#4 Riverdale @ #1 Mt Juliet - Rd of 32

GoPats2019

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Still have the doubters I see. LOL MJ wins by atleast 2 scores. I guess I have to be the realist when it comes to MJ football. 

Tell all of us why you think MJ wins this one.  Only someone who is drinking the (MJ kool-aid) would look at these two teams and say one would beat the other by 2 touchdowns. MJ hasn’t played anyone that would even remotely give Riverdale a game so how is MJ that much better?

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Tell all of us why you think MJ wins this one.  Only someone who is drinking the (MJ kool-aid) would look at these two teams and say one would beat the other by 2 touchdowns. MJ hasn’t played anyone that would even remotely give Riverdale a game so how is MJ that much better?

You can almost say the same about Riverdale though. They lost to Oakland and Blackman and needed a 56-yard touchdown pass on the last play to beat Cookeville.

Outside of those 3 games what has Riverdale done that Mt. Juliet wouldn't have replicated? The other wins are over 3A East Nashville (4-6), Franklin (3-7), Siegel (4-6), 4A Spring Hill (5-5), Centennial (4-6), Coffee County (3-7) and Warren County (3-7).

As for Mt. Juliet the old saying goes absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I think this is a bad matchup for Riverdale and the best matchup that Mt. Juliet could have got from the teams in that region.

Hendersonville went into that game against Mt. Juliet scoring 36 points per game and scoring +21 points in every game. And Mt. Juliet held them to 7 points in a game with the region title on the line. And I believe those 7 points were following a turnover putting them in good field position.

Meanwhile Riverdale allowed 21+ points in 6 games. They were behind 31-10 to Centennial and came back with turnovers and special teams playing a considerable factor. They were behind 21-10 to Cookeville and were able to come back with Cookeville throwing 3 interceptions including one in the end zone.

I find it hard to see Riverdale holding Mt. Juliet to less than 21 points with that in mind. And on the flipside I find it hard to see Riverdale scoring much more than 21 against a defense that has only allowed 30 all year.

Mt. Juliet 28

Riverdale 14

Edited by steelcityroller

9 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Another delusional, soon to be humble pie eating, poster. Glad to have you added to the list.

Haha we will see. Again... I’ve NEVER said they are not a good team so please don’t go putting those words in my mouth. Mt. Juliet is a great team. They just haven’t been tested and going into a playoff matchup against a team like any of the 4 from region 3, not being tested in the regular season will play a big factor. How will they show up against real competition when they haven’t had any all season. Like I said in an earlier post, Mt. Juliet is 8-2 at best if they play in region 3. Making them somewhere between #3-5 in that region. Which would put them even with Riverdale or Cookeville. I just don’t think they’ve been tested enough for this game. Just my opinion! 

Just now, Fballfan1978 said:

Really wish the rain didn’t play a big factor in the MJ game last night, but no one is saying MJ not good. We don’t know how good they are because of the schedule. I’m sure no one hates MJ they just don’t like you!!

Good, I'm fine with that. If I joined this site for a popularity contest than I would feel pretty abysmal about my life.

6 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Haha we will see. Again... I’ve NEVER said they are not a good team so please don’t go putting those words in my mouth. Mt. Juliet is a great team. They just haven’t been tested and going into a playoff matchup against a team like any of the 4 from region 3, not being tested in the regular season will play a big factor. How will they show up against real competition when they haven’t had any all season. Like I said in an earlier post, Mt. Juliet is 8-2 at best if they play in region 3. Making them somewhere between #3-5 in that region. Which would put them even with Riverdale or Cookeville. I just don’t think they’ve been tested enough for this game. Just my opinion! 

So a great team can't beat a good team, because the great team wasn't tested enough? The players are still great, soon to be Mr football finalist RB, 70% completion QB, a stifling defense that has averaged 3 points a game.... yeah MJ faithful are sure worried about showing up next Friday... MJ has a top notch coaching staff that put in many hours of hard work and dedication to get their team ready to play week in and week out. No one from MJ's side is worrying about if they're "ready" or not. They shown up each and every game and taken it to their opponents. MJ is an all around great program, and it will show in the playoffs.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Just now, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

So a great team can't beat a good team, because the great team wasn't tested enough? MJ has a top notch coaching staff that outa many hours or hard work and dedication to get their team ready to play week in and week out. No one from MJ's side is worrying about if they're "ready" or not. They shown up each and every game and taken it to their opponents. MJ is an all around great program, and it will show in the playoffs.

Where did I say Riverdale was just “good”? Riverdale is a great team too. So are Oakland, Cookeville, Blackman....I honestly think Mt. Juliet matches up well with Riverdale and Cookeville. Just don’t believe they can beat them. And again, that’s just my opinion. I have mine, and you have yours. And thats ok

Just now, Bump11 said:

Where did I say Riverdale was just “good”? Riverdale is a great team too. So are Oakland, Cookeville, Blackman....I honestly think Mt. Juliet matches up well with Riverdale and Cookeville. Just don’t believe they can beat them. And again, that’s just my opinion. I have mine, and you have yours. And thats ok

Oakland is great, Blackman is on the verge, and every one else is pretty good. Wouldn't consider them great.