3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

9 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I had seen the power ranking for PC all season, and they are out of sight, comparable with the best 6A and 5A teams. No wonder, if you can cherry pick the best athletes from a student body of almost 1000 and they are not your students.

The TSSAA may say it's not about championships, but if they win one, I will help to raise a major stink. We may have to involve some political pull to get this straightened out. Jimmy Naifeh is retired, but he attended Byars-Hall High like I did. That school became Covington High. I'm sure Jimmy knows which strings need to be pulled in Nashville to stop this kind of thing.

I agree.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Makes you go Hmmmm?!

Xavier Shepherd has scholarship offers from Appalachian State, Austin Peay and Jackson State as well as interest from others. It's all thanks to a cooperative agreement allowing students from schools that don't offer sports to participate in sports at other schools. 

Shepherd, a 6-foot-3, 185-pound dual-threat quarterback, attends Martin Luther King in Nashville but plays football at Pearl-Cohn. M.L. King doesn't offer football.

Pearl-Cohn's enrollment is 643. M.L. King has an enrollment of 961. The Firebirds voluntarily played up a class the past four years, participating in Class 4A. They plan on being in Class 3A for the next four-year cycle.

According to the TSSAA, 31 athletes from M.L. King were eligible for Pearl-Cohn's 2016 football team. 

This is a bunch of crap!

Being able to get players from two schools with a combined enrollment of 1604 !!! and playing in 3A......WOW!

Here we go again smh.... 

12 minutes ago, bglass said:

That's total BS we may not win but at least we play with kids that go to our school. I'm like y'all Covington should take the best athletes from Munford and Brighton and still play 3-A.

Home » News & Announcements » 2016-17 High School Enrollments

2016-17 High School Enrollments

News & Announcements| Sep 7, 2016

Public Schools: Sample of ED-1861 ADM form required from district office

Update (9/26/2016): Figures displayed are totals that will be used for classification purposes (prior to application of multiplier).

School
          Date Received
Enrollment

Alcoa High School             2016-09-19 646
Covington High School    2016-09-09         821
Pearl Cohn High School    2016-09-12       643+961= 1602
Red Bank High School       2016-09-19       785

There you go.........true numbers!

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

As does Alcoa.

Pearl-Cohn should be playing 6A classification. 

PC best player does not even go to PC! Crazy!!!

Since you want to come on our post and stir up a bunch of stuff I handle it for you. The numbers fluctuate from each year. It said 31 players but it was more like 15 max 9-12. Out of that 15 3 started. Our Mr Football finalist is a PC kid he is our best player. This year starting on offense and Defense we again only have 3 MLK kids starting + the kicker. Alot of the kids who come out from MLK dont even play alot. Its a problem these past few years we really been winning but when we was only winning 3 games with the same MLK kids everything was cool. We are not the only coop school in TN or Metro Nashville. Read more before you comment

Edited by FBfan26

Just now, FBfan26 said:

Since you want to come on our post and stir up a bunch of stuff I handle it for you. The numbers fluctuate from each year. It said 31 players but it was more like 15 max 9-12. Out of that 15 3 started. Our Mr Football finalist is a PC kid he is our best player. This year starting on offense and Defense we again only have 3 MLK kids starting + the kicker. Alot of the kids who come out from MLK dont even play alot. Its a problem these past few years we really been winning but when we was only winning 3 games with the same MLK kids everything was cool.

Where does Xavier Shepherd go to school?

100% of Alcoa's, Red Bank and Covington's players go to THEIR own school.

How convenient a school with almost 1000 students just happen to NOT have a football team. wow!