Dresden at Lake Co

shockernation

59 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Last week Lake Co threw the ball more to #4.Thought they would do that more against I think #14.Lost one of the fastest receivers that doesn't want to play.Havent seen #3 for Lake Co do much the past couple weeks so hoping he can add something..Lake Co tight end is a beast,didtn throw to him except once I believe when he reached back and caught the ball.Also threw several passes to #11 last week but with his injury,that didn't happen the second half.Im figuring coach will utilize tight end a lot more this week.Gibson Co came to play and shouldn't be anyones homecoming this year .I was impressed.Number 23 and I think 30 ran hard and well.QB played well.I thought Gibson Co did better against stopping Johnson than any team Ive seen in a couple years.I said last week,I saw a couple things that concern me and Gibson Co scored a couple times on a younger player that if a couple players decide to play,may not have been there.Maybe LC can get things going.Have 3 starters that should be back on the team from last year not playing.With Tubbs out half the game,4 starters .But guess just have to rely on the ones that want to play

Exactly Bigster, can't keep on with the what ifs.  The kids made the decision to not play and should no longer be a part of the conversation.  The Falcons must move forward with the players on the field.  I wish we had those 3 or 4 players but that is high school football.  Hopefully Tubbs will recover, he his a good all around player.  We definitely need to expand the passing game.  Surly someone on that team can kick an extra point.  That was a plus last year! Another Close game Friday night, 22-17 LC   

9 minutes ago, LCFalcons00 said:

Exactly Bigster, can't keep on with the what ifs.  The kids made the decision to not play and should no longer be a part of the conversation.  The Falcons must move forward with the players on the field.  I wish we had those 3 or 4 players but that is high school football.  Hopefully Tubbs will recover, he his a good all around player.  We definitely need to expand the passing game.  Surly someone on that team can kick an extra point.  That was a plus last year! Another Close game Friday night, 22-17 LC   

Your right.Here's Tubbs who just cant catch a break it seems from injuries but hes giving his all and still playing hard.So I'm letting them go from future posts.At the moment we aren't as good but hoping by end of year,we will be there.I think offense is ok.

12 minutes ago, LCFalcons00 said:

I don't think we have anyone that can kick a ball 15 yards straight in the air..lol.If we can get 50 percent,then will be like we didn't miss one if we did try to kick.Id just as soon go for 2 every time.

Guys calm down. LC is not clicking with each other right now. I would rather peek late in the season than early. Snyder carried the ball 20 times last night so he got plenty of carries. Our running back fumbled 3 times. He didn't fumble 3 times the whole season last year. Gibson Co played hard and were motivated. LC did not match GC in intensity until the game was on the line. When it was winning time the LC defense held GC offense to minus 9 yards on their last 3 possessions. GC is much improved. LC needed a game like that one last night. LC got caught looking ahead and that's human nature. GC came with a purpose last night. Imo LC will have that same purpose for the Dresden game. LC will be just fine. We are only 2 games into the season. If the Falcons are playing like this late in the season then we should be worried. The coaching staff will get things fixed. LC is ok. Hats off to Gibson Co for playing so hard. GC returned 20 motivated starters from last year. Now on to Dresden. LC will surprise everyone this week.

21 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Guys calm down. LC is not clicking with each other right now. I would rather peek late in the season than early. Snyder carried the ball 20 times last night so he got plenty of carries. Our running back fumbled 3 times. He didn't fumble 3 times the whole season last year. Gibson Co played hard and were motivated. LC did not match GC in intensity until the game was on the line. When it was winning time the LC defense held GC offense to minus 9 yards on their last 3 possessions. GC is much improved. LC needed a game like that one last night. LC got caught looking ahead and that's human nature. GC came with a purpose last night. Imo LC will have that same purpose for the Dresden game. LC will be just fine. We are only 2 games into the season. If the Falcons are playing like this late in the season then we should be worried. The coaching staff will get things fixed. LC is ok. Hats off to Gibson Co for playing so hard. GC returned 20 motivated starters from last year. Now on to Dresden. LC will surprise everyone this week.

I agree that LC was flat until the game was on the line. I think the kids where looking towards Dresden which possibly is for the region title. LC gets the win I think in a close hard hitting game.

44 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I like your thinking

After sleeping on it...I think all of us are gonna look up in a few weeks and Gibson co is gonna knock off some good teams! Nothing wrong with an exciting OT win! Our kids needed a challenge, got one, now let’s move on to some even more exciting football! We all get caught up in the moment/future with this group because of expectations...let’s take time to smell the roses! I’m as bad as anyone so I’m not criticizing! But hey we’ve played 2 games and won both and now we have a week to get ready for the big one! Region is on the line now the season gets real! Expect a large rowdy crowd and Puckett will put our best 11 out there! Sit back and enjoy we are 2-0

I think Gibson county is better than people realize.  Our guys will be ready for Dresden.  We all gotta remember they are just young men and they will do what young men do.  Everyone is going to be playing harder to knock us down this year.  With the best back in 1A and the expectations for the Falcons this year every team we play is going to bring everything they got against us. Just just have to ignore the polls and hype and play lake county football.  Good luck 

8 minutes ago, 23forever said:

I think Gibson county is better than people realize.  Our guys will be ready for Dresden.  We all gotta remember they are just young men and they will do what young men do.  Everyone is going to be playing harder to knock us down this year.  With the best back in 1A and the expectations for the Falcons this year every team we play is going to bring everything they got against us. Just just have to ignore the polls and hype and play lake county football.  Good luck 

I agree. LC has got to learn to take one game at a time and focus on the opponent for that week. If they can do that everything else will take care of itself.