Quarterfinals Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Just reading and thinking a little before i post my thoughts. I'm not real confident in this game the first game Parker was about 60% and didn't play any defense I picked us to lose that game by 21 points.At one time we were down by 20 and then it looked like Coalfield had just went dead like they were wore out there lineman were tired they couldn't move I think that comes from playing the schedule that they had played so far and they hadn't played many second-half games .I think that played into the factor and Greenback come out the second half and just started running it right at them and it looked like we wore them down now that being said without Parker on defense he's a big deal he's got 8 or 10 interceptions on the year and hasn't played half the year on defense because of his injury,and the reason I had picked Greenback to lose that first game by 21 is coalfield being at home is worth at least seven points and I think Parker McKinney's worth at least 14 on his own,7 on offense and seven on defense with us being at home I think we get the seven points but then again I'm still going with Coalfield by 14 a team that returns that many kids there's no way in the world they should be beat in the playoffs in my opinion a 1A team that returns that many kids and a lot of them are seniors should dominate these other teams around our area.Now next year should be a different animal and Greenback should be in that light. I do think we have the capabilities of winning but I think coalfield will come out with a chip on their shoulder because they got embarrassed the first game I know coach Henry was very upset after that first game he just looked like he was in a different world.so I think he's probably been working on getting his kids in shape and getting ready to play at 4 quarter game and if they play 4 quarters they should beat us not saying they will and I hope they don't but with the team they have they should win this ball game. And I apologize if I make some of our people upset but it is what it is Coalfield has a lot of good players over there and if they're all in tune and ready to go they should win this ball game.

I will add this if Greenback comes out and wins this game game they will make it to Cookeville and they will give whoever is there a game.This coalfield team is really good if we dominate them or even just win I do think that we will make it to Cookeville and we will give whoever is there a ball game! It is extremely hard to beat a good team twice especially a team loaded with seniors!!

If Greenback plays physical football ( fullback gets 20 plus carries, even if he's taking direct snaps) , controls clock, keeps McKinney playing defense a lot more snaps than he does on offense,GB wins a close one in the 4th.

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Just reading and thinking a little before i post my thoughts. I'm not real confident in this game the first game Parker was about 60% and didn't play any defense I picked us to lose that game by 21 points.At one time we were down by 20 and then it looked like Coalfield had just went dead like they were wore out there lineman were tired they couldn't move I think that comes from playing the schedule that they had played so far and they hadn't played many second-half games .I think that played into the factor and Greenback come out the second half and just started running it right at them and it looked like we wore them down now that being said without Parker on defense he's a big deal he's got 8 or 10 interceptions on the year and hasn't played half the year on defense because of his injury,and the reason I had picked Greenback to lose that first game by 21 is coalfield being at home is worth at least seven points and I think Parker McKinney's worth at least 14 on his own,7 on offense and seven on defense with us being at home I think we get the seven points but then again I'm still going with Coalfield by 14 a team that returns that many kids there's no way in the world they should be beat in the playoffs in my opinion a 1A team that returns that many kids and a lot of them are seniors should dominate these other teams around our area.Now next year should be a different animal and Greenback should be in that light. I do think we have the capabilities of winning but I think coalfield will come out with a chip on their shoulder because they got embarrassed the first game I know coach Henry was very upset after that first game he just looked like he was in a different world.so I think he's probably been working on getting his kids in shape and getting ready to play at 4 quarter game and if they play 4 quarters they should beat us not saying they will and I hope they don't but with the team they have they should win this ball game. And I apologize if I make some of our people upset but it is what it is Coalfield has a lot of good players over there and if they're all in tune and ready to go they should win this ball game.

I will add this if Greenback comes out and wins this game game they will make it to Cookeville and they will give whoever is there a game.This coalfield team is really good if we dominate them or even just win I do think that we will make it to Cookeville and we will give whoever is there a ball game! It is extremely hard to beat a good team twice especially a team loaded with seniors!!

Good post.  I hope you are correct.  My son is one of the 37 seniors :lol:, and of course I want him and his team to go all the way to Cookeville. Having Parker 100% will be a difference maker. I am glad our team is healthy for this matchup.  Hopefully, our conditioning is ready for 4 hard fought quarters.     Greenback is an awesome team with talented athletes and  are well coached, so we will have to be firing on all cylinders to win.    The Cherokees can stamp their card to the semis next year and likely to Cookeville.  So, I am hoping this is the Jackets year!   Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night at Cooper field.  

