Who wins new region 6 A

Jaychapman

2 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Gleason won 56-52 (about the same score as Huntington/Gleason score last night), but I am pretty sure you already knew the score. Summertown played poorly as well, 12 players I think, 5 in 5 out, pretty common for them very early in the season, the rotation has already been reduced like it usually does, it will probably be 8-9 man rotation. It would be like me asking what the score was when Huntington played Dresden last year in the region championship, Summertown beat Dresden last year. Can't go by last year or by a HOF game the first week of the season. If everything works out we will find out head to head this year.

I didnt know who won. Thats why I asked. I watched less than 5 minutes of film from that game and Summertown jumped out big on Gleason. I just figured they won big. Both teams look like they live and die by the 3 with not much size. Am I wrong to say last years Summertown team is better than this years? Gleason and Dresden were much better teams last yr. Jury still out on Huntingdon

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

I didnt know who won. Thats why I asked. I watched less than 5 minutes of film from that game and Summertown jumped out big on Gleason. I just figured they won big. Both teams look like they live and die by the 3 with not much size. Am I wrong to say last years Summertown team is better than this years? Gleason and Dresden were much better teams last yr. Jury still out on Huntingdon

I would say this years Summertown is better than last year, lost 1 senior, everyone else should have gotten better with experience.

3 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Gleason won 56-52 (about the same score as Huntington/Gleason score last night), but I am pretty sure you already knew the score. Summertown played poorly as well, 12 players I think, 5 in 5 out, pretty common for them very early in the season, the rotation has already been reduced like it usually does, it will probably be 8-9 man rotation. It would be like me asking what the score was when Huntington played Dresden last year in the region championship, Summertown beat Dresden last year. Can't go by last year or by a HOF game the first week of the season. If everything works out we will find out head to head this year.

3 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Gleason and Greenfield still have to come to Huntingdon after Christmas along with state power Gibson Co for a home/away series. Those are toughest games on Huntingdon schedule. Who are Summertowns big games?

Summertown's toughest games usually are AAA and AA schools. Summertown went to Gibson County and beat them in a scrimmage. They have beaten AAA Franklin County and AA Cheatham County in the last week and a half. They also play Moore County in a Christmas tourney (last years sub-state game). They  play in the Times Daily Christmas tournament in Florence, Alabama which should generate some tough matchups, just haven't seen a schedule yet. Those games and some usual tough district games will be their toughest games until regions start if everything goes their way.

Huntingdon is a strong rebounding team with a number of players between 5'10" and 6 ft. Everyone can run. Very athletic team. Not a great shooting team. We don't teach shooting technique in Fillie land. You just throw it up their anyway you want. We don't out coach you we out athlete you. Sometimes talent beats coaching we've got our fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon is a strong rebounding team with a number of players between 5'10" and 6 ft. Everyone can run. Very athletic team. Not a great shooting team. We don't teach shooting technique in Fillie land. You just throw it up their anyway you want. We don't out coach you we out athlete you. Sometimes talent beats coaching we've got our fingers crossed!

I guess that's one strategy, just hope you don't play another team that rebounds well.

Perry County's point guard scored 35 points with 13 rebounds against Riverside and had 29 points with 20 rebounds (she's  5'7) tonight even if  it was Hampshire. If the girls around her start playing well, this team will be good. But early season, coach likes to play as many as she can to get a feel of who fits better with who. She signed with Freed-Hardeman last week as well so glad she will be playing with a really good program in college.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:45 PM, PCsupporter4life said:

Perry County's point guard scored 35 points with 13 rebounds against Riverside and had 29 points with 20 rebounds (she's  5'7) tonight even if  it was Hampshire. If the girls around her start playing well, this team will be good. But early season, coach likes to play as many as she can to get a feel of who fits better with who. She signed with Freed-Hardeman last week as well so glad she will be playing with a really good program in college.

Congrats on the signing. Brooks is a joy to watch, from what I know, Brooks and Roberts will have to lead the way, the supporting cast will have to be very productive when teams are keying on those 2 players. But like I have seen before, Brooks can carry a team single handedly. Should be fun to watch.

On December 7, 2017 at 10:45 PM, PCsupporter4life said:

She the one with the white bug?