2018 Sequatchie Valley Jamboree Schedule

Southtowner

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I hear Jasper is loaded with athletes and will be running their offense from the spread formation.  

Loaded may be a stretch lol. We just dont have the big backs we've had in recent years that we can run right at people. We're going to have to spread people out and get in space. This season will be used to get the system in place for 2019 and the future. We have a ton of athletes coming up through the ranks. Whether or not they stay together or even play remains to be seen. If they do we could have some of the best teams we've ever had for 6 or 7 years starting in the next couple years.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Loaded may be a stretch lol. We just dont have the big backs we've had in recent years that we can run right at people. We're going to have to spread people out and get in space. This season will be used to get the system in place for 2019 and the future. We have a ton of athletes coming up through the ranks. Whether or not they stay together or even play remains to be seen. If they do we could have some of the best teams we've ever had for 6 or 7 years starting in the next couple years.

Be sure and keep those younger ones fed. If they start going hungry they might fall into that trap and start following that trail of fudge rounds that leads to the west of ya. Before you know it ole Roy will be opening the doors to his house built of fudge rounds and Red Bull's. Then you'll never get them youngens back. 

18 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Be sure and keep those younger ones fed. If they start going hungry they might fall into that trap and start following that trail of fudge rounds that leads to the west of ya. Before you know it ole Roy will be opening the doors to his house built of fudge rounds and Red Bull's. Then you'll never get them youngens back. 

We had one that left because of family that will be in middle school at sp next year. He is a Mr Football type in the making. The rest have played together for 5 or 6 yrs. Would be the best collection of athletes we've ever had here. Still a long ways to go though. 

Edited by PurplePower68

4 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Ever... is a big stretch. Marion’s best chance to get back to Cookeville will be in 2021. Trousdale County should be great the next 3 years. Tyner should be very, very good again this season and 2019. I think the 2018 Marion County team will be a pretty good team though. I don’t expect a pushover at all. I also do not think Coach Mathis will stay much longer.  I’m not sure who will leave first.. him or Coach Grider. 

3 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

We had one that left because of family that will be in middle school at sp next year. He is a Mr Football type in the making. The rest have played together for 5 or 6 yrs. Would be the best collection of athletes we've ever had here. Still a long ways to go though. 

That sounds promising.  Who is this kid? I haven’t heard much about our middle school. 

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ever... is a big stretch. Marion’s best chance to get back to Cookeville will be in 2021. Trousdale County should be great the next 3 years. Tyner should be very, very good again this season and 2019. I think the 2018 Marion County team will be a pretty good team though. I don’t expect a pushover at all. I also do not think Coach Mathis will stay much longer.  I’m not sure who will leave first.. him or Coach Grider. 

EVER.... Just hoping they stay together. 2019 will be a good year for us and 2020 could be our year. Lot of variables though. Tyner will be strong this year as well as TC the next few years. For some reason we have had a lot of success with TC. Hopefully that stays that way. 

As far as coaches I'm not sure. It's hard to compete with GA money and Coach Mathis is sought after by a couple schools. Be hard to keep him. 3 yrs at the most for Coach Grider. When these sophomores graduate there will be a significant dropoff for sp.

27 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

EVER.... Just hoping they stay together. 2019 will be a good year for us and 2020 could be our year. Lot of variables though. Tyner will be strong this year as well as TC the next few years. For some reason we have had a lot of success with TC. Hopefully that stays that way. 

As far as coaches I'm not sure. It's hard to compete with GA money and Coach Mathis is sought after by a couple schools. Be hard to keep him. 3 yrs at the most for Coach Grider. When these sophomores graduate there will be a significant dropoff for sp.

Trousdale County’s roster last season showed a large freshman class. I did some research on their website. That team killed folks when they were in middle school.  As for SP.. we have dropped before and we will drop and rise again.  As for Coach Grider I’ve heard he doesn’t have a lot of time left before he retires and goes to another state. Are you talking about the kid that played at SP then went to Jasper for a year then came back to SP? I think he’s a freshman this season.  He has a brother?

8 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Trousdale County’s roster last season showed a large freshman class. I did some research on their website. That team killed folks when they were in middle school.  As for SP.. we have dropped before and we will drop and rise again.  As for Coach Grider I’ve heard he doesn’t have a lot of time left before he retires and goes to another state. Are you talking about the kid that played at SP then went to Jasper for a year then came back to SP? I think he’s a freshman this season.  He has a brother?

Yeah it kinda cycles around usually. Yeah the brother should be a freshman. His younger brother is the real deal.