Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

10 hours ago, powerp said:

636157071274109192-1126greenback1.jpgThe matchup....can we tackle the monster

He's a lot bigger this year. He's by far the best back in 1-2A. 

10 hours ago, howiesmashville said:

Howiesmashville Says: For the first time I will admit, I do not believe we beat Greenback. This game scares the heck out of me. I just don't see us stopping them.

It scares all of us. Everyone knows how good Greenback is AGAIN. They lost all those college players and have just reloaded. 

8 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The west has two really good teams left and imo the gap between the east and west as closed some but not enough. Huntingdon is gone and everyone thinks the west got weaker. I think alot of people will be surprised.  Good luck to both So.Pitt and Greenback this week.

Not enough? We saw Cornersville last season. Rest assured.. the winner of the Greenback and SP game will have a better shot in Cookeville than the east team has had in several years. 

8 hours ago, TheOlMan said:

Hello guys and gals. It's time to spit some truth in your face. 

This is will be a good game no doubt. It will be an even better game in the Pirates favor. This Pirate team is better than what you Greenbackers may think. That Pirate defense is looking better every week. I have to give it up to GB too. They looked good against a very good Coalfield team. I think this will be a hard hitting game no doubt. I think SP has to many weapons and the defense will step up even more this week. That d-line for SP is no joke. I can't wait to see this game. I'm going to call SP 44

GB 26

That's truth hitting you in the face!

We will NOT score 44 points. Are you even from SP? Greenback is loaded. If it turns into a track meet we can't keep up. We don't have the horses for that type game. 

8 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Hahahaha I believe everyone from South Pitt said the same thing last year. We will see, I am excited to see this prolific defense that is going to hold us to 26 points.

We know we know. You think we suck and are just an average team. Our kids will play hard and give it all they've got. 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

After watching SP and Whitwell game, I’ve came to the conclusion that SP might as well be playing an oversized middle school team

Yes, we aren't very big and don't have our usual speed, but we are proud of our kids to reach this point again this season. 

2 hours ago, muskox said:

Just got done reading some season stats on south pitt.....thwy average 10 yards a game passing....so u know what's coming...i drove down and watched the first south pitt and whitwell game.....i know I'm gonna get called crazy but ibwas not impressed 

We don't have the horses that you boys have. Greenback is sitting in the car birds  seat right now in your area. Kids like the Gilbert kid doesn't come around often in 1A. I've honestly never seen a team in the history of 1A football that could lose the caliber of players Greenback lost and be right back in the semifinals again. It's truly unbelievable to me. Greenback just thinks they have a young team. Ours is even younger. LMBO. Our kids will play hard and give it everything they've got. I personally don't think Greenback will blow us out like you've mentioned earlier this season. 

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We will have our hands full with these Greenback boys.  They are a much more balanced team than we've seen this year.  We also know how they can catch lightning in a bottle. It's gonna take everything we've got and we will have to reach down for a little bit more.  If we can make this a defensive type game then I like our chances.  Sure, I'm a homer, but I also know that this team plays very well together and compliment each other. There are no 'me' on this team.   We know exactly what's at stake and what's on the line. Like Coach Grider said after the Whitwell game, he wouldn't trade any of yall for any other players.  I feel the same way.  I've said many times this year how much I love this team.  I said early on I didn't think we were #1 in our class but I said I had no doubt we have the type of team that could reach that goal.   

I said all that to say this:    We know what we are up against.  And we wouldn't wanna have it any other way.   We are coming to take what we feel is rightfully ours.  We don't expect you to roll over and play dead.  Where's the glory in winning like that?   So get ready.  We are preparing to give it everything we've got.  And come Friday it'll be something to witness. 

My locker room talk for the night.  

Great post one of the best i have read all year.

Those of us who have watched and played against the Pirates KNOW its gonna be a war.These are the games that these boys will tell stories about 30 years from now!

