#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

40 minutes ago, SPRedRaider said:

I understand... just an observation.

With athletes at CB cover 3 is great against bubble and tunnels. Just need to roll a safety down to bring another defender in the zone to offset the trips formation. This is dependent as well upon the DE and Mike LB'er keeping the zone read under control. DE keys QB and Mike keys RB....... Sounds simple eh!

Like I’ve said easier said than done. 14 others couldn’t do it with better teams. 

1 hour ago, SPRedRaider said:

I understand... just an observation.

With athletes at CB cover 3 is great against bubble and tunnels. Just need to roll a safety down to bring another defender in the zone to offset the trips formation. This is dependent as well upon the DE and Mike LB'er keeping the zone read under control. DE keys QB and Mike keys RB....... Sounds simple eh!

That is the point i was trying to make...Springfield does not adjust to trips, with their scheme or personnel.  They leave an outside LB to cover the flat area by himself.  It's going to be a long night for that kid if they do that against Greeneville.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

That is the point i was trying to make...Springfield does not adjust to trips, with their scheme or personnel.  They leave an outside LB to cover the flat area by himself.  It's going to be a long night for that kid if they do that against Greeneville.

I'm very confident that the Springfield coaches will adjust accordingly, they are a very good staff 

As it has been said,adjustments will be huge in this game.I would bet the farm on atleast a couple of plays Springfield will try against Greeneville and one is a slant right behind our middle linebacker.I would say AC got a hundred plus yards on that.Going deep at any spot we might not have a lot of height will also be something they will try.Without knowing their wideouts,I say they try and keep Seth away from helping that side and burn us long.AC could have got 150 more yards and maybe 3 or 4 more scores had it not been for Seth going with their number 1 guy.So it's pretty easy to see Springfield baiting him away from what they really want to do at times.On defense AC did stop our bread and butter play for much of the game and you best know someone will key on our QB keeper.Now having the players to carry it out like AC did for a good while and playing a clean game will not be easy for Springfield , but I see these adjustments to countered right now in practice for the Devils.The Devils need to continue their smart play and not block in the back,hold,jump of sides,get personal penalties and the things that dig a hole.This is a great Greeneville team if  everyone does their job but a very average team when players lose focus.14-1 is a fine year,but not what any player that wears the Devil colors today or way back in my day wants to see.Go Devils!

7 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

As it has been said,adjustments will be huge in this game.I would bet the farm on atleast a couple of plays Springfield will try against Greeneville and one is a slant right behind our middle linebacker.I would say AC got a hundred plus yards on that.Going deep at any spot we might not have a lot of height will also be something they will try.Without knowing their wideouts,I say they try and keep Seth away from helping that side and burn us long.AC could have got 150 more yards and maybe 3 or 4 more scores had it not been for Seth going with their number 1 guy.So it's pretty easy to see Springfield baiting him away from what they really want to do at times.On defense AC did stop our bread and butter play for much of the game and you best know someone will key on our QB keeper.Now having the players to carry it out like AC did for a good while and playing a clean game will not be easy for Springfield , but I see these adjustments to countered right now in practice for the Devils.The Devils need to continue their smart play and not block in the back,hold,jump of sides,get personal penalties and the things that dig a hole.This is a great Greeneville team if  everyone does their job but a very average team when players lose focus.14-1 is a fine year,but not what any player that wears the Devil colors today or way back in my day wants to see.Go Devils!

Brings up a good question.... the old Kelly Green or the new darker green?

54 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Like I say.....sometimes it looks like 15 Yellow Jackets swarming  the ball. Springfield will adjust if something don't work

This is the type of football talk I enjoy, opposed to the beating your chest and trying to get under everyones skin. I knew there was some good football knowldge between these 2 fan bases. I would say a strength of this Springfield team like already stated a few times is our coaching and their ability to prepare as well as thier in game adjustments. We dont have very much size but we are a fast, quick, scrappy bunch who have peaked at the right time, I am really looking forward to Friday and hope to get to meet some of you guys.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacketLover said:

The slot receiver has hurt Springfield throughout the playoffs  I’ve been surprised teams didn’t use it more until we adjusted to it. Granted we may have and I didn’t notice. I’m looking forward to seeing how the Jackets match up. Our Defense will have to be on point to stop Greeneville’s potent offense. 

How big are the Springfield Db's and Safeties?  What has helped Greeneville so much is they have Big body receivers that already  have D1 offers and block very well.  The starting Wr. are  Goddard is 6'3 220lb  Hite is 6"4 220lb, Thompson is 5"10 185, and Crawford is 5"11 165lb and any given play they don't care to block for one another till the whistle blows

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SPRedRaider said:

Brings up a good question.... the old Kelly Green or the new darker green?

Well it's like the Tennessee colors if your a Vol fan.Any combination of colors is nice.I know the Devils have done several little changes over the years.My preference would probably be darker Green or even nearly black but if they are winning ,I don't really care.Now some things I would change and go against nearly all other Greeneville folks that love our school.I would let the band do our school song and cut the Mic on former classmates singing.Just my preference there.I think enough of us know our national anthem to sing along without the sound system there also.As long as we are standing and showing respect to our flag and those that gave their lives for our country and not acting like a bunch of NFL beches.

Edited by BatmanDevil