3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

3 hours ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

I also have a comment on my trip to Covington for last weeks quarter finals game. The endzone cameraman for Covington was playing music on a loud speaker for most of the second half when RE was driving towards that endzone. Very unprofessional and unsportsan like.

I apologize. Sorry if that spoiled your experience.

4 hours ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

PC by 35 or more. Covington hasn't played anybody near as good as PC and their offense is a joke. If you stop the Tim then you shut down their offense.

RE stopped the run most of the game, Chargers only had I think 120 yards rushing on the game. Made up for it in the passing game, passing for almost 180 yards. They dont pass often, but when they need to it is effective. 

6 hours ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

PC by 35 or more. Covington hasn't played anybody near as good as PC and their offense is a joke. If you stop the Tim then you shut down their offense.

I have no clue what "the Tim" is, but Covington's offense is certainly not a joke. They can put points up in a hurry. Also, I know PC is a great team, but Covington played some really good teams this year. I watched them play Milan twice, and South Gibson. They also have wins over 4A Crockett Co, who made it to the quarters, and 5A brighton who is still playing as well. Those are pretty good teams, now PC may be better, and probably are, but to say "Covington hasn't played anybody near as good as PC" is foolish. 

I think PC is going to win this game, but these comments you made were a bit ridiculous. 

Makes you go Hmmmm?!

Xavier Shepherd has scholarship offers from Appalachian State, Austin Peay and Jackson State as well as interest from others. It's all thanks to a cooperative agreement allowing students from schools that don't offer sports to participate in sports at other schools. 

Shepherd, a 6-foot-3, 185-pound dual-threat quarterback, attends Martin Luther King in Nashville but plays football at Pearl-Cohn. M.L. King doesn't offer football.

Pearl-Cohn's enrollment is 643. M.L. King has an enrollment of 961. The Firebirds voluntarily played up a class the past four years, participating in Class 4A. They plan on being in Class 3A for the next four-year cycle.

According to the TSSAA, 31 athletes from M.L. King were eligible for Pearl-Cohn's 2016 football team. 

This is a bunch of crap!

Being able to get players from two schools with a combined enrollment of 1604 !!! and playing in 3A......WOW!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Makes you go Hmmmm?!

Xavier Shepherd has scholarship offers from Appalachian State, Austin Peay and Jackson State as well as interest from others. It's all thanks to a cooperative agreement allowing students from schools that don't offer sports to participate in sports at other schools. 

Shepherd, a 6-foot-3, 185-pound dual-threat quarterback, attends Martin Luther King in Nashville but plays football at Pearl-Cohn. M.L. King doesn't offer football.

Pearl-Cohn's enrollment is 643. M.L. King has an enrollment of 961. The Firebirds voluntarily played up a class the past four years, participating in Class 4A. They plan on being in Class 3A for the next four-year cycle.

According to the TSSAA, 31 athletes from M.L. King were eligible for Pearl-Cohn's 2016 football team. 

This is a bunch of crap!

Being able to get players from two schools with a combined enrollment of 1604 !!! and playing in 3A......WOW!

The Cooperative Agreement??? Should be called the Convenient Agreement! Unreal!!!

Just now, Throwdeslant said:

The Cooperative Agreement??? Should be called the Convenient Agreement! Unreal!!!

31 STUDENTS!!

That's half the players that most 3A teams field!?

Enrollment is a key factor in determining the placement of a team. Being able to cherry pick players from a much bigger field is not fair when you DO NOT have to play with other schools with that same enrollment. Pure BS!

6 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

This is news to me. It does increase the depth of their talent pool quite a bit, huh? Covington, on the other hand, has always had enrollment that puts us as one of the smaller 3A schools, as I recall. I'm sure somebody can quote exact figures.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

4 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

This is news to me. It does increase the depth of their talent pool quite a bit, huh? Covington, on the other hand, has always had enrollment that puts us as one of the smaller 3A schools, as I recall. I'm sure somebody can quote exact figures.

As does Alcoa.

Pearl-Cohn should be playing 6A classification. 

PC best player does not even go to PC! Crazy!!!

Edited by BCsportsfan