William Blount Hosts Stone Memorial

BarneySox2007

On 11/2/2017 at 9:48 PM, TheGuvna said:

I heard that too. Sounds like a conflict of interest to me. I just hope they would have made changes any way because the defense has been terrible. We could have left the defense on the side line and they would have been just as effective as they were on the field. That is where our defense has been...

I heard Shad calls the offense and defense. So, if scheme is the problem, it falls on Shad. 

2 hours ago, Gforce said:

So what your saying is, that no one at WBHS could play anywhere else,   they are all scrubs that would end up on the practice squad?

I don't know to whom you are asking this question, so if it was not intended for me I apologize in advance for answering.  I was not implying that no one WB could not play anywhere else, I actually thought that if David Ellis would have had their OL this year, that they would have been the best OL in the area.  Because of obvious reasons, some kids are going to play there and play earlier than they would at some other schools....But, for some kids, their parents have decided that it is in their kids best interest to go elsewhere, and there is nothing wrong with that decision. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jake said:

I don't know to whom you are asking this question, so if it was not intended for me I apologize in advance for answering.  I was not implying that no one WB could not play anywhere else, I actually thought that if David Ellis would have had their OL this year, that they would have been the best OL in the area.  Because of obvious reasons, some kids are going to play there and play earlier than they would at some other schools....But, for some kids, their parents have decided that it is in their kids best interest to go elsewhere, and there is nothing wrong with that decision. 

Yep. But to the other guy's post, WB has some great kid that could play anywhere. They've had a bunch of kids in the past that were talented enough to play anywhere including Jake's son.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:46 AM, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I heard Shad calls the offense and defense. So, if scheme is the problem, it falls on Shad. 

Think about what you are saying. How many times have you heard of a coach being both the o and d coordinator at any level? I've been to practice and Shad is definitely much more involved with the offense.

Like I have said before, the current d coordinator has been here a few years longer than Shad and the defense has been bad every year. The common denominator is the d coordinator.

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

Think about what you are saying. How many times have you heard of a coach being both the o and d coordinator at any level? I've been to practice and Shad is definitely much more involved with the offense.

Like I have said before, the current d coordinator has been here a few years longer than Shad and the defense has been bad every year. The common denominator is the d coordinator.

I was just told that after the first couple of games that Shad took over the defense. I trust my source. You know the staff is in trouble when you have two guys who coached middle school last year, coaching the varsity this year. William Blount will never be consistently good because no good coaches want to work there. 

21 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I was just told that after the first couple of games that Shad took over the defense. I trust my source. You know the staff is in trouble when you have two guys who coached middle school last year, coaching the varsity this year. William Blount will never be consistently good because no good coaches want to work there. 

Well WB's defensive coordinator has been here since Gregory if I remember correctly. I know he was defensive coordinator under the last head coach, Justin Ridge. I am telling you the same guy has been calling defense since before Shad got here.

What middle school coaches? Shad added a few new position coaches this year, but the same guy called the defense.