Visitors side is alot better for your fans.There is a buffer zone behind the players and there is no throwing of any material.Havent heard of any issues for a couple years We dont need to make this thread about that mess anyway its about two very good teams trying to get to the championship,most will be at home and we BOTH are still playing.

We expect South Pitts best game Fri and we hope our team gives you their best and it gets left all on the field.South Pitt has the tradition that we are trying to build at GB thats why im so excited about back to back GB/SP semi final games.Let the boys on the field settle this one,alot of pride in the Orange and Black!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

He's a lot bigger this year. He's by far the best back in 1-2A. 

It scares all of us. Everyone knows how good Greenback is AGAIN. They lost all those college players and have just reloaded. 

Not enough? We saw Cornersville last season. Rest assured.. the winner of the Greenback and SP game will have a better shot in Cookeville than the east team has had in several years. 

We will NOT score 44 points. Are you even from SP? Greenback is loaded. If it turns into a track meet we can't keep up. We don't have the horses for that type game. 

We know we know. You think we suck and are just an average team. Our kids will play hard and give it all they've got. 

Yes, we aren't very big and don't have our usual speed, but we are proud of our kids to reach this point again this season. 

We don't have the horses that you boys have. Greenback is sitting in the car birds  seat right now in your area. Kids like the Gilbert kid doesn't come around often in 1A. I've honestly never seen a team in the history of 1A football that could lose the caliber of players Greenback lost and be right back in the semifinals again. It's truly unbelievable to me. Greenback just thinks they have a young team. Ours is even younger. LMBO. Our kids will play hard and give it everything they've got. I personally don't think Greenback will blow us out like you've mentioned earlier this season. 

I'm with you how does GB do it year after year, and for the most part stays healthy 14 or 15 games.Maybe tennessee should pay more attention too these 1 and 2a schools. Rather have a 2 star playing than a 5 star hurt and on bench.We been playing GB (GP) last few years, I was impressed with GB I'm on board gonna pickum till the end. :mrgreen:

25 minutes ago, harley04 said:

I'm with you how does GB do it year after year, and for the most part stays healthy 14 or 15 games.Maybe tennessee should pay more attention too these 1 and 2a schools. Rather have a 2 star playing than a 5 star hurt and on bench.We been playing GB (GP) last few years, I was impressed with GB I'm on board gonna pickum till the end. :mrgreen:

This group has been together since they were 4 or 5!

32 minutes ago, powerp said:

If you take Gilbert off their team they are different just like if you took a player away from us which technically has happened unfortunately. This is an uphill battle for the Pirates but we will show up and give it all we got!

It hurts us small 1a schools when you loose a player, we lost one for this game also!! I think this will be a physical ball game by both clubs!! I agree completly about Gilbert, not just on offense but on D as well! It's going to be a dandy!!!!

5 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

It hurts us small 1a schools when you loose a player, we lost one for this game also!! I think this will be a physical ball game by both clubs!! I agree completly about Gilbert, not just on offense but on D as well! It's going to be a dandy!!!!

Yes, that guy is just a monster. I watched your first game vs Coalfield online. He's much bigger than last season. We have a gritty team, but I'm not sure we can tackle him. What colleges have offered?

This game will be a game for men. If your not ready for smashmouth football stay home. I expect to see a big dose of Gilbert and I expect the Pirates to come fully aware of that. Last year we jumped up quick and Gilbert took over as a sophomore. I expect Sawyer to be 100% but I still see this being a showdown of Gilbert and Raulston. I do know the Pirates are down right mean up front. Seeing lots of different opinions on this one. Should be fun.

1 minute ago, CastIronHero said:

This game will be a game for men. If your not ready for smashmouth football stay home. I expect to see a big dose of Gilbert and I expect the Pirates to come fully aware of that. Last year we jumped up quick and Gilbert took over as a sophomore. I expect Sawyer to be 100% but I still see this being a showdown of Gilbert and Raulston. I do know the Pirates are down right mean up front. Seeing lots of different opinions on this one. Should be fun.

You are wrong already