William Blount Hosts Stone Memorial

BarneySox2007

This will probably be my one and only post!  It kills me how some parents or fans act like they are perfect. You have some that put too much pressure on their own kids and can't admit it. Especially when they get treated better at football than they do at home. (Example - Shad praying in the coaches office with a senior last year about his home life. No shad didn't tell this the Kid did!)!  Then you have the parents that pull their kids and want to sling rocks!  I call every one of you all big mouth jokers!!  Yes most of your kids are great athletes and I would love to have them at WB. I promise if you have all the county kids back you have a more than decent team. Now to the parents who pull their kids and they will never see the field! Ever!  Some wouldn't ever see it at WB! Even with all that training some have received! I call that scout team champion! As for the rest of you that post making fun of WB and the kids. I've seen most of you and if our kids could see you all I'm sure they would do exactly what I did - laugh their... off. Football comes and goes but what you see in the mirror will be there forever!!  

2 minutes ago, Tgov said:

This will probably be my one and only post!  It kills me how some parents or fans act like they are perfect. You have some that put too much pressure on their own kids and can't admit it. Especially when they get treated better at football than they do at home. (Example - Shad praying in the coaches office with a senior last year about his home life. No shad didn't tell this the Kid did!)!  Then you have the parents that pull their kids and want to sling rocks!  I call every one of you all big mouth jokers!!  Yes most of your kids are great athletes and I would love to have them at WB. I promise if you have all the county kids back you have a more than decent team. Now to the parents who pull their kids and they will never see the field! Ever!  Some wouldn't ever see it at WB! Even with all that training some have received! I call that scout team champion! As for the rest of you that post making fun of WB and the kids. I've seen most of you and if our kids could see you all I'm sure they would do exactly what I did - laugh their... off. Football comes and goes but what you see in the mirror will be there forever!!  

Yes GB got one that never got to play.Kid is a fine athlete and plays every fri (and some thursdays) for the two time state runner up and top 5 ranked team in the state!So i have to question your coaches abilities!!Some kids dont look the part but give all they have when the Fri night lights come on.Kid plays with alot of pride he was a nice addition.

13 minutes ago, Tgov said:

I would never make fun of kids from any school, so I don't think this applies to me, but just in case it does, I'm  pretty happy with what I see in the mirror. Lol. Of course,  I may just have low standards 

Edited by 32hammer

I did watch some of this game on my phone some last night but at the half it was a pretty good game until the second half and Blount seem to blow it wide open. This is why they have teams divided into different classifications because one can keep pulling from the bench while the other team runs out. At least they put a 17 game losing streak to an end which is an all time record which was ten before that. May be an all time Blount County Record but I haven't checked that yet since I have all the scores from all the teams since 1945 and Alcoa and Maryville's since the beginning.  Had WB not dropped Alcoa for this game that record would be 18 and the first win less season in school history.

Barney,

You consider 28-7 to be the halftime score of a good game? The score should have really been 35-0 at half. WB was driving to score on their first drive (after forcing Stone to 3 and out )and fumbled the ball. After that, WB went back to being headcases and let Stone score easily. After that drive, Stone didnt do anything offensively until WB pulled the defensive starters in the 3rd. WB moved the ball and scored at will all night.

Edited by TheGuvna

7 hours ago, Tgov said:

Could you be a little more specific. This rambling is hard to follow. Maybe respond to each person who offends you individually. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

You consider 28-7 to be the halftime score of a good game? The score should have really been 35-0 at half. WB was driving to score on their first drive (after forcing Stone to 3 and out )and fumbled the ball. After that, WB went back to being headcases and let Stone score easily. After that drive, Stone didnt do anything offensively until WB pulled the defensive starters in the 3rd. WB moved the ball and scored at will all night.

Gov I watched a totally different game last night on the WB's Truth Channel Network. They showed a game that was 17-13 at half and the second half they showed the real game from last night. I was setting with Starz and MLREB telling them what was going on.  When the second half came on it showed a different score and I noticed the visiting team had on different uniforms and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on. I know Shad never tells the truth but I believe the Truth Radio don't either.

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gov I watched a totally different game last night on the WB's Truth Channel Network. They showed a game that was 17-13 at half and the second half they showed the real game from last night. I was setting with Starz and MLREB telling them what was going on.  When the second half came on it showed a different score and I noticed the visiting team had on different uniforms and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on. I know Shad never tells the truth but I believe the Truth Radio don't either.

You were watching the Jeff Co game if it was 17-13.