Waverly vs Huntingdon

vandyfan1

What a game! Two big time small town football programs. A seasons worth of big plays. Two extremely talented QB's. Stadium full of gorgeous women! Haven't seen any stats. The total yardage is probably higher than I can count. I'm football smart but that's about it. Mustangs are good. #11 and # 37  are going to be sore in the morning. Both are real competitors. Mustangs still undefeated on our turf. I think both teams have a lot of mutual respect now.

• Like 1

Well I’ll say this... Huntingdon is a GREAT team. Probably the most explosive team I’ve seen in awhile. 

Not gonna lie... I’m a little hurt by how easily Huntingdon scored on Waverly. Huntingdon is stacked with speed. #9 is a man child. I wouldn’t say he is a QB but he is definitely an athlete. 

I’m not going to make excuses for Waverly because Huntingdon handed it to Waverly hard tonight.

I am proud of our QB Gavin Stanfield. He did his thing in the air and on his feet. He had a hard time making things happen with no O Line blocking up front. 

JD Dixon put in work tonight! Super proud of him. Him and Stanfield hooked up for some big plays. And that kick return was nasty.

I think both teams will be hurting tomorrow for sure.

Congrats to Huntingdon for putting Waverly in check. Hopefully we grow from tonight’s game.

Waverlys D and Offensive Line need some major work if we’re going to contend past the Quarter Finals.

I honestly see Huntingdon going as far as they want to. Very impressed. We couldn’t stop them from scoring.

Well I said it before...the only way someone can put it to Waverly is if they out score them and that’s exactly what Huntingdon did.

Thankful we have a bye week next week. Good luck Stangs! One heck of a team y’all got! 

11 minutes ago, Waker said:

Waverly had no answer for stopping our #20. He was in Waverly’s backfield more than the running back. He could have easily had 8 or more sacks. Well, not easily, because #11 is a player. Never understood why Waverly didn’t make some changes to account for him.

For you Waverly duck hunters. # 20 is Bo Mclemore. His grand dad was Mike Mclemore former world champion duck caller.

Before I say anything the mustang are a good solid foot ball team. The previous quote about Waverly line being awful I disagree with. NOBODY will hold the mustang out of the backfield for thirty seconds. You have to get rid of foot all quicker. Yes he made some outstanding plays but also lost a bunch of yards. I also think if Waverly had more direction on defense they would be better . Any coach with 3rd and nine and 10 men in the box is gonna throw the ball just my opinion