#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

17 minutes ago, Space3 said:

Who you got this week osunut2?

I'm picking the Devils by a TD. This game is going to come down to a defensive stop here or there, and I think that favors Greeneville. It also doesn't hurt that they've been in this position so many times before, while AC hasn't. The Mavs have certainly earned my respect, especially after last week's performance. I'd really love to see you guys win on Friday night, but either way, it should be a great game.

And to all of the folks who have suddenly crawled out of the woodwork, just remember - To be the man, you've got to beat the man.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm picking the Devils by a TD. This game is going to come down to a defensive stop here or there, and I think that favors Greeneville. It also doesn't hurt that they've been in this position so many times before, while AC hasn't. The Mavs have certainly earned my respect, especially after last week's performance. I'd really love to see you guys win on Friday night, but either way, it should be a great game.

And to all of the folks who have suddenly crawled out of the woodwork, just remember - To be the man, you've got to beat the man.

So true osunut. Would you be surprised if it was a bigger win? 

14 hours ago, Foxman43 said:

AC is very capable of hitting the end zone. The kick coverage has been solid, but like any team, there are those few plays the other team got too much on the return. I expect special teams to be the deciding factor.

Foxman, I am a huge AC Fan, but I have to disagree with you on this one, AC has not hit the endzone in weeks on kickoffs, if they have it has only been 10-20% of the time.  And the coverage has been a weekness of AC for most the year, I would go out on a limb and say that Elizabethton averaged starting field position at around their 35-40 yard line, in fact, we were so close to letting EHS run some back early and have good starting field position that we started Sky Kicking it to try and keep that from happening and they still almost broke one.  I have been saying all year that Penalties and Kick Coverages were a big hamper on this team this year and that has shown, AC just has been that much better than anyone they have played so it has not bit them yet.  Against a team like Greenville we can not give up the field position like we have been and survive.  Heck, at one point on Friday I told the guy sitting next to me if we are going to give them the ball at the 40 every time I assume just onside it every time lol.  AC may be best served pooch kicking this Friday, we may give them the 30-35 every time, but at least it can be controlled and minimize the chance for a big return.  GO MAVS!!!

4 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

Foxman, I am a huge AC Fan, but I have to disagree with you on this one, AC has not hit the endzone in weeks on kickoffs, if they have it has only been 10-20% of the time.  And the coverage has been a weekness of AC for most the year, I would go out on a limb and say that Elizabethton averaged starting field position at around their 35-40 yard line, in fact, we were so close to letting EHS run some back early and have good starting field position that we started Sky Kicking it to try and keep that from happening and they still almost broke one.  I have been saying all year that Penalties and Kick Coverages were a big hamper on this team this year and that has shown, AC just has been that much better than anyone they have played so it has not bit them yet.  Against a team like Greenville we can not give up the field position like we have been and survive.  Heck, at one point on Friday I told the guy sitting next to me if we are going to give them the ball at the 40 every time I assume just onside it every time lol.  AC may be best served pooch kicking this Friday, we may give them the 30-35 every time, but at least it can be controlled and minimize the chance for a big return.  GO MAVS!!!

Greenevilles is very good on kick returns. If you don’t kick it in the endzone Greeneville can make you pay. Just ask Betsy on that one. It’s nothing for them to take them to the house or get starting field position in opponet territory. Greeneville is fast, very fast. 

Edited by DevilMan03

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Not at all. I wouldn't be shocked to see Greeneville win by 2-3 TDs. I will be shocked if AC won by that margin though.

Don’t worry I wouldn’t count on the ac part. I honestly believe Greeneville will be in acs head before the game. Mental mistakes will be huge in this game for ac. 

Just now, formerblazer said:

I think Greeneville will win, but this is the state championship game.  Either one should roll the following two weeks.  I think it'll be closer than some think or some boast, but Greeneville should come out on top.

I’m gonna disagree with you blazer. I believe the championship game is gonna be a hard one. Haywood is looking like a very good team. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, formerblazer said:

I think Greeneville will win, but this is the state championship game.  Either one should roll the following two weeks.  I think it'll be closer than some think or some boast, but Greeneville should come out on top.

Haywood is a very dangerous team, as is Marshall County (to a lesser degree). I think a Haywood-Greeneville title game would be awesome to watch.