Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

8 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Good breakdown... I can agree with the bottom line too.  I'm not sure the running game depth is a big factor with DB's ability to throw it.

I take that as the score being the bottom line and it could be anything.Now all jokes aside.The DB band could in fact be a huge difference if they play at the right times.They are much better then back in 2005 when DB had the ball at the South one yard line and the DB band cranked up.Maybe it was a freak thing but DB fumbled and South came close to winning that one.

5 hours ago, theoldfootballman said:

What offensive weapons are you speaking of at DB?  3 points against the devils and 12 points against OR.  And 9 of those points were against 2nd team defenses. Yeah that offensive has got some weapons. Right. SH wins this game. 

Look at Sonny Moore PR:  Greeneville 152 and Oak Ridge 140 vs. Elizabethton 122 and Ooltewah 122 (DB is at 120)

DB has one of the better QB's in NET; no blazing speed with receivers but plenty of guys that can catch and make plays; one of the best running backs in NET but in desperate need of a solid backup - which he will have in #4 when he returns; their line is always big and solid.  No Malik Foreman in the backfield but they have the tools to move the ball and score - especially against a mediocre defense like SH (but hey its early).

I think SH may be getting ready for some more humble pie... if not this weekend then certainly when they face the Devils!  Score early and often and you probably handle the beat up Injuns.  Better sneak in some guys from ETSU when prepping for them Greene Devils! :blink:

5 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Look at Sonny Moore PR:  Greeneville 152 and Oak Ridge 140 vs. Elizabethton 122 and Ooltewah 122 (DB is at 120)

DB has one of the better QB's in NET; no blazing speed with receivers but plenty of guys that can catch and make plays; one of the best running backs in NET but in desperate need of a solid backup - which he will have in #4 when he returns; their line is always big and solid.  No Malik Foreman in the backfield but they have the tools to move the ball and score - especially against a mediocre defense like SH (but hey its early).

I think SH may be getting ready for some more humble pie... if not this weekend then certainly when they face the Devils!  Score early and often and you probably handle the beat up Injuns.  Better sneak in some guys from ETSU when prepping for them Greene Devils! :blink:

I'm by no means looking past SH,Elizabethton or anyone for that matter.My Devils or SH either one could be eating humble pie.Your 100% correct,DB has some big boys up front and two were the biggest on last years team.A great running back who does know what the weight room is made for.The QB has size and a good arm.Yes they are more then capable.They just ran into a couple of hot teams.

Here is something that I heard on the Tennessee call in show last night that I thought a lot of coaches could use.In short.When ask about using his defensive schemes and so on at UT and how he would work it . Coach Pruitt said like when working with high school players,he would use what was best for the players and talent they had,not what he maybe wanted to do .In other words,give the players you have,their best chance of winning.If I heard him right,UT only has 9 seniors .That says to me, it's probably going to take a while and UT fans may have to be a little patient.

16 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

SH found 34 points against a really talented EHS - no way DB defense can compare. 

SH didn't "find" points against EHS, they earned them the old fashioned way, by nearly doubling up EHS in yardage.  SH should have won that game easily.  I have no idea how DB will look tomorrow night, but SH has to be a solid favorite IMO.

29 minutes ago, Tribal said:

SH didn't "find" points against EHS, they earned them the old fashioned way, by nearly doubling up EHS in yardage.  SH should have won that game easily.  I have no idea how DB will look tomorrow night, but SH has to be a solid favorite IMO.

The difference in DB as opposed to the past 5-10 years is this year the have no offense. They haven't had a decent defense since Darrell Watson left and this year their even worse. In years past they were able to at least put a couple TD's on the board. Science Hill will score as much as they want. If SH's defense is as bad as everyone says DB should be able to put a couple TD's and maybe a field goal on the board. So I say something like 56-17. It's on TV so SH might try to make it even worse.

31 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Semantics... my point was that SH “found a way” to produce offensive yards and points against a good EHS team.  You verified my point by saying how many yards they produced relative to Betsy (I wasn’t privy to the box score details).  My expectation is that DB has a weaker D than EHS. I will again predict - like you - that SH wins.

BTW - the only stat that really matters is the final score.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The difference in DB as opposed to the past 5-10 years is this year the have no offense. They haven't had a decent defense since Darrell Watson left and this year their even worse. In years past they were able to at least put a couple TD's on the board. Science Hill will score as much as they want. If SH's defense is as bad as everyone says DB should be able to put a couple TD's and maybe a field goal on the board. So I say something like 56-17. It's on TV so SH might try to make it even worse.

Knowing the game is on TV, would Carter intentionally try to run up the sc......     Oh wait, nevermind..