Class 2A AP Poll Oct 9

TheAmbassador

28 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Those are the AP Rankings. Mine looked a little different. 

Wait and see, the East winner will be Marion, Tyner or Trousdale.... they may get killed by West team but the winner of East will come from those 3. I still think Marion is team to beat. They have gotten beat by good teams. Whitwell will tell me more about TC by what happens with them and SP Friday. 

34 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

1. Meigs Co

2. Waverly

3. Union City

4. Peabody

5. Lewis Co

6. TCA

7. Columbia Academy

8. Eagleville

9. Tyner

10. Adamsville

If Lewis county struggled against Forrest they are not a top ten team. TC is a young team that's average and they destroyed Forrest in scrimmage. It wasn't even close. Now Waverly and that bunch is the cream of the crop

I think Mustang nailed it by including Adamsville in top 10.  Their record reminds me of TCA two years ago.  We finished in final four after a tough early regular season.  Adamsville is poised to do the same.  Don’t let their record fool you.  The next two weeks will tell us a lot about 2A!

No No No. Bass I don't wanna be n #1. I wanna be ranked lower.  I think we are the new kids on the block and until we prove ourselves we should be at least 3rd or 4th. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the respect but I would rather our boys see that there is someone out there who is better.  On paper anyways. Just saying.  

I'm totally kidding

1 hour ago, Volstate said:

Wait and see, the East winner will be Marion, Tyner or Trousdale.... they may get killed by West team but the winner of East will come from those 3. I still think Marion is team to beat. They have gotten beat by good teams. Whitwell will tell me more about TC by what happens with them and SP Friday. 

I don't disagree with you. I just included Meigs because they are undefeated. 

38 minutes ago, TCAIntense said:

I think Mustang nailed it by including Adamsville in top 10.  Their record reminds me of TCA two years ago.  We finished in final four after a tough early regular season.  Adamsville is poised to do the same.  Don’t let their record fool you.  The next two weeks will tell us a lot about 2A!

I agree Intense. Adamsville could be tricky. UC can claim they are the new kids on the block but we all know they have always been a 2A team competing in in 1A. Their success is no surprise and they should be number 1. 

33 minutes ago, TCAIntense said:

Agreed. A'ville challenged themselves, and it will pay off, they are definitely a top 10 team especially if there are region 5 teams listed in the top 10. TCA should be above LC into the top 5 though. LC hasn't faced any competition honestly.

Surprised to see TC still hanging on in the Top 10 with 3 losses. Granted those 3 losses came to private power Friendship, 4A Macon (if you haven't seen the QB for Macon Co play, your missing a show. I'll save most of the details for a different post but he scored his 100th Career TD this past Friday), and 1A Whitwell, which is undefeated with some big wins, on a last second FG. Still this team is young and injured. 3 loses though and still in the top 10 may be a result of their schedule. From what I've seen and heard, still not sure about this team. Should finish the year at 7-3 but Jackson Co could pull an upset in W11. Hopefully the Bye in W10 will allow them to get healthy. 

30 minutes ago, pantherpride17 said:

does the east hold the home field advantage this year in the 3rd and 4th rounds or how does that work

Panther, Home field for first 3 rds is based on seeding. Semis alternates each year between Middle and East or Middle and West (depending which side of the bracket your on). Same for Championship but thats really just stadium side and uniform at that point. Im not sure which way the semis is this year. 

23 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Surprised to see TC still hanging on in the Top 10 with 3 losses. Granted those 3 losses came to private power Friendship, 4A Macon (if you haven't seen the QB for Macon Co play, your missing a show. I'll save most of the details for a different post but he scored his 100th Career TD this past Friday), and 1A Whitwell, which is undefeated with some big wins, on a last second FG. Still this team is young and injured. 3 loses though and still in the top 10 may be a result of their schedule. From what I've seen and heard, still not sure about this team. Should finish the year at 7-3 but Jackson Co could pull an upset in W11. Hopefully the Bye in W10 will allow them to get healthy. 

Let this stat kick in... TC 3 losses  are to 3 teams combined overall record of 21-1.... probably the toughest schedule TC has played since 2013 or 2014 when we had gallatin, macon and friendship and I think Gordonsville was highly ranked one of those years.