I think the question for this game is which player has the biggest game...Mckinney or Gilbert? In 1A, one outstanding player can often just shred defenses because of a limited #s of athletes.

So, if Mckinney plays great, and Gilbert is stymied to a degree, CF will  win. If Gilbert rushes for big #s and Mckinney is just pretty decent, then GB  wins. I'll take CF 36 - 30. 

I'm not picking against Coalfield. I have said since last year they should go to Cookeville. They have absolutely zero excuses to not be the representative from the east. When you have that many seniors on a 1A team it's very hard to beat you. Greenback will be in the same role next season. 2018 is the year of Greenback again. They should mercy rule everyone until the semifinals next season. They should be in Cookeville... but back to this season. I think Coalfield will get the win this time. I like all my Greenback buddies, but as you know I just call it like I see it. Even when I'm talking about my Pirates. Whoever wins this game should be in Cookeville. Whitwell has a solid team. SP has a solid team, but it's not like the ones you boys may have seen several years ago. Coalfield wins tomorrow night by 14. This is their last chance to go to Cookeville for awhile and their coaches know it. Opportunities like this one with all of those quality seniors don't happen often in 1A. They better seize the opportunity. However if it's close in the fourth quarter tomorrow night then Greenback could pull the trick again. 

Edited by TheAmbassador
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Some of our folk were annoyed by coach H having his starters in so late in the game up here.  I said,  guys, he is not trying to run it up, he's got to get his boys ready for GB.  They have to have the reps to hold up next week.

9 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Some of our folk were annoyed by coach H having his starters in so late in the game up here.  I said,  guys, he is not trying to run it up, he's got to get his boys ready for GB.  They have to have the reps to hold up next week.

Some people just don't understand or care. We got really tired the second half of our first meeting with Whitwell. Looking back.. SP had several games in a row where starters only played a half. I think that can make a difference as well. Coaches have to keep kids in shape this late in the season. 

• Like 1

I think the Cherokees win this one for several reasons. #1 We are better than they are, I don't care if they have 70 seniors our juniors are better. Coalfield is better at 1 position and that is at QB but Parker is not miles ahead of Bryce. We have better receivers with Willis leading the pack. Our backs are better especially Breeden who is one of the best in the state. And our lines match up well I would take a couple of their lineman and I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a couple of ours. Defensively we match up well I will take our speed on the backend against their receivers all day. Special teams goes to Greenback just because Coalfields special teams are a special kind of awful. And lastly our coaching staff is miles ahead of Henry and his posse . So it boils down to can Parker McKinney beat us by himself????? Yes he is capable of it but its not going to happen this time. These Greenback boys are winners and they always have been since they were crickets, hoppers, cutters and juniors and now in high school. Greenback Cherokees by 21

23 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I think the Cherokees win this one for several reasons. #1 We are better than they are, I don't care if they have 70 seniors our juniors are better. Coalfield is better at 1 position and that is at QB but Parker is not miles ahead of Bryce. We have better receivers with Willis leading the pack. Our backs are better especially Breeden who is one of the best in the state. And our lines match up well I would take a couple of their lineman and I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a couple of ours. Defensively we match up well I will take our speed on the backend against their receivers all day. Special teams goes to Greenback just because Coalfields special teams are a special kind of awful. And lastly our coaching staff is miles ahead of Henry and his posse . So it boils down to can Parker McKinney beat us by himself????? Yes he is capable of it but its not going to happen this time. These Greenback boys are winners and they always have been since they were crickets, hoppers, cutters and juniors and now in high school. Greenback Cherokees by 21

You have alot of good points a i agree with alot of them.If we played 4 quarters like we did the last 2 then its a no brainer.But we play one or the other and that wont get it done.I also think our staff is better and these kids have won all their lives and i hope they have about three more in them this year.Parker is the key period!If we let him do what he does we lose.We have been pretty balanced all year and HAVE TO BE fri,they will key on the run.

43 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I can agree somewhat on the coaching, and certainly at RB, that's obvious...the lines are close as well.  But no way at QB or at receiver... GB is solid at QB, but it's still a big gap at QB. GB has a good young WR as you said, but the Jones kid is a major playmaker for CF.... really, really good.  He's the 2nd or 3rd best player on the roster and they have a couple other solid players at WR as well. As a group with the QB, major, major edge to CF in the passing game. Can GB make it up that gap at RB?.... very possible... the decision on which line is better will be made Friday night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

One of the better posts on game. I agree with most but think the game a bit closer. GB by 8