Sumner and Wilson County FBall

On 8/12/2018 at 11:53 AM, MrFootball71 said:

Picks for week 1

Wilson Central 21 Beech 17   The Bucs have not played well in the preseason, Wildcats win 

Mount Juliet 56  Glencliff 0  The Bears start their creampuff schedule

Station Camp 21  Antioch 14  Flipped a coin on this one, don’t know much about either team

Gallatin 42  Springfield 35  Wave win in a shoot out, both teams will have a good year

Lebanon 24  Trousdale County 21  Start of a big year for the Devils

Blackman 45  Hendersonville 17  This one will be over early, Blaze are loaded

Blackman HHS game definitely was not over early!!

We were both wrong on Beech.  May be a long year for WC

9 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Lebanon 16

Trousdale Co 12

Final

Mt. Juliet 63

Glencliff 0

Final

Beech 35

Wilson Central 21

Final

Springfield 31

Gallatin 26

Final

Blackman 28

Hendersonville 10

Final

Station Camp 32

Antioch 12

Final

LEBANON - Silently making strides and may surprise a couple teams this season. Beat Trousdale on the Creekbank.

MOUNT JULIET - Did exactly what they were supposed to do. They gotta take Glencliff of the non region schedule next year somehow. I don't see how that benefits either team. Mount Juliet can't feel too good for the beatdown. Glencliff needs to try and schedule some wins, so maybe the spirit will be brought back to their program. Bears should look into a home & home opening week matchup with any powerhouse 4A-6A program next year to get a good look for postseason.

BEECH - Beat down WC pretty good... And I felt that Crabtree was going to have that team ready come game 1, which he did just that. This is why you can't invest too much thought into what happens preseason 

WILSON CENTRAL -  Looks like their talent is going to Lebanon and MJ, not looking too promising after week 1

GALLATIN - Needed to play the entire game with a sense of urgency like the 4th qtr when they moved the ball at will. They will have to clean up all the penalties and T/O's. Pretty much the same things that determined their season last year. Gotta be able to correct those things at some point. Until they clean up these types of mistakes they will continue to be on the losing end of the down-to-the-wire type of games this year.

HENDERSONVILLE - I think this team will be fine when region play comes along. They gave Blackman all they wanted that game. They let Blaze rb loose for a couple long TD runs that ultimately cost them, but Blackman isn't an easy task to deal with. Neither is Centennial who they play next week! So way to go Hendersonville for scheduling these type of games. Reminds me of when Hville, Gallatin, Beech & MJ would all schedule Rutherford County matchups every year in the not-so distant past. Those are much more exciting to watch. Again, Kudos H-ville for that.

STATION CAMP - Beat a pretty bad Antioch team. We will know more about the Bison next week after playing Gallatin.

• Like 1

One game does not define our season. We had some new kids that didn’t play to their potential last night but that happens when you get in under the lights for the first time. Our kids fought to the very end and scored 14 late. We didn’t quit. Keep sleeping because we will be rolling by district play. Go Wildcats!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

LEBANON - Silently making strides and may surprise a couple teams this season. Beat Trousdale on the Creekbank.

MOUNT JULIET - Did exactly what they were supposed to do. They gotta take Glencliff of the non region schedule next year somehow. I don't see how that benefits either team. Mount Juliet can't feel too good for the beatdown. Glencliff needs to try and schedule some wins, so maybe the spirit will be brought back to their program. Bears should look into a home & home opening week matchup with any powerhouse 4A-6A program next year to get a good look for postseason.

BEECH - Beat down WC pretty good... And I felt that Crabtree was going to have that team ready come game 1, which he did just that. This is why you can't invest too much thought into what happens preseason 

WILSON CENTRAL -  Looks like their talent is going to Lebanon and MJ, not looking too promising after week 1

GALLATIN - Needed to play the entire game with a sense of urgency like the 4th qtr when they moved the ball at will. They will have to clean up all the penalties and T/O's. Pretty much the same things that determined their season last year. Gotta be able to correct those things at some point. Until they clean up these types of mistakes they will continue to be on the losing end of the down-to-the-wire type of games this year.

HENDERSONVILLE - I think this team will be fine when region play comes along. They gave Blackman all they wanted that game. They let Blaze rb loose for a couple long TD runs that ultimately cost them, but Blackman isn't an easy task to deal with. Neither is Centennial who they play next week! So way to go Hendersonville for scheduling these type of games. Reminds me of when Hville, Gallatin, Beech & MJ would all schedule Rutherford County matchups every year in the not-so distant past. Those are much more exciting to watch. Again, Kudos H-ville for that.

STATION CAMP - Beat a pretty bad Antioch team. We will know more about the Bison next week after playing Gallatin.

Lebanon isn't gonna surprise anybody this year. The only teams they won't be expected to beat are Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet. And they beat Hendersonville last year. So yeah they aren't gonna sneak up on anybody.

You are absolutely right about Mt. Juliet scheduling Glencliff. That does nothing aside from give your younger players some reps. If they truly believe they are a top notch program then they need to look around at your other top programs and schedule real competition for non-region games. heck look at TC they scheduled 6A Lebanon, 4A Macon Co., Whitwell, Friendship Christian and Gordonsville for their non-region schedule. Playing Glencliff, Clarksville NW, Overton and McGavock does nothing to get you ready for the 6A playoffs.

The talent just hasn't been there for Wilson Central. The Jr. Highs that feed into Wilson Central haven't been that good for awhile.

On paper it looks like a decent win for Station Camp. They lost to Antioch last year and this year won by 20. And Antioch supposedly had more coming back than Station Camp. I seen them against Smith County last week. They won't be that good this year but I do believe they are better than last year.

13 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Here it is... The way too early to know anything regular season predictions for this group.

Mt Juliet  10-0

Hendersonville 7-3/8-2

Beech 7-3/8-2

Lebanon 7-3/8-2

Wilson Central 5-5

Gallatin 4-6

Station Camp 3-7