South Pittsburg vs Joe Burns (Grider against this Adkins man)

Roy Dillard

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Quarterback club has the  Under Armour Desert Khaki Chino Relaxed Cap.  Logo on front.  I got one a couple weeks back.  $25

Under Armour Desert Khaki Chino Relaxed Cap

Good looking hat but I love the solid black hat with the power p on front. Also my condolences to the Drunken Sailor for your families loss. Hootie was a great guy and a loyal Pirate. Prayers for you all. 

6 minutes ago, MOTO24 said:

Has any SP folks watch film on JB?  I'm curious what you think.  Any particular players that stand out to you?  I know we've got an uphill battle for sure.  For the JB offense, it's going to be hard for us to run the ball.  I do think JB could have some success throwing the ball if we can execute the plays.  On defense...well we'll just have to wait and see.  I don't remember us facing a double wing team this year so I'm not sure how good we can defend it.  Kelley will certainly have success against us.  He'll run by and through some arm tackles so our guys better be ready when he gets the ball.  It's going to be all hands on deck and we better bring it on defense or it could get ugly.

I've watched some I don't recall any specific numbers but I think JB has some good skill players. Honestly if SP plays like they should it will probably be over quick. I think JB will have a very hard time stopping 22 ,9,7,5. Sp looks to have a much better line on both sides of the ball. Sp defense will be the best y'all have faced all year but y'all have some athletes and if you get the passing game going you may have some succes

Moto I have not seen a lot of JB. I do know that this will be by far the most physical game they have been a part of this year. Raulston (9) is a huge load. Sawyer (22) is one of the harder running backs we have had, and there will be a few young speedsters in Tipton (7), Whisnant (6), and Hubbard (5) all sophomores and freshman. This will not be the same style team you seen in 10. This is a more physical gritty type of team, and makes for some good football if you appreciate watching guys lower their shoulder and get nasty. I'm sure we will continue to work on our passing game, because we will need to be a bit less one dementional after this week. But I would expect to see a lot of ground and pound as well. 

7 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Moto I have not seen a lot of JB. I do know that this will be by far the most physical game they have been a part of this year. Raulston (9) is a huge load. Sawyer (22) is one of the harder running backs we have had, and there will be a few young speedsters in Tipton (7), Whisnant (6), and Hubbard (5) all sophomores and freshman. This will not be the same style team you seen in 10. This is a more physical gritty type of team, and makes for some good football if you appreciate watching guys lower their shoulder and get nasty. I'm sure we will continue to work on our passing game, because we will need to be a bit less one dementional after this week. But I would expect to see a lot of ground and pound as well. 

Yeah Raulston is a big ol' boy!  We'll definitely have to respect the FB wedge and trap plays and the play action pass off of him.  The biggest concern though is #22.  The younger wings are good but not on #22's level yet.  We just can't let ourselves get outnumbered and then we have to make the tackles when we get the chance.  It's going to be tough for JB!

37 minutes ago, sportman said:

Good looking hat but I love the solid black hat with the power p on front. Also my condolences to the Drunken Sailor for your families loss. Hootie was a great guy and a loyal Pirate. Prayers for you all. 

Thanks sportman, he loved the Orange and Black with all his heart. He told me Thursday, when he knew he couldn't go to the Monterey game that he had missed more games this season than the previous 15 combined.

Thanks to all though for the thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MOTO24 said:

Yeah Raulston is a big ol' boy!  We'll definitely have to respect the FB wedge and trap plays and the play action pass off of him.  The biggest concern though is #22.  The younger wings are good but not on #22's level yet.  We just can't let ourselves get outnumbered and then we have to make the tackles when we get the chance.  It's going to be tough for JB!

I agree. Tipton will be a factor as well. He always gets his share of meaningful plays. Have a safe trip my friend. Hope you enjoy the Pitt.

1 minute ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Thanks sportman, he loved the Orange and Black with all his heart. He told me Thursday, when he knew he couldn't go to the Monterey game that he had missed more games this season than the previous 15 combined.

Thanks to all though for the thoughts and prayers.

There may be more but this is now three loyal Pirate faithful that have passed this year. In fact in the last 3 months. I appreciate all you do. 

13 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

Do y’all sell Roy Dillard merchandise?  I’d buy something if you did.  You think I’m joking but I’m not.

If I can get powerp to get Roy's,Murphy book,I'll give it to you,no charge. BTW,what time are you expecting to get to the game?  We have to walk by yall's dressing room as we come into the gate.