Round 2: Elizabethton (9-2) @ Anderson Co. (11-0)

EHSTrack06

12 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Oh no we are in trouble again! That's why they call us Mavericks; a Maverick is always in trouble. LOL :) Devilman I knew you would have a negative reaction. Fuel for your fire. LOL :) yeah we will definitely need to speed up and lock up defense this week. Betsy is playing there best. Our big thing is to not let anyone outside the designated perimeters and collapse the QB and get those hands up to block passes fundamentals etc. And we will why....Because we have the talent and staff to execute! It's definitely going to be 4 quarters of play. Our running game should be the difference overall for our success.

Don’t confuse a horrible Grainger defense with other teams. Never mind yes just do that. I look for you to abandon the T after the game Friday. Betsy wins 49-14 

And remember just because Greeneville ran on Betsy doesn’t mean Ac will. The cows are definitely not on Greenevilles level. 

Edited by DevilMan03

8 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Don’t confuse a horrible Grainger defense with other teams. Never mind yes just do that. I look for you to abandon the T after the game Friday. Betsy wins 49-14 

And remember just because Greeneville ran on Betsy doesn’t mean Ac will. The cows are definitely not on Greenevilles level. 

Ok Devilman when do you think we only get our lonely 14 points. Do we get them the first half or 2nd half. Which half will Betsy shut the Mavericks out?

Betsy 49 AC 21 AC will not be able to stop Elizabethton's running game i don't believe. Betsy has some speed at the RB position and will get the Russel kid the ball in alot of different ways in space and once he gets outside he is hard to tackle 1 on 1 in space. Also i think AC will become on dimensional because Elizabethton is going to sale out to stop one or the other in their game with greeneville they sold out to stop Greeneville from passing deep on them and Greeneville still had a tough time really running the ball on the. now I may be wrong but i really just dont see AC pulling off the "upset" even though they are at home. 

17 hours ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

Just saying he should have put 1 team...lol

i actually had a team picture on there too, but decided on just going with the number of players on offense and defense...in hindsight you're probably right but in that case, i should have put the fans  the turnovers, the chain gang and the band and cheerleaders...i made  my point dangit...lol

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

The Young Maverick Bulls are getting restless LOL :)

man you sure are giving me something to work with here Maverick, but im going to be an adult here and pass on this great opportunity to launch a shot at these 2 fine bovine......devilman on the other hand, probably wont be so kind....LOL

10 hours ago, Mav4life said:

The speed of AC worries me going forward, if we play like we did Friday on the Defensive side of the ball we are in trouble and will need to score 50 and that may still not be enough.  Its not like Grainger just drove down the field on us 3 and 4 yards at a time and we just couldn't stop them, the first drive was like 4 plays and 75 yards and their was one drive that was 1 play for 90.  Our defense kept closing in and Grainger would press the line of scrimmage and then flow to the outside and we didn't have the speed to make up for it early.  We had a good run of about a quarter and a half where the defense finally started stopping that and then Grainger ran right at us and we couldn't stop it and couldn't catch up when they broke one, that worries me.  We are going to have to be disciplined on Defense if we are going to have a shot Friday night.  I was concerned with the fact that Grainger was able to convert on every single 2 point conversion, Grainger was able to keep up with scoring and gain just due to the 2 point conversions.   Not saying we wont be, but we HAVE to be mistake free because we do not have the team speed to make up for mistakes.  We have to be the total package if we are going to go very far and right now it looks like our only chance is to outscore teams, that is not going to last long.  I think this team can do great things and hope they will, but as of now they look vulnerable on Kick Coverage and on the back end of the defense and I think that is mostly due to team speed.  I think AC pulls out a nail biter Friday night in a fairly high scoring game but will not be shocked if Elizabethton pulls out the W. Cheering for the Mavs and hope they come out with a good game plan and execute.

AC 42

Elizabethton 41

if Betsy does what i think they are going to do, AC wont sniff 40.....that said, even though i think Betsy will have some success with their game plan, provided its the one im thinking of,  I still think they will have to put alot points on the board just to be safe

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

if Betsy does what i think they are going to do, AC wont sniff 40.....that said, even though i think Betsy will have some success with their game plan, provided its the one im thinking of,  I still think they will have to put alot points on the board just to be safe

I was surprised seeing how they stopped Greeneville office first half. I'm sure we will see that same defense.

4 hours ago, BVDevil said:

man you sure are giving me something to work with here Maverick, but im going to be an adult here and pass on this great opportunity to launch a shot at these 2 fine bovine......devilman on the other hand, probably wont be so kind....LOL

I'll say it. I see it was bring your girlfriend to the game night last Friday at Anderson County.