Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

45 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

When's basketball season start?

Someone said to me a few months ago that basketball was the only big sport we didn't win a state championship over the last year at Greeneville.I said thank goodness I'm not a basketball fan.Besides,that's a great strength training time for the football players that don't wrestle or play basketball.So I hope basketball doesn't start until December in Greeneville and up here considering the strength program , I'd go ahead and start lacing up the sneakers.

If Science Hill plays clean football they are tough to beat. Lots of new kids on the field the past 2 weeks for the first time that are growing up quickly. They have faced lots of adversity the last two weeks and never blinked. Battled to the end of both games that could of gone either way with 1 play here or there. Its always a fun battle when these two great communities compete on the football field. This game should be no different with our big guys in the trenches leading the way and wearing DB down leading to a 2-3 TD margin for the hill in the end. 

Oh how Social Media and the DB football site on Facebook is getting crashed by haters of this coach ......But the band parents and the best friends of Coach are playing the "oh he will turn it around give him a chance , oh he is a great man (Clark Jr I guess ) , oh , oh oh .... quit the crap , He clearly sucks , sucks , sucks !!!

Anyway ... most years by now this Topic has 30 pages but I think all the DB fans are waiting for some excitement  ..... Like two touchdowns , a win , a i pad getting yanked out of the coaches hand by a fan from the bleachers , a Joke from Clark that "this is all a joke and I'm back " - heck I'd even take Clark back at this point, Pal Barger taking a bulldozer to the Jumbo Tron , the band director taking over the head coaching job (might work ) , etc. 

some excitment please !!

Edited by kingindian33

5 hours ago, toppernationfan said:

If Science Hill plays clean football they are tough to beat. Lots of new kids on the field the past 2 weeks for the first time that are growing up quickly. They have faced lots of adversity the last two weeks and never blinked. Battled to the end of both games that could of gone either way with 1 play here or there. Its always a fun battle when these two great communities compete on the football field. This game should be no different with our big guys in the trenches leading the way and wearing DB down leading to a 2-3 TD margin for the hill in the end. 

What's up with the Morrison kid? Is he injured? Noticed he didn't play at all last night vs Ooltewah.

57 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

Oh how Social Media and the DB football site on Facebook is getting crashed by haters of this coach ......But the band parents and the best friends of Coach are playing the "oh he will turn it around give him a chance , oh he is a great man (Clark Jr I guess ) , oh , oh oh .... quit the crap , He clearly sucks , sucks , sucks !!!

Anyway ... most years by now this Topic has 30 pages but I think all the DB fans are waiting for some excitement  ..... Like two touchdowns , a win , a i pad getting yanked out of the coaches hand by a fan from the bleachers , a Joke from Clark that "this is all a joke and I'm back " - heck I'd even take Clark back at this point, Pal Barger taking a bulldozer to the Jumbo Tron , the band director taking over the head coaching job (might work ) , etc. 

some excitment please !!

If I could get one pick out of your list it would be for Pal taking a bulldozer to that  commercial billboard .Atleast have replays of most every play and do the commercials before or after the game.

Edited by BatmanDevil

9 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

some excitment please !!

You have some good points, but keep in mind that DB has just played 2 very top tier teams.   Greeneville and OR are going to body-slam many teams this year, so give your coach a little latitude because there will be some easier/more-winnable games coming up.     It would be hard for Nick Saban to come to Kingsport and beat Greeneville and OR in his first 2 games.    If you had the schedule of a few years ago where you played mostly local teams you would be 2-0 right now.    ANd yes, before anyone responds, even this DB team would still beat Sullivan Central, Boone, Volunteer, South, etc..   It may not be the typical 65-7 score but you would win.     So hang in there, the 2nd half of the season will be better for DB.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

You have some good points, but keep in mind that DB has just played 2 very top tier teams.   Greeneville and OR are going to body-slam many teams this year, so give your coach a little latitude because there will be some easier/more-winnable games coming up.     It would be hard for Nick Saban to come to Kingsport and beat Greeneville and OR in his first 2 games.    If you had the schedule of a few years ago where you played mostly local teams you would be 2-0 right now.    ANd yes, before anyone responds, even this DB team would still beat Sullivan Central, Boone, Volunteer, South, etc..   It may not be the typical 65-7 score but you would win.     So hang in there, the 2nd half of the season will be better for DB.

DB should win some games.These first two and Alcoa won't count like the conference and making the playoffs.Yep, I'm thinking of Herm Edwards and PLAYOFFS !! There are several winnable games.The problem is how things go over the coming weeks.If it's handled well by the leadership from the coaches to the players,we could see improvement.If it's not and guys are throwing each other under the bus,then we could really see something ugly.First thing is for the leadership to man up and take responsibility.Then everyone with any kind of pride go to work today and give SH everything you can.What would be the worse thing is to see people start hanging it up and that along with not getting players out has happened way to much over the years.Its up to the team to light a fire and get better .You best know fans are going to be upset and that comes with it.The best way for everyone to be happy is to just beat the living hail out of SH and if you can't,make sure they knew you were there.

Edited by BatmanDevil

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

DB should win some games.These first two and Alcoa won't count like the conference and making the playoffs.Yep, I'm thinking of Herm Edwards and PLAYOFFS !! There are several winnable games.The problem is how things go over the coming weeks.If it's handled well by the leadership from the coaches to the players,we could see improvement.If it's not and guys are throwing each other under the bus,then we could really see something ugly.First thing is for the leadership to man up and take responsibility.Then everyone with any kind of pride go to work today and give SH everything you can.What would be the worse thing is to see people start hanging it up and that along with not getting players out has happened way to much over the years.Its up to the team to light a fire and get better .You best know fans are going to be upset and that comes with it.The best way for everyone to be happy is to just beat the living hail out of SH and if you can't,make sure they knew you were there.

To late. The wheels are coming off.