William Blount Hosts Stone Memorial

BarneySox2007

5 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Shad can do. You said defensive changes, what would need to change as far as defense? Staff? Scheme?

We've had the same defensive coord for 5 or 6 years. We have not had a remotely decent defense in all that time. Before the current d coord came we were solid on that side of the ball, but now we are giving up more points than any team in 6a.  I think you gotta consider shaking up the defensive staff at this point.

9 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

To be fair, WB only had 7 seniors on the roster this year. I was listening to Cupp on the radio the other week and he was naming off all the sophomores and freshmen that are starting or getting a lot of playing time on friday nights, and it really put things in perspective for me. 

This year has definitely been a big disappointment, but there is reason for hope. We have found a really good QB in freshman Trey Clemmer and he has a lot of talented young guys around him. I'm told they have a receiver on JV who looks like Isaiah Hannah 2.0. That alone gets me excited. The offense will be good. The question is will the necessary changes be made on defense?

The big question is, will the QB return?

11 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

To be fair, WB only had 7 seniors on the roster this year. I was listening to Cupp on the radio the other week and he was naming off all the sophomores and freshmen that are starting or getting a lot of playing time on friday nights, and it really put things in perspective for me. 

This year has definitely been a big disappointment, but there is reason for hope. We have found a really good QB in freshman Trey Clemmer and he has a lot of talented young guys around him. I'm told they have a receiver on JV who looks like Isaiah Hannah 2.0. That alone gets me excited. The offense will be good. The question is will the necessary changes be made on defense?

Is this the story we're going to run with because they started out the season with 11 seniors and four went missing in action during the year. I'm sure Shad ran them off one way or the other so he has a good excuse for going 1-9. This cat has more alibis than Butch Jones. I went to see them play Catholic in a scrimmage two years ago and the JV's or younger players looked good in that contest and my thoughts were that they would be a decent team in two years but has something went totally wrong in Alnwick and the train run off the tracks. Last year he sweet talked close to 30 kids into not playing at their option the last game against Oakland so there would be an excuse for that beating. I only wish these kids the best that play at William Blount and pull for them every game but until the AD grabs the bull by the horns ( Contractor / Coach ) and makes a change we will all be singing the same song this time next year. We hear this story over and over every year, that's why this thread is always the longest on Coach T and I'm sure it has to amaze the people on the central and west side of the state.  Face it WB has made two horrible hires in a row but continue to believe in the future while players are jumping off the Titanic going other places because they don't want to end up in the same mess as the kids ahead of them did.  Look for one of your best players to be at a private school next year because I know people at that school that have told me.