Marion County vs Westmoreland

MarionMadness

12 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Id say he wouldnt scared of the fans. LOL matter of fact he probably could care less what fans thought. Most good coaches dont give a rats rearened what a fan thinks. Most of the times the fans are very fical. Most fans are parents and cant see their kids mistakes and think little jimmy is a superstar wether he is or not. As far as the coach goes, I think chad perry would be a good one. I know if he is anything like his uncle which was put in the  TN hall of fame last season he would be a good hire. He is a westmoreland grad which is a plus for me cause Im a homer. I think he is also a good christian man that has raised his own kids to be fine people. His son Jake was a number guy when he played with my son a couple years ago. Like Ive said earlier, I feel we can be a good team next season if we can replace the qb with a decent player. Im saying a good season meaning finishing 1st or 2nd in the region. We have to be disciplined and stop getting stupid penalties and turning the ball over though. It will be interesting as to whom we get as a head coach. I love our program. Id love to see us succeed! Im an eagle for life and a Vol for life nickyhater! LOL

Westmoreland isn’t winning the region any time soon this is TC region for next 3-4 years TC will be even better next year and Westmoreland isn’t any where close to competiting with TC for a region title 

5 minutes ago, RTD said:

Westmoreland isn’t winning the region any time soon this is TC region for next 3-4 years TC will be even better next year and Westmoreland isn’t any where close to competiting with TC for a region title 

We will see little buddy! I have a son on his way up and am looking forward to the next couple years. Hes in middle school now. If the kid from east robertson doesnt go to CPA he will makes some waves in this region. He played against our highschool as an 8th grader when their middleschool season ended and caught a long pass. Supposedly he scored 2 tds against white house heritage! Thats pretty good as an 8th grader. I know TC should be good but like this year injuries can bite you pretty quick. 

18 minutes ago, Nickyhater said:

Then why do you think coach Harris left? And I don’t really know too much abou perry! I hope he ain’t like coach Harris. He would just give up and talk to our players like crap. You can’t just do that to win games. You don’t have to baby them, but don’t just sit there and tell them they don’t have a chance to win because putting someone down doesn’t do any good. It just makes them have an attitude not to try. 

To answer your question about why did he resign, lol lets just put it to you like this. I can work 52 extra days a year that will add an extra $21000 a year to my paycheck. A head coach at westmoreland probably dont earn an extra $5000 of they are lucky to put all that time in. Thats why you better get a guy that LOVES the school and LOVES football. Like coach kelly did for 20 years. Coach harris worked for much less than that as an assistant for 20 years. Id say he was getting tired! Thats along time to coach. I appreciate our coaches. They are molding young men. Coach kelly was alot of folks mentors around here and a great guy. Coach harris is a good guy to. Hes different than coach kelly because no one is the same. I hope whomever the next coach is the players and sometimes more importantly the PARENTS will get behind him. A house divided cannot and will not stand. As far as telling the kids they are not good enough or what have you, its a fine line in telling a kid hes good verses pushing a kid. I feel that is what makes a good HEAD coach. He is good at getting all he can out of his players. Some players need built up others need to be brought down. Thats what makes a good coach, knowing what each needs. I never got to play under roger perry. I always looked forward to it but he left for portland my 8th grade year. He wound up in the hall of fame so his record speaks for itself. That being said alot of folks up here had things they didnt like about him to my understanding because some folks thought he was to serious. Well you have to be serious and alittle over the top sometimes to go to state championships. The story was, his first year coaching at westmoreland he pulled all his players off the field a couple minutes before a game ended at nashville christian over officiating. Some would call that over the top, some would call it motivation. I hear we spanked that same team a couple weeks later in the playoffs. He went onto take weatmoreland to the semis and lose to south pitt. He also went onto take portland to several state championships before retiring at mt juliet. Alot of folks felt he was to hard on players. LOL well do players want to win or do players want to just wear a jersey?! Thats the question.

1 minute ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

To answer your question about why did he resign, lol lets just put it to you like this. I can work 52 extra days a year that will add an extra $21000 a year to my paycheck. A head coach at westmoreland probably dont earn an extra $5000 of they are lucky to put all that time in. Thats why you better get a guy that LOVES the school and LOVES football. Like coach kelly did for 20 years. Coach harris worked for much less than that as an assistant for 20 years. Id say he was getting tired! Thats along time to coach. I appreciate our coaches. They are molding young men. Coach kelly was alot of folks mentors around here and a great guy. Coach harris is a good guy to. Hes different than coach kelly because no one is the same. I hope whomever the next coach is the players and sometimes more importantly the PARENTS will get behind him. A house divided cannot and will not stand. As far as telling the kids they are not good enough or what have you, its a fine line in telling a kid hes good verses pushing a kid. I feel that is what makes a good HEAD coach. He is good at getting all he can out of his players. Some players need built up others need to be brought down. Thats what makes a good coach, knowing what each needs. I never got to play under roger perry. I always looked forward to it but he left for portland my 8th grade year. He wound up in the hall of fame so his record speaks for itself. That being said alot of folks up here had things they didnt like about him to my understanding because some folks thought he was to serious. Well you have to be serious and alittle over the top sometimes to go to state championships. The story was, his first year coaching at westmoreland he pulled all his players off the field a couple minutes before a game ended at nashville christian over officiating. Some would call that over the top, some would call it motivation. I hear we spanked that same team a couple weeks later in the playoffs. He went onto take weatmoreland to the semis and lose to south pitt. He also went onto take portland to several state championships before retiring at mt juliet. Alot of folks felt he was to hard on players. LOL well do players want to win or do players want to just wear a jersey?! Thats the question.

You know what mr postman. I can’t believe and you probably won’t either but that paragraph right there just changed me! I mean WOW. You know your exactly right, coach Harris put a lot of time in. I can’t believe I’m saying this crap and putting my own team down. We need to lift them up. I was just very upset about everything because I want us to win. I should’ve kept my emotions to myself. I realize now that it’s not easy to be a coach. It doesn’t pay much. And you have to love football to do it. And about wearing the jersey or winning, I think you should be pretty hard on players  but seriously man don’t just sit there and tell them they don’t have a chance ya know?

13 minutes ago, Nickyhater said:

You know what mr postman. I can’t believe and you probably won’t either but that paragraph right there just changed me! I mean WOW. You know your exactly right, coach Harris put a lot of time in. I can’t believe I’m saying this crap and putting my own team down. We need to lift them up. I was just very upset about everything because I want us to win. I should’ve kept my emotions to myself. I realize now that it’s not easy to be a coach. It doesn’t pay much. And you have to love football to do it. And about wearing the jersey or winning, I think you should be pretty hard on players  but seriously man don’t just sit there and tell them they don’t have a chance ya know?

No apology required. I like people that dont like losing. Especially if they are on my team!

Edited by Mr. Postman1