Region 7AA - Districts 13AA/14/AA Tournament Thread

TennSportsFan77

16 hours ago, TennSportsFan77 said:

Boys opening round of games are Saturday 2/24

Crockett County hosts Lexington

McNairy Central hosts South Gibson

Jackson South Side hosts Milan

Dyersburg hosts Jackson North Side

Dyersburg vs NS should be a great game. Two #1 seeds when tournaments started. Dyersburg at home by 2

Crokett over Lexington by 8

SS over Milan by 23

SG at McNairy should also be a great game. Mcnairy by 1

I don't think McNairy will overlook South Gibson. They played them in a scrimmage before the season started and it didn't go well for the Bobcats. Its been a few months and they are a different team. But, they know they will be in for a battle. Outside of Southside/Milan, I believe all 3 games are toss-ups and any of those teams can win.

1 hour ago, LetMeHearYA said:

I don't think McNairy will overlook South Gibson. They played them in a scrimmage before the season started and it didn't go well for the Bobcats. Its been a few months and they are a different team. But, they know they will be in for a battle. Outside of Southside/Milan, I believe all 3 games are toss-ups and any of those teams can win.

Totally agree. McNairy won't overlook anyone...they were generally thought of as a middle to low end of the district team before the season, and have progressed into (imo) the best team in the district. They lost a nail biter to South Side in the championship game, where one kid had the game of his life to beat them. Coach Riley is the real deal, and is in his first season...they may lose, but they aren't apt to take anyone for granted.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Totally agree. McNairy won't overlook anyone...they were generally thought of as a middle to low end of the district team before the season, and have progressed into (imo) the best team in the district. They lost a nail biter to South Side in the championship game, where one kid had the game of his life to beat them. Coach Riley is the real deal, and is in his first season...they may lose, but they aren't apt to take anyone for granted.

Nail biter? That one kid #21 went bananas til about mid way thru the 3rd. And they froze him out and he went cold. McBride put on a clinic. It wasn't close enough to be called a nail biter. IMO

Edited by RealisticFan45

16 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Nail biter? That one kid #21 went bananas til about mid way thru the 3rd. And they froze him out and he went cold. McBride put on a clinic. It wasn't close enough to be called a nail biter. IMO

The kid who "went bananas" was #4 from South Side...missed hardly a shot all night. JSS did lead early and late, but MC led at the half, and for a long period of time. Nail biter in the last minute, not...nail biter of a game, I think it was.