Quarterfinals Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

This thread is dead!!! A rivalry like this should have this thread a booming. Where are all the coalfield faithful been hiding this year, can't hardly get a word out of any of them!! Looks like us greenback fellers will have to debate with each other lol!! 

There hasn't been too many Greenback posters either.   Where is OnB?  I believe the Coalfield faithful are just worried and don't wanna add no fuel to the fire.  You guys are the clear favorite.  Correct me if I'm wrong but we have only lost one time at Cooper field in the playoffs.  The Cherokeen might be able to correct me on that if I'm wrong. I didn't make this game last year and we lost and we have won every game I've made in the playoffs at Cooper field.  I'm a bit superstitious so I'm going to definitely try to make this one this year.

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

There hasn't been too many Greenback posters either.   Where is OnB?  I believe the Coalfield faithful are just worried and don't wanna add no fuel to the fire.  You guys are the clear favorite.  Correct me if I'm wrong but we have only lost one time at Cooper field in the playoffs.  The Cherokeen might be able to correct me on that if I'm wrong. I didn't make this game last year and we lost and we have won every game I've made in the playoffs at Cooper field.  I'm a bit superstitious so I'm going to definitely try to make this one this year.

I would say o&b will be popping up before long unless he got lost in Florida lo!! If you get to come this Friday give us a holler and we will try to meet up. Looking forward to a dog fight come Friday night! Coalfield is healthy so I would say that you all are the favorite in this one, maybe we will make a game of it!!

6 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Our playoff record against you guys isn't too good...2-6, but the regular season is a different story...25-8.  Those 2 times was last year of course and 1987(Can't recall 2nd round location) 46-7

5 hours ago, Gbnation said:

I would say o&b will be popping up before long unless he got lost in Florida lo!! If you get to come this Friday give us a holler and we will try to meet up. Looking forward to a dog fight come Friday night! Coalfield is healthy so I would say that you all are the favorite in this one, maybe we will make a game of it!!

Just reading and thinking a little before i post my thoughts. I'm not real confident in this game the first game Parker was about 60% and didn't play any defense I picked us to lose that game by 21 points.At one time we were down by 20 and then it looked like Coalfield had just went dead like they were wore out there lineman were tired they couldn't move I think that comes from playing the schedule that they had played so far and they hadn't played many second-half games .I think that played into the factor and Greenback come out the second half and just started running it right at them and it looked like we wore them down now that being said without Parker on defense he's a big deal he's got 8 or 10 interceptions on the year and hasn't played half the year on defense because of his injury,and the reason I had picked Greenback to lose that first game by 21 is coalfield being at home is worth at least seven points and I think Parker McKinney's worth at least 14 on his own,7 on offense and seven on defense with us being at home I think we get the seven points but then again I'm still going with Coalfield by 14 a team that returns that many kids there's no way in the world they should be beat in the playoffs in my opinion a 1A team that returns that many kids and a lot of them are seniors should dominate these other teams around our area.Now next year should be a different animal and Greenback should be in that light. I do think we have the capabilities of winning but I think coalfield will come out with a chip on their shoulder because they got embarrassed the first game I know coach Henry was very upset after that first game he just looked like he was in a different world.so I think he's probably been working on getting his kids in shape and getting ready to play at 4 quarter game and if they play 4 quarters they should beat us not saying they will and I hope they don't but with the team they have they should win this ball game. And I apologize if I make some of our people upset but it is what it is Coalfield has a lot of good players over there and if they're all in tune and ready to go they should win this ball game.

I will add this if Greenback comes out and wins this game game they will make it to Cookeville and they will give whoever is there a game.This coalfield team is really good if we dominate them or even just win I do think that we will make it to Cookeville and we will give whoever is there a ball game! It is extremely hard to beat a good team twice especially a team loaded with seniors!!

Edited by orngnblk