2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I haven't heard that about Upton. Westview you wouldn't see until the glass house.

Correct. If lady cubs do play creekwood than the winner would be in state championship tournament. You don't know who you play there until they draw teams. Alot of ifs though. Still got East and possible Pearl to get past.

19 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

(All classifications) South Greene is better than Fulton?

Fulton is not Upper East Tn,  but yes South Greene is Better than Fulton.  Their loses this year have been to Morristown West (3 points and 2 points) . A 9 point loss to Bradly Central, and loss to out of state team in West Clermont OH.

21 hours ago, BearcatDad said:

Does anyone know if Kaia Upton is healthy at East Nashville?  She messed up her knee last year, came back this year, but I heard earlier in the week she broke her leg.  I haven't seen East play this year.  As far as the favorites in AA, looking at the tourney bracket...once again, if Cheatham can get past district 10, our road isn't quite as tough as some.  Creekwood, more than likely, would be our sectional team out of that region.  I know they have improved, but we got them by 25 earlier this year.  If we get to there, looks like a Westview matchup would be next.  That would be a game to see.

I'm almost certain Kia Upton is healthy. I watched her against Maplewood last Friday. 9AA can never match up with 10AA athletic ability. District 10AA is the toughest district in AATop 4 teams have D1 with  basketball players, size, and abilities to defend multiple positions.  Maplewood is the team to watch post season and of course East and Pearl.

Edited by ballinup90

On 2/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, Dimonddad said:

Look we get it it's your kid congratulations very proud of her for 2000th point but she was going to play Saturday she could have got it then not up by 60 still playing in the fourth quarter zero class should have stayed up a classification if you wanted respect

Do you really think they had a choice in classification? Really?  You obviously have no idea how it is all broken down. I am sure they would prefer you keep your respect and enjoy your off season.

17 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

Sorry, I meant Oak Ridge! Do you think South Greene can beat them since they're the "best team" in Upper East TN? Whatever that means....

I think you might want to go back and read the original post.  The post stated they were ONE of the best overall teams in Upper East Tn not "The Best".  Do I think they Can beat Oak Ridge Yes I do, Doesn't mean they would and doesn't mean they wouldn't.  It would be a good game sorta like the Morristown West Match Ups (Morristown West is ranked #1 Girl team by the Knoxville Newspaper and Oak Ridge #3.  Have you even see South Greene play?  I have seen both Oak Ridge and South Greene Play

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

Sorry, I meant Oak Ridge! Do you think South Greene can beat them since they're the "best team" in Upper East TN? Whatever that means....

South Greene played Oak Ridge last year and lost. SG played Morristown West very competitively this year, but lost twice to them.

Absent drawing a line on the map, my geographic opinion is that the "Upper" begins at Rogersville and Greeneville and continues east. But, if you look at the District, Morristown is District 1—the same as Science Hill and Daniel Boone, both of whom are in Upper East Tennessee.

A more accurate way of ranking South Greene would be to put them as the best AA team in Districts 1 & 2.

As a fan, I'm happy for SG that they don't have to play either MW or OR in the state tournament.

BTW, I enjoy watching all three, well-coached, teams. Good luck to all three!

My quote: "One of the best" also I mentioned all classifications which I stand by geographically as explained by others. WE are not in Murfreesboro. The thread is referencing TOP AA teams which I stand by as well. ALL of the other teams mentioned in this geography are AAA and having seen SG play West the way they always do, having seen Boone, OR, SH, DB and all the other AAA teams, I can say SG would be very competitive in AAA in the upper East TN Area. I agree on OR for the Knoxville area and West as the better AAA teams mentioned in this thread. We are blessed with several good teams to watch.