Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

4 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Tyner came to our house and beat us in the regular season and won the region championship. You guys are on a 9 game win streak and playing at home. We are a .500 ball team. Doesn't matter what teams did the previous 3 years it's all about the kids playing now. Don't let some of these SP fans fool you into thinking your the 'dog. We all saw on the news after the Watertown game that Tyner wanted it to be us they played. They said they beat us once and they can correct some mistakes they made in the reg season and beat us again. We just hope we dont get blown out and keep it respectable.

On several threads in this forum it has been stated many times how many years in a row MC has been to the final. It does matter "what teams did the previous years" but only when you are trying to make a point about Cookeville! Just as I told another MC fan last week, it doesn't matter who we play or where we play. The "RAMS" will not be fooled about the regular season win! We remember what Boyd B was saying after they blew us out in 2015. We played them on their field and won (after everybody in Chattanooga and surrounding areas predicted them to play against MC that year!!) 

We will proudly wear the tag of underdog because we know the media will "anoint" MC the favorite to win!!

3 hours ago, Justmy2cents said:

Tyner is a #1 seed, MC is a #2 seed how does that make you a underdog. You were picked earlier in the season to win the region and you did, looks to me,  we are the underdog and rightfully so.

Doesn't matter what was said in the preseason. When it came time to pick the winner(that day) MC was the favorite. MC defeated the #1 Region 4, TC,  and Tyner beat the #2 seed, Watertown. You do agree that TC has a much better known team don't you?? This doesn't qualify as underdog status in my opinion!!

18 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

On several threads in this forum it has been stated many times how many years in a row MC has been to the final. It does matter "what teams did the previous years" but only when you are trying to make a point about Cookeville! Just as I told another MC fan last week, it doesn't matter who we play or where we play. The "RAMS" will not be fooled about the regular season win! We remember what Boyd B was saying after they blew us out in 2015. We played them on their field and won (after everybody in Chattanooga and surrounding areas predicted them to play against MC that year!!) 

We will proudly wear the tag of underdog because we know the media will "anoint" MC the favorite to win!!

The "Chattanooga Media?" LOL 

25 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Doesn't matter what was said in the preseason. When it came time to pick the winner(that day) MC was the favorite. MC defeated the #1 Region 4, TC,  and Tyner beat the #2 seed, Watertown. You do agree that TC has a much better known team don't you?? This doesn't qualify as underdog status in my opinion!!

I agree Trousdale County is Trousdale County and the Tyner Rams won the region and there are ranked higher than we are that's all I need to know we are the underdog

43 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

I agree Trousdale County is Trousdale County and the Tyner Rams won the region and there are ranked higher than we are that's all I need to know we are the underdog

Really doesn't matter at this point in time. It will all come down to blocking, tackling, coaching(play calling), and heart ❤!! 

Go "RAMS"!!

• Like 1

Well well well. Guess who is in the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season. That's right our own Marion County Warriors. I have been trying to tell everyone all season to keep faith in our coaches and our team. Coach Mathis is the best around come playoff time. He knows how to lead us to victory. Everyone was being hateful toward him because he did not let our best player carry the ball a whole lot. Guess why? He has been saving him for the playoffs. No one would believe me when I told you what was happening. Coach Mathis has run some new plays that he saved all season long. This stuff helps when you can do those things. This is what a great coach does. He saves his players and his best plays for the playoffs. That is the most important. Our defense is also improving. We made Trousdale fumble and throw interceptions last week. Coach Harmon was tricky with his coverages. Our inside corner backs also did a very good job of stopping the sweeps. We will defeat Tyner this time. Last time we could have beat them but made some mistakes that cost us. This time they will get a full dose of Full Metal Saylors! Marion County wins again and moves on again! It is a great day to be a warrior. 

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

On 11/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, FootballFan75 said:

I also remember last week when you said TC would beat them by 2 scores!!!

Yes, I picked Trousdale last week. They rarely lose up there.  I can't see the future youngun.  I never thought they would turn the ball over 6-7 times. It beat them.. plain and simple. Have I not said all season the winner of MC/Trousdale represents the east?