William Blount Hosts Stone Memorial

BarneySox2007

11 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Dearest mother -

Our unit was victorious in our final campaign against the large cats from the plateau. Commander Shadowens has regained his stamina thanks to your care package of salted skunk loin and squirrel tail bread. We shall train throughout the winter for the next campaign.

Your loving son William

200px-William-blount-rosenthal-etching-n

RR.....Post ov tha yeer worthee.....and Momma jist axed me if'un 'salted skunk loin and squirrel tail butter' wuz enny good...???.......:hungry:

38 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

got a 4A team with a losing record to travel almost 100 miles each way to play a school with 1800 kids. 

Commander Shadowens is 5-27 in three years and had to get a win last night against a team that could not beat any team in any classification in Blount, Loudon or Knox County to keep from finishing 0-10 for the first time in school history....and the WB faithful are giddy and will on here in the next few weeks talking about the deep playoff run they will have next year.....enough said! 

32 minutes ago, jake said:

Commander Shadowens is 5-27 in three years and had to get a win last night against a team that could not beat any team in any classification in Blount, Loudon or Knox County to keep from finishing 0-10 for the first time in school history....and the WB faithful are giddy and will on here in the next few weeks talking about the deep playoff run they will have next year.....enough said! 

I talked to a SM parent at a restaurant before the game. He was pretty upset about his sons team traveling this far to play a 6A school. He said he was going was going to ask his administration why they did that to the kids when they could have played a team closer to their size and closer to home before the seniors start the playoffs

12 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Dearest mother -

Our unit was victorious in our final campaign against the large cats from the plateau. Commander Shadowens has regained his stamina thanks to your care package of salted skunk loin and squirrel tail bread. We shall train throughout the winter for the next campaign.

Your loving son William

200px-William-blount-rosenthal-etching-n

Best post award!!!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I kept telling people at the beginning of the season that our schedule was not as easy as people let on. Lenoir City played for their region championship tonight (which nobody expected), Anderson County's QB is top 10 in the nation in passing yards, Jeff Co beat Science Hill, and Stone Memorial looked good on paper before the season. So much for an easy schedule

Come on guv!You guys sucked it up all year.Quit making it sound like shad scheduled Maryville 9 weeks in a row.1800 kids NO EXCUSES.Wasnt even competitive in most games.

33 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I talked to a SM parent at a restaurant before the game. He was pretty upset about his sons team traveling this far to play a 6A school. He said he was going was going to ask his administration why they did that to the kids when they could have played a team closer to their size and closer to home before the seniors start the playoffs

Probably thought it's be an easy win.

That and not sure how easy it is to find an out of region game in week 11.

2 hours ago, jake said:

Not everyone is giddy, trust me...

I will say this though...congrats to all of our players, especially the Seniors, on the win. I know how it feels to go into your Senior Night 0-9 and get a win. It kind of makes everything alright for a few hours, and that’s a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Come on guv!You guys sucked it up all year.Quit making it sound like shad scheduled Maryville 9 weeks in a row.1800 kids NO EXCUSES.Wasnt even competitive in most games.

I never said that. Its just a fact that our schedule was not weak. Lenoir City was in a position to win their region last night, Anderson Co is undefeated and has won all of their games convincingly, and Jeff Co upset a really good Science Hill team and has beaten us more often than not. And Stone was coming off 2 really good years in a row when we scheduled them. How the heck were those games supposed to be guaranteed wins?

WB only had 7 seniors play their last game last night. We've had a freshman QB starting and a lot of youngsters playing on friday nights. Oh, and the JV team was 6-2 on the year. Nobody is thrilled to be 1-9 with a win over Stone Memorial. I was happy to see the team go out and play their hearts out when all they had to play for was pride. 5 of the 7 seniors scored tds and the team as a whole played with passion.  If you saw them play last night you would not know they were 0-9 with nothing to play for.

The kids did not make the schedule. They suited up and played their opponent. They could have not cared and played with zero effort like the 2014 team did when they traveled to Bearden, but they didnt! They left it all out on the field and went out as winners. 

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Pretty sad when an "adult" cant be happy for their alma mater when they had a rough season and finished with a win.