Quarterfinals Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

34 minutes ago, rtl112 said:
1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback has proven to be a well coached team the pass three years SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO COACHES and that was evident again last  night.We out coached them twice this season.Next week will be a different story South Pitt has an excellent staff and will be prepared!

I don't think it was coaching as much as it was the injury that effected the outcome. We moved the ball with ease till Parker got hurt. He is our best runner and also the injury effected his passes as you could tell.

I agree coaching didn't have anything to do with it unless greenback coached to twist Parker's ankle. If he doesn't get hurt coalfield is still scoring tds today. And also probably has a pick or two on defense. He threw for over 300 yards in sure and if not hurt would have probably ran for near 200. First couple series greenback had no answer for him until he got hurt. #6 is a stud and if he would have got hurt it would have the same effect on greenbacks scoring ability. 

9 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

I agree coaching didn't have anything to do with it unless greenback coached to twist Parker's ankle. If he doesn't get hurt coalfield is still scoring tds today. And also probably has a pick or two on defense. He threw for over 300 yards in sure and if not hurt would have probably ran for near 200. First couple series greenback had no answer for him until he got hurt. #6 is a stud and if he would have got hurt it would have the same effect on greenbacks scoring ability. 

If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts it always be Christmas morning.This is the thing about small schools and football injuries are part of the game.I hate he got hurt because of this reason its your whole excuse for getting beat and beat bad.Yes he would have made you all better but GB showed me last night they are better than i gave them credit for.Coaching and being prepared,we were miles ahead of you.A team of your caliber shouldnt be gassed after 1 quarter!Discipline for both teams was horrible last night but some of the stuff your kids pulled doesnt belong on the football field.In turn we retaliated like thugs at times.Our coaches got a handle on it finally yours could care less it seemed #7 should be sitting for the first 3 games next year!!

Hahahaha BOOOM who wants to smoke my peace pipe now?!?!? I told you our juniors were better than their seniors. Coach Henry should be run out of town after letting that happen last night. Some of the Coalfield faithful are pretty classless, some big fat lady should have gotten arrested the way she was talking to one of the counties finest. Enough of that, on to the game If Parker wouldn't have gotten hurt I might be eating some crow today that boy was on fire before he got hurt . I was texting all my buddies and telling them we were screwed after the first couple of drives. I agree with RTL it would have been a different game if Parker wouldn't have gotten hurt..... but he did, that is why we play I guess. It sucks the Bailey got ejected that's gonna hurt next week. Overall super proud of our boys for the gut stomping they laid down! On to next week

13 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Hahahaha BOOOM who wants to smoke my peace pipe now?!?!? I told you our juniors were better than their seniors. Coach Henry should be run out of town after letting that happen last night. Some of the Coalfield faithful are pretty classless, some big fat lady should have gotten arrested the way she was talking to one of the counties finest. Enough of that, on to the game If Parker wouldn't have gotten hurt I might be eating some crow today that boy was on fire before he got hurt . I was texting all my buddies and telling them we were screwed after the first couple of drives. I agree with RTL it would have been a different game if Parker wouldn't have gotten hurt..... but he did, that is why we play I guess. It sucks the Bailey got ejected that's gonna hurt next week. Overall super proud of our boys for the gut stomping they laid down! On to next week

My hat is off!Different yes but our kids tanks were full and CF was gassed.They wouldnt have been able to stop the run.It would have been one higher scoring game!

OnB, there is no reason for losing your cool on the field especially at this point.

I'd say Parker being limited caused the wind to be taken out of CF. 

It is small town FB and this sounds like a rerun I've seen before. One stud injury can be a net 35+ points for the other team,  if that kid is dominant on both sides of the ball...If he's in, does he run and pass at will? Does he have 7+ tackles too? If so, does Gilbert still pound as much or does GB have to go to the air? IF IF IF! Fact is, GB won! Not saying GB loses with him 100%, just saying  it's closer IMO 

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback has proven to be a well coached team the pass three years SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO COACHES and that was evident again last  night.We out coached them twice this season.Next week will be a different story South Pitt has an excellent staff and will be prepared!

