Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

No crying here. I have every reason to have the opinion that my team could very well have been the best 5A public school football team in the state. Other people have also reflected this thought. Rem: "may have been". 5his is on sharp contrast to the comments about Catholic 's trophy. Just as I am confident in my dialog about the public/private issue, I am also confident in my ammendment of you why the attitude.  Try and get better.

Goodbye.

11 hours ago, dudedevil4x4 said:

Sure Catholic is a private school but what wasn't mentioned on the telecast is that the only people who scored for Beech High School last night were at rival high schools last year and "transferred" to Beech over summer. Kaemon Dunlap was at Station Camp and Diylon Hoosier was at Hendersonville High School. The middle school dunlap attended was rezoned (but he had the option to stay) and i think hoosier moved residencies purposely into the Beech zone. I'm not convinced you take that risk as an athlete without some kind of "understanding" in advance. 

Aren't you a former Beech teacher?  Why not support your team?   Catholic played excellent ball and they were too big, too fast and too talented.  Beech made it interesting but you can't make many mistakes against a team like Catholic and expect to come out looking pretty. 

13 hours ago, tandem said:

That’s precious, coming from the team that leads the world in personal fouls and unsportsmanlikes. Padded your stats in that category last night. 

So let me get this straight. A team that leads the world in personal fouls and unsportsmanlikes deserves to have "bring out the stretcher" when a player goes down? Like I said that's piss poor on Beeches student section and apparently you to.

1 hour ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

So let me get this straight. A team that leads the world in personal fouls and unsportsmanlikes deserves to have "bring out the stretcher" when a player goes down? Like I said that's piss poor on Beeches student section and apparently you to.

It’s never okay to yell something like that. However, when your star acts like a cruel jerk, he’s just an emotional, excited teenager (stated in an earlier post). Same could be said for Beech kids. I personally find Mays’ actions on the field deplorable, am shocked at what he gets by with, and think it’s embarrassing to call him Mr. Football. 

6 hours ago, froshpop said:

It’s never okay to yell something like that. However, when your star acts like a cruel jerk, he’s just an emotional, excited teenager (stated in an earlier post). Same could be said for Beech kids. I personally find Mays’ actions on the field deplorable, am shocked at what he gets by with, and think it’s embarrassing to call him Mr. Football. 

Maybe the same people paying some of the tuitions paid for the award. Lol

All jokes aside, I never want to see anyone get injured and any chants associated with such are not acceptable (although I didn't hear what was being chanted).  As to the injury, I hope the kid is ok, but I do have a question... why was he still in the game? 

6 hours ago, froshpop said:

I have watched this kid for 4 years .. acts the same as a SR as he did as a FR .. but I will say this he comes by it honestly .. I was at the KC and OR game in playoffs .. the Dad was standing hollering at the sideline complaining about play calls and saying " Run behind the big guy "  - and criticizing the play calls when noone was hollering .. you could hear him across the field .. I was standing on fence on sideline and a KC fan came down to the fence to talk to the AD at KC and said to the AD - " he is an embarrassment and the AD for KC said " yes I know ..but we have him for 2 more years unfortunately " - saying that because the younger brother is a Soph...... KC has alot of classy young men ... and some that have graduated like the Kuerchen kid and Rogers ... and would have hoped that the Mr Football winner would have watched and learned from the great examples .. but cant comment on this game ..didnt watch the game so dont know what went on during game .. 

10 hours ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

Sorry if your big boy’s feelings got hurt. I guess you’ll pitch a fit when he’s on the road in the SEC and the opposing student section says mean stuff. But it’s much more a reflection of the “class” of a program  how the players conduct themselves on the field than what a few non athletes say in the bleachers. 

Edited by tandem
  • Upvote 1

Just checked my status with some of the long time fans/supporters of OR football. For those concerned, I'm in very, very good graces. Sorry to read that there are more negative post being made concerning team, individual player and patent. Some disrespectful comments are being made on the other championship threads, but nothing like this one.

Time heals all.......I guess.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

Just checked my status with some of the long time fans/supporters of OR football. For those concerned, I'm in very, very good graces. Sorry to read that there are more negative post being made concerning team, individual player and patent. Some disrespectful comments are being made on the other championship threads, but nothing like this one.

Time heals all.......I guess.

You didn't check with me but I will go ahead and say you are a good OR fan in my opinion. 

Wasn't very impressed with Beech,  IMO way to much of a one dimensional team to win a state title.  Catholics D this year gave up big plays but seldom allowed long drives. So I assumed we matched up well with them, which we did.   Great to add another gold ball to the case at Catholic.  Let's get ready for next season. 

Don't forget folks.  I'll have our Friday Main Event Blue Cross Bowl recap today at 4:00 PM (Central Time).   We'll discuss every title game and play interviews with both head Coaches involved in each game!   You can hear us on 93.9 FM in Middle Tennessee or stream the show via the internet by clicking the link below:

Friday Main Event Live Stream