Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

2 minutes ago, bounder said:

DB can move the ball but only between the 30's then they shoot themselves in the foot. The stats in the OR game are deceiving, by the stats the score should have been a lot closer. But it wasn't!

They have a big strong back and a huge OL..  Hicks was effective against Oak Ridge and the pass wasn't working.  Why in the world did they not continue to pound away at our young and undersized DL   Didn't make sense to me.

I know a lot of people have been talking about how bad SH's defense is, myself included. I have to give them some credit though. They came up with a big stop last week that got them a big win. Ooltewah has a good team. Their offense has a lot of weapons and they were carving up the Topper defense most of the night. And honestly when they scored at the end of last week's game and went for two I thought for sure they had it. 

This SH defense is young, especially in the secondary. I think I heard they have one starter from last year in that group. But I do think they grew up a little bit last week and showed some improvement from game 1. DB will be a tough test. I don't care how the Indians looked in weeks 1 and 2. SH is their biggest rival, the game will be on tv and the Indians are desperate for a win right now. I highly doubt this ends up being a blowout. I'll be surprised if it's not  a close game.

Seriously though,this is not coach carter at South and a few of those smart remarks still coming his way.Sure he wants to win and leave no doubt because the longer a team is in the game the better your chances of a loss..Coach Christian wants to win and no doubt in my mind that he was put in a very bad situation against a schedule meant to take a few azz beatings.There is still a couple of very tough teams out there for the Tribe after SH who has beat DB since a lot of these kids were in grade school

Week 1 the Defense played really well at Elizabethton. Left with a short field most of the night and in a hole. Gave up a little over 200 yards to a very good offense. 

Week 2- The QB and RB are as good of a combo as anyone in the state. I don't see anyone completely shutting them down. They ran all over Maryville last year till the RB went down. SHHS Defense gave up a couple big plays and made some mistakes last week. Lots of youngsters still learning

Game day amigos...       One point of clarification.....   Just because the Tribe takes this game 17-14 does not mean an 8-0 run to finish the season, 1st place in the region, and a tasty Maryville sandwich in the playoffs.     DB still has some challenging games ahead and will probably finish no better than 6-4.   But I don't think the wheels are completely off the bus at this point.    Really expected a little more chatter on this thread from DB guys, I don't think SH has any fans left on the T.      Game on.....

22 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Game day amigos...       One point of clarification.....   Just because the Tribe takes this game 17-14 does not mean an 8-0 run to finish the season, 1st place in the region, and a tasty Maryville sandwich in the playoffs.     DB still has some challenging games ahead and will probably finish no better than 6-4.   But I don't think the wheels are completely off the bus at this point.    Really expected a little more chatter on this thread from DB guys, I don't think SH has any fans left on the T.      Game on.....

LOL! This game will be over by the end of the first quarter. Sad but true.

9 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

LOL! This game will be over by the end of the first quarter. Sad but true.

No way man, come on, Science Hill is not great but they are going to hang with DB until the very end.   They have a lot of speed in the offensive backfield and some very shifty runners and that will keep them in the game.    This one goes down to the wire.....

You can do the research on here from nearly ten years ago.I said last years DB team and the year before was going to be loaded.Last years schedule was very nice for the team they could have had.No the depth wasn't what it should have been and I can write pages on some stupid shet there.Still,DB could have,better yet should have won some games that they didn't and atleast got to Maryville.This year the schedule is set up for a good Maryville team and we will see first hand how they matchup with Alcoa anyway.This team has talent and should win a few games but had I been the coach last year and wanted to leave with a little pride,I wouldn't have waited until this year either.Coach Christian done some other coaches a favor by taking this job.Not a very easy fix and it will take some major changes and some bold moves .I just don't know if he has been given the key that just opens the car door or actually can be put into the ignition and drive it.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

They will be 31 points scored by the end of halftime. Its a 40 something to 30 something game the HILL. Too many weapons in the end and 2 close tight games will help the Hilltoppers. DB first 2 games been over before halftime.

31 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

You can do the research on here from nearly ten years ago.I said last years DB team and the year before was going to be loaded.Last years schedule was very nice for the team they could have had.No the depth wasn't what it should have been and I can write pages on some stupid shet there.Still,DB could have,better yet should have won some games that they didn't and atleast got to Maryville.This year the schedule is set up for a good Maryville team and we will see first hand how they matchup with Alcoa anyway.This team has talent and should win a few games but had I been the coach last year and wanted to leave with a little pride,I wouldn't have waited until this year either.Coach Christian done some other coaches a favor by taking this job.Not a very easy fix and it will take some major changes and some bold moves .I just don't know if he has been given the key that just opens the car door or actually can be put into the ignition and drive it.

Pride? He took a state championship caliper team to a 8-4 record and a second round playoff loss. If he was coach now they'd be 0-2 an getting ready to go 0-3. But yeah, he had it planed to go out on a high note. It just didn't turn out that way. I'd really like to know whats going on behind closed doors right now. All the rumors are killing me.

27 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Pride? He took a state championship caliper team to a 8-4 record and a second round playoff loss. If he was coach now they'd be 0-2 an getting ready to go 0-3. But yeah, he had it planed to go out on a high note. It just didn't turn out that way. I'd really like to know whats going on behind closed doors right now. All the rumors are killing me.

If they have figured out how the coffee machine works by now,then they are probably trying to figure out how to unlock the doors to get out.