3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

31 STUDENTS!!

That's half the players that most 3A teams field!?

Enrollment is a key factor in determining the placement of a team. Being able to cherry pick players from a much bigger field is not fair when you DO NOT have to play with other schools with that same enrollment. Pure BS!

I guess when you run the ship, you can skew the rules in any direction you want. I’m guessing the referees for the Covington vs PC game will all be from the Nashville area thus allowing referees from that area to gain more experience....:thumb: Sounds about right to me. They should probably officiate the Championship game in Cookeville next Thursday... Diversity at its best! :roflol:

1 minute ago, Throwdeslant said:

I guess when you run the ship, you can skew the rules in any direction you want. I’m guessing the referees for the Covington vs PC game will all be from the Nashville area thus allowing referees from that area to gain more experience....:thumb: Sounds about right to me. They should probably officiate the Championship game in Cookeville next Thursday... Diversity at its best! :roflol:

Well Bernard Childress and the TSSAA are from Nashville...............sigh!

11 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

31 STUDENTS!!

That's half the players that most 3A teams field!?

Enrollment is a key factor in determining the placement of a team. Being able to cherry pick players from a much bigger field is not fair when you DO NOT have to play with other schools with that same enrollment. Pure BS!

I can’t believe this article was released. I’m guessing some heads are gonna roll now that the cats out of the bag....:ph34r: Good luck Friday night Covington......

2 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Perfect idea!!! :thumb:

Would be legal under the cooperative agreement

because even Mr. TSSAA says:

"We feel like the cooperative agreements have been very successful as far as student participation," TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress said. "Some people look at it as this is schools having an opportunity to win championships. We're not about that. We want them to have the opportunity to participate."

Bless his heart!

• Upvote 1

I had seen the power ranking for PC all season, and they are out of sight, comparable with the best 6A and 5A teams. No wonder, if you can cherry pick the best athletes from a student body of almost 1000 and they are not your students.

The TSSAA may say it's not about championships, but if they win one, I will help to raise a major stink. We may have to involve some political pull to get this straightened out. Jimmy Naifeh is retired, but he attended Byars-Hall High like I did. That school became Covington High. I'm sure Jimmy knows which strings need to be pulled in Nashville to stop this kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I had seen the power ranking for PC all season, and they are out of sight, comparable with the best 6A and 5A teams. No wonder, if you can cherry pick the best athletes from a student body of almost 1000 and they are not your students.

The TSSAA may say it's not about championships, but if they win one, I will help to raise a major stink. We may have to involve some political pull to get this straightened out. Jimmy Naifeh is retired, but he attended Byars-Hall High like I did. That school became Covington High. I'm sure Jimmy knows which strings need to be pulled in Nashville to stop this kind of thing.

I just wonder how many others in the state of Tennessee actually knew about the Cooperative Agreement??? I’m guessing not too many outside the Nashville area...