Marion County vs Westmoreland

MarionMadness

7 hours ago, RTD said:

Not so fast right now at TC the stands haven’t been full at a playoff last Friday with great tradition comes great expectations so like a 7-3 season is considered a down year fans can be fair weather fans but it takes winning to fill the stands up it’s a catch 22 either it’s a gold ball or bust 

I’m a TC homer but our fans need to wake up. Lived here all my life and we do have great tradition but people tend to forget we have had bad years record wise especially in Clint’s early years. A 7-3 year and going undefeated in your region is not a down year. A 1-9 and 2-8 is. We experienced that through a stretch in the 80’s where we did not go to the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, Volstate said:

I’m a TC homer but our fans need to wake up. Lived here all my life and we do have great tradition but people tend to forget we have had bad years record wise especially in Clint’s early years. A 7-3 year and going undefeated in your region is not a down year. A 1-9 and 2-8 is. We experienced that through a stretch in the 80’s where we did not go to the playoffs. 

That’s the problem they expect nothing less than a undefeated season or maybe 9- 1 season but those days will back next year but after going to playoffs for 25 straight years a region title doesn’t mean that much of it doesn’t come with a gold ball to most people that’s only thing that matters but they still need to show up tonight I know it’s going to be cold but so what the biggest problem is that the students don’t show up to the game when I was a student at TC back in early 2000 iit was the place to be and it was always fun to mess around with the other team doing kickoffs and warm ups but I guess all that has changed 

14 minutes ago, RTD said:

That’s the problem they expect nothing less than a undefeated season or maybe 9- 1 season but those days will back next year but after going to playoffs for 25 straight years a region title doesn’t mean that much of it doesn’t come with a gold ball to most people that’s only thing that matters but they still need to show up tonight I know it’s going to be cold but so what the biggest problem is that the students don’t show up to the game when I was a student at TC back in early 2000 iit was the place to be and it was always fun to mess around with the other team doing kickoffs and warm ups but I guess all that has changed 

Kids now days don’t leave the house. Video games, music, and computers have changed all that lol

I don’t buy that excuse for fans not showing up. Heck, we have had plenty more seasons that we weren’t 9-1. There has been a drop off even at youth level. Parents aren’t involved now days with their kids. Did you know we haven’t had more than one playoff game at The Creek Bank since 2013? Until this year. So winning the Region is a big deal. No it’s not a gold ball which is always the goal here. But winning the Region does guarantee home playoff games. Look forward to some Creek Bank magic tonight 

Edited by Volstate

14 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Kids now days don’t leave the house. Video games, music, and computers have changed all that lol

I don’t buy that excuse for fans not showing up. Heck, we have had plenty more seasons that we weren’t 9-1. There has been a drop off even at youth level. Parents aren’t involved now days with their kids. Did you know we haven’t had more than one playoff game at The Creek Bank since 2013? Until this year. So winning the Region is a big deal. No it’s not a gold ball which is always the goal here. But winning the Region does guarantee home playoff games. Look forward to some Creek Bank magic tonight 

I feel the same way I coach my daughter tee ball team and some parents bring their kids drop them off and leave it is different now but still they should take pride in their town and with such a legendary football program and I’m excited about tonight hope it’s a good game but not to good lol