Oak Ridge Wildcats 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

Halftime scoring... Seth Caldwell 10, Thomas 8, Kesterson 5, Marcus 2, Booker 2.

This game could go either way. Both teams can take the momentum but can't hold it. I don't like Catholic's size or the way the Smith brothers are struggling. Levert will get it going.

William Blount and powell is a one point game. Bearden cruising.  Maryville looking strong.

Final... Oak Ridge  62      Catholic 41

I have to admit, the loss to Catholic in the football playoffs hurt so tonight's Wildcat win is so smooth :D

Oak Ridge will now take on Bearden Tuesday at 7:45. The Bulldogs will be a heavy favorite but as long as the guys are wearing Oak Ridge jerseys they have a good chance.

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Regrouped and kicked some Irish butt. Great D to hold them to 41.

OR looked good but much of the Irish offensive woes were due to Jancek and Sompayrac spending quality time beside the coach in foul trouble. Tough call on a monster rebound dunk with one official awarding Brock Jancek a bucket and the opportunity for a three point play and another official calling an over the back foul on him. With both those guys in foul trouble and Sompayrac leaving with an injury, the Wildcats were able to blow the game wide open. Game played out about the way I thought it would if we couldn’t knock down our 3s. Going 3-20 from 3 is going to kill chances of winning against a bad team much less a team as talented as OR.  Good luck to Coach Green and the Wildcats as they continue their season.

Proud of the Irish. Very good year considering they only had 2 returning players with significant varsity experience. I’m going to miss the LEADERSHIP and Smooth shooting stroke of Jack Sompayrac and the dominant post play and MONSTERDUNKS of Brock Jancek! These are two great kids that have represented the Irish well on the court and in the classroom. Good luck as you take your game to the next level.

Oak Ridge lost a ton of players from last season. Outside of Levert they have played and won with last years JV. Coach Geeen earned coach of the year this season. Bearden is big, talented, and entitled. It would not surprise me to see the Cats come out on top in this one. Bearden should win, but that’s why games are played.