about his judgement and fitness to coach at DC than any Facebook spat ever could.

But he'll still have his supporters who'll believe it when he tells them it's all lies from "the Good Ol' Boys" trying to shut him up.  The Crockett program is a total train wreck now.  This season is shot and this kind of thing is going to cause lasting damage to the program that'll linger for years.

I'm wondering if his supporters have read that letter and are still supporting him though.  I want to know if they will even have a season left now.  I still think we could see the 1st time the Musket Bowl is cancelled because their football season has been cancelled.

Just now, formerblazer said:

I'm wondering if his supporters have read that letter and are still supporting him though.  I want to know if they will even have a season left now.  I still think we could see the 1st time the Musket Bowl is cancelled because their football season has been cancelled.

If they can name one of the assistants to an interim coach, I think they can salvage the season without too much trouble.  It just depends on how many players walk off in support of Sensabaugh.  From that letter, it doesn't sound like too many will go.  They should have enough to play the final 3 games, plus a playoff.  But this could have potentially been a year where they win 7 or 8 games and go down as a real high point in Crockett football.  Now, who knows which kids will stay or leave?  It's just a bad, bad situation for those kids.

Next year's going to be very weird.  GS doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's just going to walk off into the sunset and who knows if all the talent that Crockett's managed to develop won't just get fed up with all the drama and transfer to Greenville, Science Hill, or Boone.  Will the community be patient with the coach who has to pick up the pieces and rebuild all the bridges that GS burnt after they've come to finally expect wins from Crockett, or will they throw him under the bus since he could never know football as well as someone who played in the NFL.

1 minute ago, BlueDevil58 said:

If they can name one of the assistants to an interim coach, I think they can salvage the season without too much trouble.  It just depends on how many players walk off in support of Sensabaugh.  From that letter, it doesn't sound like too many will go.  They should have enough to play the final 3 games, plus a playoff.  But this could have potentially been a year where they win 7 or 8 games and go down as a real high point in Crockett football.  Now, who knows which kids will stay or leave?  It's just a bad, bad situation for those kids.

Next year's going to be very weird.  GS doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's just going to walk off into the sunset and who knows if all the talent that Crockett's managed to develop won't just get fed up with all the drama and transfer to Greenville, Science Hill, or Boone.  Will the community be patient with the coach who has to pick up the pieces and rebuild all the bridges that GS burnt after they've come to finally expect wins from Crockett, or will they throw him under the bus since he could never know football as well as someone who played in the NFL.

I'm looking at it as a point of a strike line.  If you check out social media and pictures from the central office, he has a lot of supporters.  People are talking about not going to the games and kids stating they will not be playing... whoever has to meet with them today and is taking over better have a good speech to get everyone focused.  

That's the thing about Crockett.  If the kids live in Johnson City limits, sure they can head to Science Hill, but Carter has his system and shenanigans won't happen there.  If they live in the Crockett zone, they have to go to Crockett.  Unless a family has the money to move, that won't be happening.  Maybe they can have some tuition students, sure, but I'm pretty sure the best that Crockett has to offer wouldn't find a place at Greeneville or Science Hill.

Bad bad situation.

This guy sounds like a total "nut" job....the sad thing is because he played in the NFL, there will always be a few kids that will follow whatever he says.  There were probably some valid points made by him, but if you went to every county in the state there are probably some upgrades or changes that could be made...the problem is he never tried to implement change in the right way, he just went off like a loose cannon. 

37 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Technically we no longer have a "Musket Bowl"....  Our new school director has renamed it the "We are One Bowl".

This is why Fenders Farm cut this pattern:     fenders%20maze%202017_sm265x216.jpg?crc=