#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

3 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

We kick it in the endZone 90% of the time. Are kicking game is usually very strong. We are always a threat to take it to the house as well. Based off what you say it sounds like we will get the ball close to the 40 every time 

Depends on how they kick, i.e. moon shot or squib. Yes, yalls kicking game FG and kick offs look good on film kickers got a strong leg

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

I know I’m not alone on here saying Db has the best line in the state! 

I watched those young men that were seniors from peewee on up.You didn't see anything compared to what they could have had.Five of their top 7 from the 9th grade gave it up or moved.One of those got a ride to D1 and was 6'5" 300 plus as a 9th grader.Another one of them was the strongest player on DB's team when spring came around as a 9th grader.They should have been even bigger on offense and a monster defensive line to go with it.When I say a staff like Greeneville there and a weight program,I know what they could have had.It's all good now because everyone seen they were still loaded with talent but just can't figure out what in the hail is the problem every year at Dobyns Bennett.Atleast they have a great band director and just finished 6th in the whole country.Anyway,the Devils are playing and that's all I care about this week.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I watched those young men that were seniors from peewee on up.You didn't see anything compared to what they could have had.Five of their top 7 from the 9th grade gave it up or moved.One of those got a ride to D1 and was 6'5" 300 plus as a 9th grader.Another one of them was the strongest player on DB's team when spring came around as a 9th grader.They should have been even bigger on offense and a monster defensive line to go with it.When I say a staff like Greeneville there and a weight program,I know what they could have had.It's all good now because everyone seen they were still loaded with talent but just can't figure out what in the hail is the problem every year at Dobyns Bennett.Atleast they have a great band director and just finished 6th in the whole country.Anyway,the Devils are playing and that's all I care about this week.

our first band reference of the week. since you brought it up, i might as well ask....Does springfield have a good band? Im sure Devil fans will remember the dancing girls of maplewood in 2011...those girls were non stop from the time their feet hit the stadium till the time the game was over.....LOL...speaking of bands, how bout that pride of the southland marching band...maybe currie should look there for a dang coach, since everyone else either turns us down OR should have never been a candidate to start with

8 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I know I’m not alone on here saying Db has the best line in the state! 

well DMan, DB not withstanding, of the 480 public high schools in our great state, ive personally only seen 13 O lines this season so i cant speak for the rest of them, but my guess is those big dudes at catholic might dispute your comment,,,,,but yah, them DB boys were not bad either,

I'm gonna speak for DevilMan here regarding the band:

"Band is incredible.  Best in the State.  Band will probably be so loud that your offense wont be able to hear the snapcount. The halftime show is something out of a movie...Springfield players and coaches won't even want to go to the locker room at half so they can listen to the band. You definitely haven't seen a band as good as Greeneville's"

20 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

I'm gonna speak for DevilMan here regarding the band:

"Band is incredible.  Best in the State.  Band will probably be so loud that your offense wont be able to hear the snapcount. The halftime show is something out of a movie...Springfield players and coaches won't even want to go to the locker room at half so they can listen to the band. You definitely haven't seen a band as good as Greeneville's"

Bahaha negative ghost rider 

From the Tennessean today:

Class 4A
Greeneville (14-0) vs. Springfield (11-3)

Greeneville's Cade Ballard (left) and Springfield'sBuy Photo

Greeneville's Cade Ballard (left) and Springfield's Dayron Johnson (right) (Photo: The Tennessean)

When: Friday, 3 p.m.  

Led by Class 4A Mr. Football Cade Ballard’s 2,900 yards passing and 51 total touchdowns, Greeneville is averaging 35.3 points. Springfield, led by versatile athlete Dayron Johnson, has grown accustomed to playing the role of underdog, upsetting Jackson South Side and Haywood en route to its first championship appearance since 1993.  

• Kreager: Greeneville 42, Springfield 28
  • Murphy: Greeneville 31, Springfield 21
  • Joyce: Greeneville 38, Springfield 20
  • Nearhos: Greeneville 35, Springfield 21
  • Odom: Greeneville 38, Springfield 21
  • Torres: Greeneville 35, Springfield 17
  • Robinson: Springfield 38, Greeneville 35
  • Varlas: Greeneville 28, Springfield 22

19 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Honestly Greeneville by 21 at least I’d say 

Wow, I think the pressure is breaking you down 03.I think this is an honest and somewhat humble prediction for you.Not over the top or insulting to a fine opponent.I would take a one point win but a 42-21 type game would be nice in a Devil win.That would take a strong Devil game without mistakes.