I agree with you on the coaching. Best GB has had in many years. Their record since taking over from the one coach who never coached a down has been outstanding.  Different eras and before my time,  while it may be premature,  I'm thinking Satterfield has a serious rival for greatest GB coach.

12 hours ago, rtl112 said:

It is plain and simple, Parker was picking you all apart on first two drives then he gets hurt and from there on Greenback captilizes on it. I believe that some of those long pass plays don't happen if Parker was healthy and playing D also. I justed hated to see it go down this way. It is what it is though and Greenback has a good ball club and advances. 

Kind of hard for Parker to cover the whole field when his coach has him trying to play lockdown corner on #23 lol! That left a lot of other GB receivers as potential targets with no safety help from McKinney. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback has proven to be a well coach team the pass three yeargamer  MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS TWO COACHES and that was evident again last  night.We out coached them twice this season.Next week will be a different story South Pitt has an excellent staff and will be prepared!

Completely agree. Coalfield should never lost that first game they were the better team even with all the injuries that night. That loss belongs to coaches only imo.  Last night can't put it all on coaches. If people are honest they have to admit Parker getting hurt completely changed everything. Greenback couldn't stop them. The big difference was greenback showed up to play in 1st quarter. With Parker in worse condition than the first game Coalfield would had to had no mistake, turnovers, or penalties. That didn't happen. When Parker got hurt if you watched their sidelines it was  chaotic. Coaches sending kids on field then calling them right back. It's like they didn't know what to do. Can't blame them but the boys fed off it. Refs differently hurt. #7 59 34 1 78 all had a stomach virus. Three of the five missed four to two days of school. They kept it on the dl because so it wouldn't be on coaches t. Hate that Coalfield lost it this way. I would rather Parker been healthy and Greenback beat Coalfield. No way Greenback can win without Gilbert. He`s Coalfield Parker.

2 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Wouldn't get on here calling out any Coalfield fans. I heard a grown man in his 30`s or 40`s cussing and calling Coalfield boys big wussy end zone by bathroom. Then a Coalfield man called him out on said saying what big tough guy he was for screaming at boys while standing behind a fence, told him he was going to see how tough he really was. That greenback man went stood somewhere else. Best thing I saw all night. Point being every school has those few that even their own fans don't want to stand by and sometimes someone will shut them up. I'll say this greenback has some of the worst adult fans for yelling and cussing at players. Refs coaches are fair game but if you are an adult you should never cuss at kids unless your prepared to meet their parents afterwards. I do think it because how they have trucks on visitors side, probably makes it easier to hear it.

46 minutes ago, Striker27 said:

Completely agree. Coalfield should never lost that first game they were the better team even with all the injuries that night. That loss belongs to coaches only imo.  Last night can't put it all on coaches. If people are honest they have to admit Parker getting hurt completely changed everything. Greenback couldn't stop them. The big difference was greenback showed up to play in 1st quarter. With Parker in worse condition than the first game Coalfield would had to had no mistake, turnovers, or penalties. That didn't happen. When Parker got hurt if you watched their sidelines it was  chaotic. Coaches sending kids on field then calling them right back. It's like they didn't know what to do. Can't blame them but the boys fed off it. Refs differently hurt. #7 59 34 1 78 all had a stomach virus. Three of the five missed four to two days of school. They kept it on the dl because so it wouldn't be on coaches t. Hate that Coalfield lost it this way. I would rather Parker been healthy and Greenback beat Coalfield. No way Greenback can win without Gilbert. He`s Coalfield Parker.

I hate to be a butt here but this entire post was one giant excuse. You got BEAT twice this year by a better team PERIOD

2 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I hate to be a butt here but this entire post was one giant excuse. You got BEAT twice this year by a better team PERIOD

Simple question. How many times in a row does that make Greenback has beaten coalfield since these coaches started?????? Imo Greg Ryan has coach Henry # and isn't going to change doesn't matter who is playing on the field. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.