Springfield Yellow Jackets

Kevin38

11 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

And this seems to the case most years as far back as I can remember.....

Yall had the numbers when we played so I wonder why coach does that? I know you want your best players on the field at all times but most of the top teams 3a and up has very few kids who play 2ways

3 hours ago, JacketLover said:

The coaches do a great job of rotating the players in and out when the depth is there, so the kids playing both ways get a little more rest than it would appear. 

This is true, the philosophy has always been the best players will start/play on both sides of the ball, but as he stated they do rotate players in quite a bit and that enables them to build depth without too much of a drop off concerning performance.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Looking forward to seeing that new stadium in a few weeks.  Hope we can find somebody, anybody to cover “Fat Cat”.  Kid is a special player.  

I hope it’s not a turnover fest like it was last season.....for us of course haha. See ya in 15 days. Safe travels

Always enjoy this game.  There is so much history between the 2 teams.  I hope I like the new venue.  The old field I thought was really cool and old school with the tightness of the field and kicking the ball into the neighborhood on the one side.  The people of Springfield have always been good fans and active in their support win or lose.  I will say again that Dustin Wilson was a great fit and really helped the program.  

• Like 1