Quarterfinals Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

56 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

He's young, I agree, he's got alot to learn. He does need to work on his attitude.

Nothing that a belt wouldn't take care of and we have some as well that could use it also!! Who in the world runs around with there hands on there shoulders the way our boys does dumbest thing that I have ever seen!! 

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

I agree, he was holding on to the players Jersey on that one play when he was trying to get up. He has sorta of done stuff like that all year. Hope I don't ruffle some CF fans but you are correct.

No one will get their feathers ruffled, you and C23 are correct and everyone knows it. I heard they've seen it for years. It is who he is and always has been....unfortunately, He has some decent ability, but will hurt the team at any moment with no regard for the team.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Knox paper has area top performers in quarters.Three Coalfield kids were in the article and Gilbert wasnt even mentioned!Crazy!!

Nothing new with the Knox rag snubbing GB.

Nice win and fun game to watch.

Tell me , weren't you a bit concerned at GB's lack of a pass rush ? Not looking for fault in a 3 td win but CF's QB had all the mobility of the tin man before he got oiled and we couldn't get to him. On several plays he had time for a smoke break in the pocket and he threw some pretty good balls. I saw at least 4 that should have been caught, I am certain GB's receivers would have caught at least 3 of them and scored. Had CF's guys been able to catch them, we have a basketball score and he who has the ball last wins.

4 minutes ago, maj said:

Nothing new with the Knox rag snubbing GB.

Nice win and fun game to watch.

Tell me , weren't you a bit concerned at GB's lack of a pass rush ? Not looking for fault in a 3 td win but CF's QB had all the mobility of the tin man before he got oiled and we couldn't get to him. On several plays he had time for a smoke break in the pocket and he threw some pretty good balls. I saw at least 4 that should have been caught, I am certain GB's receivers would have caught at least 3 of them and scored. Had CF's guys been able to catch them, we have a basketball score and he who has the ball last wins.

You know me i love agressive fronts but i knew we were playing lanes to keep him from running and wouldnt be rushing him as much,It worked but im old school i like to have the QB on his butt.

CF was a terrible conditioned team but their front is very big and move pretty good so its hard to get to the QB.We wont see another line that BIG,maybe better but not that big.

Edited by orngnblk

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You know me i love agressive fronts but i knew we were playing lanes to keep him from running and wouldnt be rushing him as much,It worked but im old school i like to have the QB on his butt.

CF was a terrible conditioned team but their front is very big and move pretty good so its hard to get to the QB.We wont see another line that BIG,maybe better but not that big.

There was a lot of beef on the o-line for CF. The guarding against a QB run makes some sense though by mid game it looked pretty obvious he wasn't running anywhere. No matter, GB took care of business and on to the next round.  Again- nice win, fun game for the home fans on what could have been the last great weather night of the year

3 minutes ago, maj said:

There was a lot of beef on the o-line for CF. The guarding against a QB run makes some sense though by mid game it looked pretty obvious he wasn't running anywhere. No matter, GB took care of business and on to the next round.  Again- nice win, fun game for the home fans on what could have been the last great weather night of the year

Greenback has proven to be a well coached team the pass three years SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO COACHES and that was evident again last  night.We out coached them twice this season.Next week will be a different story South Pitt has an excellent staff and will be prepared!

31 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback has proven to be a well coached team the pass three years SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO COACHES and that was evident again last  night.We out coached them twice this season.Next week will be a different story South Pitt has an excellent staff and will be prepared!

I don't think it was coaching as much as it was the injury that effected the outcome. We moved the ball with ease till Parker got hurt. He is our best runner and also the injury effected his passes as you could tell.