Who wins new region 6 A

Jaychapman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/3/2017 at 5:15 AM, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon is a strong rebounding team with a number of players between 5'10" and 6 ft. Everyone can run. Very athletic team. Not a great shooting team. We don't teach shooting technique in Fillie land. You just throw it up their anyway you want. We don't out coach you we out athlete you. Sometimes talent beats coaching we've got our fingers crossed!

Not sure why everyone is so down on Huntingdon's coach.  I have watched him coach for the last 20 years and he is one of the best in west tn.  Look around and be glad you have someone with some sense if you are a Huntingdon fan.  I think every fan base thinks their coach is terrible unless he wins multiple state tournaments in a row!

Fillies run away with Region 6A!  Bring on Summertown!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:55 AM, BullShark said:

Not sure why everyone is so down on Huntingdon's coach.  I have watched him coach for the last 20 years and he is one of the best in west tn.  Look around and be glad you have someone with some sense if you are a Huntingdon fan.  I think every fan base thinks their coach is terrible unless he wins multiple state tournaments in a row!

Whoa kimosobie...Not sure how to spell that but just go with it...Summertown is not a team you want to say "Bring On" to. Well balanced and every girl on that team will get in you and guard you better than any team in West Tennessee. Plus unless you face guard every girl on the floor they will make tough shots and are dynamite from down town and by the way, they can drive to the basket with ease on most teams. Should be a good matchup, but Loretto and Perry County are going to be hard outs as well.

5 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Whoa kimosobie...Not sure how to spell that but just go with it...Summertown is not a team you want to say "Bring On" to. Well balanced and every girl on that team will get in you and guard you better than any team in West Tennessee. Plus unless you face guard every girl on the floor they will make tough shots and are dynamite from down town and by the way, they can drive to the basket with ease on most teams. Should be a good matchup, but Loretto and Perry County are going to be hard outs as well.

Whoa PCSUPPORTER4LIFE yourself! Don't act as if Summertown is some indestructible monster. Huntingdon is very good. And speaking of teams out of the west, didn't Summertown take a loss on their most recent trip to West Tn to Gleason? A team Huntingdon has defeated twice! So " Bring it on ", because I think it will be Huntingdon vs Summertown in a excellent match up. This is a 50/50 game.

4 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Whoa PCSUPPORTER4LIFE yourself! Don't act as if Summertown is some indestructible monster. Huntingdon is very good. And speaking of teams out of the west, didn't Summertown take a loss on their most recent trip to West Tn to Gleason? A team Huntingdon has defeated twice! So " Bring it on ", because I think it will be Huntingdon vs Summertown in a excellent match up. This is a 50/50 game.

Just going by experience since they're in our district. No doubt this would be a great game.  Hopefully we get to see it in the Region Semi's instead of Championship game but probably won't. Any way I just know Summertown has everyone back from last years Final Four team and IMO are the favorites to make it to the championship. 

On 12/22/2017 at 6:55 AM, BullShark said:

Which game did you watch him "COACH"??? I've been watching for the last several years and havent seen him COACH 1 game yet

8 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Which game did you watch him "COACH"??? I've been watching for the last several years and havent seen him COACH 1 game yet

Before I answer your question, please answer this.  How did the Fillies make the state tournament last year with slightly above average talent if he can't coach?  

5 hours ago, BullShark said:

Before I answer your question, please answer this.  How did the Fillies make the state tournament last year with slightly above average talent if he can't coach?  

Single A basketball is not very good in West TN.  Dresden and Huntingdon came out of the West beating a decent TCA team. When your whole offense is dribble down and throw the ball to the post and hope your post player gets 20 a game is great if she is on. Hope it works every game. Whatever games Huntingdon has won has been by the talent on the floor not on the bench

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 0:11 AM, PCsupporter4life said:

Just going by experience since they're in our district. No doubt this would be a great game.  Hopefully we get to see it in the Region Semi's instead of Championship game but probably won't. Any way I just know Summertown has everyone back from last years Final Four team and IMO are the favorites to make it to the championship. 

I understand. Everyone feels like their team is the favorite to make it to Murfreesboro. This season's Regionals are going to be awesome! 

14 hours ago, BullShark said:

Slightly above average talent! The Fillies program has had a run of talent you maybe get every 50 years if you're lucky. This year we've got 8 or 9 talented kids that can run. We made state last year and looked like Ned and the first reader! These girls deserve better coaching. Huntingdon hasn't figured out that you don't just hire someone to coach basketball you hire a basketball coach.