Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

The Cats don't have enuff offense yet.It took about 5 games before they got it rolling last yr.I think this game is really close. 14-13.And like last yr I think the Cats will look like a different team by the end of the yr.Any team with size up front will hurt Oak Ridge.DB is always big.Cats need to get some kind of a passing game going.Dont see Oak Ridge winning if they cant throw downfield.Dont have the OL to run at good teams all night.Go Wildcats.Weather should be perfect

6 hours ago, bounder said:

Just to put this back on top ... Packer picked Oak Ridge by 21 in fact all three picked Oak Ridge.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Packer also said that DB fans were 'overreacting' to the Greeneville loss. Yeah, right. 

Packer did make a good point about Witten interviewing for the DB job but not being hired. He mentioned that Witten's Cyclones just beat DB's biggest rivals, and those same biggest rivals would probably beat DB shortly. 

Packer is hardly a savant, but I give him credit for that point. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

The Cats don't have enuff offense yet.It took about 5 games before they got it rolling last yr.I think this game is really close. 14-13.And like last yr I think the Cats will look like a different team by the end of the yr.Any team with size up front will hurt Oak Ridge.DB is always big.Cats need to get some kind of a passing game going.Dont see Oak Ridge winning if they cant throw downfield.Dont have the OL to run at good teams all night.Go Wildcats.Weather should be perfect

I agree with your points about the line and the passing game. I'll take your score too...I'm very worried about their size after watching the Gaddis show.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rolltriberoll said:

Packer also said that DB fans were 'overreacting' to the Greeneville loss. Yeah, right. 

Packer did make a good point about Witten interviewing for the DB job but not being hired. He mentioned that Witten's Cyclones just beat DB's biggest rivals, and those same biggest rivals would probably beat DB shortly. 

Packer is hardly a savant, but I give him credit for that point. 

Well know if we were overreacting after tonight. Oak Ridge is a good (not great) team this year. If Oak Ridge wins by 21 it will be clear the DB fans are right. 

I said (as did others) that if you were going to hire a local coach it needed to be Witten, considering Ballard would never take the job. But I still thought that would be a dumb ideal because you had two other coaches from out of state that were a much better choice and that were interested in the job. Most people that knew how things work in Kingsport knew it was going to be a inside hire but we were hoping for a miracle. They were just not going to bring in a "outside" coach and have him tare down the play house. Anybody with half a brain knows that "national search" was nothing but smoke and mirrors. Christian is a good guy, everybody likes him, he's a very good line coach. We'll see as the season goes along if they did the right thing.