Greenback 2017 state champions

orngnblk

1 hour ago, cherokean said:

Plus, you don't see a certain Region sweep any position very often...QB selections sweep up by Region 2!!!

Both would get my vote.GB QB was under valued, just a huge part of the overall success. Congrats To all  5 . You guys are gonna be a MESS next season.

7 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Oodles of respect & Congrats to Greenback. Making finals three years in a row is huge, with third time being your charm. Now that your train is full steam & y'all got that winning gold in your system, will anyone be able to stop your momentum? .. I know lots of homer fans will say "Yes our team can" (including myself pulling for Dresden to get another gold, and all the final four & elite eight teams thinking so as well).. It's no joke nor a fluke that you guys are winning like you are. You have served notice a new sheriff is in town, that you ain't a one-and-done team, & 1A teams better step it up a notch or two to dethrone the Cherokees. Love facing good, solid competition because it makes everyone better, ... well, those teams & programs with a winners heart & champions soul anyways. Can't wait to see the future unfold for everyone. Gonna be exciting for sure. 

Good post as always!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Coalfield getting some Transfers??

Would be bigger news if they didn't.  Its just the place to play football in that area..

My guess is you fellers will get some also, looks like a GREAT option to me. Thing is ,you guys don,t even need um.LOADED

58 minutes ago, pujo said:

Would be bigger news if they didn't.  Its just the place to play football in that area..

My guess is you fellers will get some also, looks like a GREAT option to me. Thing is ,you guys don,t even need um.LOADED

Usually my friend I try to avoid those statements but this time I have to agree with you!

23 hours ago, pujo said:

Don,t see Coalfield beating you guys regardless of how many transfers they pick up. They lost a bunch and you don,t replace Mckinny.

Yeah, it's a big blow losing McKinney.  But Coalfield usually works hard in the off season and fields a pretty good team every year.  I'm not saying we can beat Greenback by no means.  Coach Henry has done a good job in the past of coaching  these boys up when the time comes. 

9 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Yeah, it's a big blow losing McKinney.  But Coalfield usually works hard in the off season and fields a pretty good team every year.  I'm not saying we can beat Greenback by no means.  Coach Henry has done a good job in the past of coaching  these boys up when the time comes. 

Coalfield has 4 losses the past 2 years all to GB,every media outlet had CF winning our region (so did i) I personally think your coaching is your biggest problem,NO WAY should we have ran the table against you all this year,20 points up and you all looked like you all were dead at the half.Conditioning was horrible for you all-coaching,questionable play in every game not just ours-coaching,terrible non region schedule didnt have you all ready for the good team-coaching.We finally have a staff that actually wants to win the big ball games and puts the kids on the field who give it every play and doesnt care whos momma or daddy may get mad,and they have the kids physically ready.After 2018 its gonna take some real coaching from us,we will hit the turn hard.

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Coalfield has 4 losses the past 2 years all to GB,every media outlet had CF winning our region (so did i) I personally think your coaching is your biggest problem,NO WAY should we have ran the table against you all this year,20 points up and you all looked like you all were dead at the half.Conditioning was horrible for you all-coaching,questionable play in every game not just ours-coaching,terrible non region schedule didnt have you all ready for the good team-coaching.We finally have a staff that actually wants to win the big ball games and puts the kids on the field who give it every play and doesnt care whos momma or daddy may get mad,and they have the kids physically ready.After 2018 its gonna take some real coaching from us,we will hit the turn hard.

Maybe by 2019 we can get y’all. Greenback has a stranglehold on the east at the moment. 

On 1/4/2018 at 3:31 AM, orngnblk said:

Opinions vary, I think injuries was the biggest problem for us last year.  I know coach Henry has better winning percentage than Gary had but nobody perfect.