Greenback 2017 state champions

orngnblk

8 hours ago, ladykee said:

There was plenty of talent in previous years under other staff with difference being that Coach Ryan will play whoever he feels he needs to get the job done. He gets personal with the kids but does not let that dictate personnel as much as previous coaches have done. If you are a Freshman or Sophomore and better than an upperclassmen you typically will get the chance. As it should be. This ain't a game where you take a number and wait in line. You know Seniors first, then Juniors, then....get the picture. Personal friendships and off field relationships should have no place in coaching a team. That stuff has to be separate and is just the most respected way to do things and only fair to the whole team. Could have had a Gold ball already if things were done right especially in 2013 & 2014 & probably 2012.

No ma'am.. You weren't winning those years. Greenback is great right now, but those years they didn't have the ability to be a top team. The 2012 Gordonsville squad was loaded and had built that team for three seasons. The 2013 SP team was very good, but the 2013 Union City team was even better. The 2014 Union City team was one of the best 1A teams ever assembled. I know 1A football and you didn't want any part of those teams. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

No ma'am.. You weren't winning those years. Greenback is great right now, but those years they didn't have the ability to be a top team. The 2012 Gordonsville squad was loaded and had built that team for three seasons. The 2013 SP team was very good, but the 2013 Union City team was even better. The 2014 Union City team was one of the best 1A teams ever assembled. I know 1A football and you didn't want any part of those teams. 

Ok let me rephrase that "could have had a chance at the Gold ball". Nope, you'll come back with no chance so let's try this. "Could have had a chance at a silver ball". That better? Coalfield knocked us out 3 years straight and shouldn't have. Problem those years were we ran an Oregon style offense speed option which probably wasn't best suited for our entire personnel. Our RB was a good fit for it but we were run heavy and everybody knew it. Works best with a quick QB. Had a great receiver in 2013 who is now at D1 school but we didn't get him the ball enough. I honestly believe Coach Ryan's offensive scheme would have been different and definitely the play calling. We lost to Coalfield in last seconds of the game in 2014 when we were stifled offensively after beating them handily in regular season. That wiuld have been a great game vs SP that year in semis. 2015 welcomed Ryan and the rest is history. Wonder how 2015 NCS would have faired against 2014 Union City? Bituli was a beast and McGraw was pretty darn good!

8 hours ago, ladykee said:

Ok let me rephrase that "could have had a chance at the Gold ball". Nope, you'll come back with no chance so let's try this. "Could have had a chance at a silver ball". That better? Coalfield knocked us out 3 years straight and shouldn't have. Problem those years were we ran an Oregon style offense speed option which probably wasn't best suited for our entire personnel. Our RB was a good fit for it but we were run heavy and everybody knew it. Works best with a quick QB. Had a great receiver in 2013 who is now at D1 school but we didn't get him the ball enough. I honestly believe Coach Ryan's offensive scheme would have been different and definitely the play calling. We lost to Coalfield in last seconds of the game in 2014 when we were stifled offensively after beating them handily in regular season. That wiuld have been a great game vs SP that year in semis. 2015 welcomed Ryan and the rest is history. Wonder how 2015 NCS would have faired against 2014 Union City? Bituli was a beast and McGraw was pretty darn good!

I expected y'all to get your shot at Gordonsville in 2012, but I remember being shocked that Coalfield upset you. That 2012 Gordonsville team had an offensive line that looked about like Coalfield's this year, but a lot better. And the athletes..... wow. The 2013 SP team beat Coalfield like a yard dog in the semifinals, but ran into a very good UC team. You wouldn't have played SP that 2014 season in the semifinals because we were horrible and got put out by Copper Basin. Monterey was in the semifinals. Everyone knew that year that the winner of Coalfield and Greenback was going to advance to Cookeville and get the silver ball. Those Union City teams were just loaded. Anyway congrats to Greenback again on the 2017 gold ball. You are the odds on favorite to do it again in 2018. 

56 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I expected y'all to get your shot at Gordonsville in 2012, but I remember being shocked that Coalfield upset you. That 2012 Gordonsville team had an offensive line that looked about like Coalfield's this year, but a lot better. And the athletes..... wow. The 2013 SP team beat Coalfield like a yard dog in the semifinals, but ran into a very good UC team. You wouldn't have played SP that 2014 season in the semifinals because we were horrible and got put out by Copper Basin. Monterey was in the semifinals. Everyone knew that year that the winner of Coalfield and Greenback was going to advance to Cookeville and get the silver ball. Those Union City teams were just loaded. Anyway congrats to Greenback again on the 2017 gold ball. You are the odds on favorite to do it again in 2018. 

Barney what kind of mess is this? While we was at that Tucker mans field  this weekend that orgnblk man drawed that durn sideline play out in my Murphy Fair book so I can show it to Grider.  I garuntee you our boys will be ready for that mess next year.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, ladykee said:

Agree we had a strong shot at the Silver ball in 2014. Ambassador has it right we would have played Monterrey had we held out against Coalfield. If you remember, we were up with 80 seconds to go and our defensive gave up a touchdown with something like 17 seconds left on the clock. Had we held on, I think we'd have rolled Monterrey and gotten to Cookeville.

Oh well. It's not like I've been dwelling on that for three years... LOL. 

6 hours ago, 1925Kee said:

Agree we had a strong shot at the Silver ball in 2014. Ambassador has it right we would have played Monterrey had we held out against Coalfield. If you remember, we were up with 80 seconds to go and our defensive gave up a touchdown with something like 17 seconds left on the clock. Had we held on, I think we'd have rolled Monterrey and gotten to Cookeville.

Oh well. It's not like I've been dwelling on that for three years... LOL. 

5 years and yes i have been dwelling on it! Would love to have 2012 over and Gordonsville to come to Greenback to play us whether they were loaded or not I would love to seen that game! 2014 was a no-brainer  there is no way in the world we should have been sitting at home!We were loaded in 2012 just shy on our coaching!!

Edited by orngnblk