Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

And to the one guy who keeps saying we aren't relevant. I'd say we are pretty relevant being we gave Catholic one of their better games the whole year, besides Maryville, BA, and the GA team they played. I don't really count SD since according to some Irish fans their some of their top players were out that game and we handled SD pretty good in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I know if going by the score OR defense was better than Beech D, but I'd like to hear from a Catholic fan. Could we have beaten Beech if Catholic didn't exist? Pipe dream, but just curious how we stacked up compared to them from an Irish fans POV.

IMO OR Defense was much much better than the Beech Defense. All the way around. IMO really no comparison.  OR was probably the 4th best Defense we we saw this yr. 1st Brentwood,2nd Eagles Landing,3rd Maryville,4th OR

7 hours ago, tandem said:

Ah, going to the old default comeback of “feel better about yourself”. Is that the best you’ve got? 

Clearly my point went way over your head, so let me dumb it down for you. If you’re gonna whine about a few pimple faced 14 year old kids in the stands yelling at him, what will you do when a SEC student section is all over him? THERE IS NO COMPARISON between the two.  For your sake I hope he learns not to stand in front of the opposing teams bench and student section and taunt them like he did Thursday night. (For which he got ANOTHER unsportsmanlike). 

Ohh how cute of a response. "Let me  dumb it down" No need to dumb anything down you idiot. You're the one that compared SEC fans getting on a player vs High School fans chanting "Bring out the stretcher" WHEN A HIGHSCHOOL KID IS LAYING ON THE FIELD. Kids will be kids. But in sports, there's a line you don't cross. Anyone that's played sports knows this. Obviously you haven't. If you don't see anything wrong with that. You got major problems. Definitely no whining coming from this side. I was responding to a post about this topic. Arguing with an idiot like yourself who obviously feels that chanting what they was chanting while a player is down on the field hurt is okay with you is pointless. I wish you nothing but the worst in life and hope all your dreams never come true

7 hours ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

Ohh how cute of a response. "Let me  dumb it down" No need to dumb anything down you idiot. You're the one that compared SEC fans getting on a player vs High School fans chanting "Bring out the stretcher" WHEN A HIGHSCHOOL KID IS LAYING ON THE FIELD. Kids will be kids. But in sports, there's a line you don't cross. Anyone that's played sports knows this. Obviously you haven't. If you don't see anything wrong with that. You got major problems. Definitely no whining coming from this side. I was responding to a post about this topic. Arguing with an idiot like yourself who obviously feels that chanting what they was chanting while a player is down on the field hurt is okay with you is pointless. I wish you nothing but the worst in life and hope all your dreams never come true

Rule #1 from the middle school handbook of arguing:

1. When you’re losing, resort to name calling.

Nicely played. Anyway, good luck on the recruiting trail this winter. 

Edited by tandem

12 hours ago, whytheattitude said:

Losers cry and winners win. Good bye to this pansy board. I'm done with all of you soft and crybaby people.  By the way Tadvols, I think another of your Fulton players wants to play for Catholic.  Keep an eye out so you can cry some more. Goodbye pansies.  Wonder if coacht moderators will take this post down too. When you force us private we will really be hard to beat.  We will give scholarships to all players around here. Peace losers!!!!!!!!

LOL  ... truth hurts huh ... WTA .. Im sure alot of kids will want to go to KC  ..as soon as the church or donor gets that 12, 000 together .. who wouldnt take a education from there ... if a Falcon player leaves for KC or Alcoa or wherever good luck aint the first time and wont be the last ... and as far as the quote " we will give scholarships to all players around here " .. whats your point .. money is already being given towards the tuition so I dont get your point ... 

38 minutes ago, URSUS said:

Would Catholic have been in D2AAA if they had not decided to play in D2?

Yes. The rationale for staying public was the travel. The majority of our games would have been in Nashville. Feasible for football since you would only have 5-6 road games on Fridays.... not so much for other sports with games scheduled thru the week. Lost classroom time, late arrivals home and cost of transportation were major factors.

36 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Yes. The rationale for staying public was the travel. The majority of our games would have been in Nashville. Feasible for football since you would only have 5-6 road games on Fridays.... not so much for other sports with games scheduled thru the week. Lost classroom time, late arrivals home and cost of transportation were major factors.

Makes sense.  Suppose they would have to travel to play MBA, BA, EHS, FRHS and JP2. That’s a lot of time and miles.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:56 PM, Bruins89 said:

Aren't you a former Beech teacher?  Why not support your team?   Catholic played excellent ball and they were too big, too fast and too talented.  Beech made it interesting but you can't make many mistakes against a team like Catholic and expect to come out looking pretty. 

My comment has nothing to do with whether or not I am happy for some of the players on Beech squad this year. I'm am simply refuting this delusion that Public schools don't also benefit similarly from new enrollees the same way private schools do as well. Parents or athletes just take different pathways to do so. 

At KC, you see the opportunity for athletic success so you pay to attend that school no matter your address. 

At a school like Beech or like Jackson County girls basketball that have track records of success, you move your kids into that school zone. Turns out there were 2 such instances this year that were definitely highlighted in the championship game. 

This conversely happened in Beechs' disadvantage two years ago in boys basketball. The best player "moved addresses" into Station Camp's zone... station camp made the state basketball tournament. 

There is just as much free flow between public school's as there is private is all I was trying to point out. Until recently KC was a second round and out playoff performer hovering around .500 each year but now it's a problem that they're a private school? 

27 minutes ago, dudedevil4x4 said:

My comment has nothing to do with whether or not I am happy for some of the players on Beech squad this year. I'm am simply refuting this delusion that Public schools don't also benefit similarly from new enrollees the same way private schools do as well. Parents or athletes just take different pathways to do so. 

At KC, you see the opportunity for athletic success so you pay to attend that school no matter your address. 

At a school like Beech or like Jackson County girls basketball that have track records of success, you move your kids into that school zone. Turns out there were 2 such instances this year that were definitely highlighted in the championship game. 

This conversely happened in Beechs' disadvantage two years ago in boys basketball. The best player "moved addresses" into Station Camp's zone... station camp made the state basketball tournament. 

There is just as much free flow between public school's as there is private is all I was trying to point out. Until recently KC was a second round and out playoff performer hovering around .500 each year but now it's a problem that they're a private school? 

One of those kids did not move, he got rezoned by the county into Beech.  He played where he was zoned.  

14 minutes ago, atrisk said:

4×4, I believe your "free flow" theory is way off base, but you explained your feelings well. I stated once before the whole tssaa system needs to be autited and possibly refined. 

I hate to make a blanket statement about the TSSAA as I'm sure that there are a handful of folks within the organization that truly have a vision in mind to make the governing body of TN High School Athletics as perfect and efficient as possible, but with so many moving parts, it's nearly impossible.  I believe that to restructure such an inept organization, some house cleaning has to occur......from the top down.  Some good 'ol common sense is in order.  Like any well run and efficient organization, there has to be checks and balances, and this is what I fail to see going on with the TSSAA.