Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

37 minutes ago, Cruiser27 said:

I don't think anything in Region 1 is a given as I can assure South Greene is taking nothing for granted. SG has to worry about Grainger and Greeneville, then Sullivan Central and the others in District 1 before worrying about Northview. As they saw last year with Greeneville in regionals you have to show up every night. I haven't seen Northview but my daughter played AAU with some of their players so I know they should be really good. Should be pretty interesting come tourney time.

I know you don't want to be too confident but I think Region 1 is pretty close to a lock.   It will just come down to who is 1 and who is 2.   I only bring up Northview because nobody is talking about them.  I would not be shocked if they play the spoiler to someone's season this year.  Thats the team out of the other region you don't want to play.   

On 1/19/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tez2319 said:

Yeap always a thriller!! 

On 1/19/2019 at 10:55 AM, dmm88 said:

Game of the week in West TN: Chester County at South Side on Tuesday night. Winner in sole possession of first place. Expecting a good crowd.

South Side with the easy win!! 91-69 statement game!! 

12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

South Side looked really good tonight... play like that, they're capable of beating anyone in the state. They could really cause some problems come tournament time.

I am taking number 1 & 2 any day! If we get a freshman or a 3rd scorer we are Murfreesboro bound! 

9 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

This isn't really an "Early" pick but if you want a sleeper team out of the East in AA you better keep an eye on Northview Academy.    District isn't that good but I have seen them play and that team is dangerous.   I expect to see them climbing the polls throughout the year.    All loses were to AAA teams.  Could push South Greene or Grainger out of a spot.

I see that Northview lost a close one to Jefferson County AAA early in the season, and there will be a rematch. I saw Jefferson play several games in Greeneville's Ladies Classic the past couple of years and they are tough—especially their guards. Good Luck to Northview.

Crockett County and Southside are the two best teams from AA in west Tennessee.  Greenfield is back to full strength and playing well but Crockett County was the better team tonight. Awesome ball game. Edie Darby is back and Greenfield is clicking now. I wish we could play Gibson County again before tournaments. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan